HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TPG Feedback: Mech and Item Restrictions

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 01:23 PM

Mech class limitations would definitely have a positive effect on adding more build diversity between teams. Currently, the incin/brawler/gren combo is ridiculous to stop and there's no reason for a team to not run this setup. I think we could go even a step further and remove techs from comp play completely.

As to the game modes, I logged maybe 10 hours into both siege and MA (compared to my total 300) as I don't find these modes particularly entertaining, and in my opinion both modes don't require the same skill as TDM. As Xacius has mentioned in another thread, both MA and siege limit map availability and focus on camping specific zones.

Edited by IareDave, August 11 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#22 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostIareDave, on August 11 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

As Xacius has mentioned in another thread, both MA and siege limit map availability and focus on camping specific zones.

Well it's not like TDM doesn't have camping of it's own.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#23 breadeffect

breadeffect

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted August 14 2014 - 01:49 PM

All for the 2A/2B/2C rule instead of 3.  Adds more diversity within the mech picks rather than HP dominance and suppression dominance.

I'd like to have Incin take more limitations under it this go round.  That damn thing makes fights just annoying and not enjoyable in the slightest.  Too strong for its current iteration.  At least should limit the use of the PAPA.   Being able to fire indefinitely is just a stupid mechanic in the game, especially when everything is balanced around that mechanic.

I'd like the options to be more along the lines of: You can't have a tech and an Incin together on the same team rather than losing the mech entirely from the league or limiting the weapon use of it.  Because without a tech, the push and sustain on it cannot be nearly as tough to overcome and allows for different comps if a certain team still wants to run an Incin.  So only 1 mech that's classified as a support would be allowed per team.  

That or the other option is just banning PAPA.  I found it just loses a lot of depth when 2 people can hold back 6 due to the spamming the Incin and tech can provide in the battle  Let alone if the combo to hold back the team was a Gren and a Incin.

Edited by [HFC]breadeffect, August 14 2014 - 01:50 PM.

View PostNept, on February 08 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yes, you know a game's gone in the wrong direction when the game's top players are defending the current patch.

#24 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:12 PM

I feel as if we're going to do this by weight class, it should be something like 3A 3B 2C max or something like that. That or you can have an arbitrary number to go with for max weight on a team. IE: 12 weight max or something (A is 1, B is 2, C is 3). This would force teams that would run 3 C classes with 3 A classes, but if they only have 2 C classes It'll open up a spot for a B class on the team. I don't know what would be the right numbers to use for this, just an example of concept.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#25 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:48 AM

3A/1B/2C or 3A/2B/1C or 2A/2B/2C.

No incin makes the game's pace a lot faster, and that's where fun begins :D

I hated infinite heals, much longer shooting for teammates around the incin ... Just too much suppression.

Posted Image

#26 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 07:30 AM

I will mention that we're reluctant to ban anything (re: mechs) outright.  As I noted earlier, these posts won't serve as a vote; instead, we'll be looking toward the arguments that they're advancing.

Edited by Nept, August 18 2014 - 08:15 AM.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#27 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 10:12 AM

I like Rei's idea but certain mechs should have more weight points and others less then the average. Incin should be a 4, tech should have more then 1, G2 mechs should generally have lower points because....G2.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#28 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostSylhiri, on August 18 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

I like Rei's idea but certain mechs should have more weight points and others less then the average. Incin should be a 4, tech should have more then 1, G2 mechs should generally have lower points because....G2.

It would be sorta like max drop weight in battletech games, but without a mechanic in game to enforce it it would be hard to manage I think, especially if someone wants to switch mechs mid match. Restricting by numbers of a, b, and c would be a bit more clear cut.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#29 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 20 2014 - 02:13 AM

restrictions: NONE

Edited by hawkenus, August 20 2014 - 02:14 AM.

Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#30 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted August 22 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostHyginos, on August 18 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostSylhiri, on August 18 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

It would be sorta like max drop weight in battletech games, but without a mechanic in game to enforce it it would be hard to manage I think, especially if someone wants to switch mechs mid match. Restricting by numbers of a, b, and c would be a bit more clear cut.
Yeah that is a very good point.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users