HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

No More Hawken Intros

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: No More Hawken Intros (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Please don't do that_

1. You should post more (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No i don't want to see anymore (32 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 GhostMechT

GhostMechT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 10 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

View PostDr_Freeze001, on August 10 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

Honesty, and I do mean this as constructive criticism, the reason I believe people don't like them is because they aren't hawken intros. They're just regular intros,... but with some hawken text and an image. To me that doesn't scream "HELL YEA, HAWKEN IS IN DA HOUSE!"

I'd like to see more intros, just not like those. Hawken has a pretty good graphical identity (imo at least) and a pretty awesome soundtrack. Why not use those_

For example, instead of just typing "hawken" in a generic font, download the free fansite-kit and use the logo's in there, or get the (again free) 'Kremlin' font. If you are able to get in the in-game customization options, take a screen-shot and use Photoshop or Gimp to color pick the colors to use.

It's worth going the exta mile.
No i'm done with this

View PostEliteShooter, on August 10 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

You basically look for attention. 5 threads so far that should be in just 1. Please stop making those threads, just stop. Bumping your first thread is enough to get forumers to look at it and give feedback, and also appreciate your efforts, instead of feeling annoyed by the big amount of threads that you make for just one thing.

And also, why not use your intros as intros for some HAWKEN gameplay that you record and share with us_ It should at least be functional, I mean why make intros that won't introduce for anything_

Edit: Oh, and BTW, make sure that you don't combine two or 3 templates. Each one should be enough, and should be able to contain the usual amount of info you need to include in an intro. 1 is enough, 1+ is too much.

Thank you and good luck going forward.

-----------------------------------
AJK, you said you're a designer, is your profile picture a character that you designed_
1: stop click on the posts i made
2: Shut Up

1- We say "clicking".
2- YOU CAN'T SILENCE THE TRUTH, and generally me, you can't, I'm too dominant. I also was talking with total respect and reason. So whether you'll understand it or not, I'll have to keep spreading my opinion.

Now let's hope you don't tell me shut up again.
yes pleasse keep your mouth shut

#22 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

yes pleasse keep your mouth shut
If anything, you should follow your own advice.

EliteShooter has outperformed you, and you're winning no friends by continuing to be toxic.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#23 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:05 PM

hahahahahha
ahem.

AJK is right.  Again.

:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#24 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted August 10 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

I'm sorry but i will no longer post anymore hawken intros, because responses to part 2 was just ridiculous. Don't make fun of it. that you used template that bla bla. Make something like that and then talk other wise just SHUT UP!

If you don't like my posts then just don't click on them and post mean things cuz that's just not nice.

Part 1: https://community.pl...age__mode__show

Part 2: https://community.pl...-part-2-is-out/
I enjoyed the post of the intros to the battles on VS mode...don't listen to them just keep them coming...
Maybe they are jealous_ who cares keep them coming ...i loved it..... :)
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#25 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 10 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

I enjoyed the post of the intros to the battles on VS mode...don't listen to them just keep them coming...
He's the one asking for feedback. He should listen if he wants to improve. And given the overall negative reaction to the quality of his intros, improvement is needed.

Maybe they are jealous_
Why would we be jealous of him using premade intros_
It's something anybody could do. I'm not kidding. It just requires having AE and plugging a few images and words into predefined fields sort of thing.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#26 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:02 PM

Maybe they are jealous_

LOL

Posted Image

#27 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:11 PM

*looks at thread*

oboi

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

#28 GhostMechT

GhostMechT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:13 PM

I'm sorry but i will no longer post anymore hawken intros, because responses to part 2 was just ridiculous. Don't make fun of it. that you used template that bla bla. Make something like that and then talk other wise just SHUT UP!

If you don't like my posts then just don't click on them and post mean things cuz that's just not nice.

Sorry but i think i'm done

#29 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:14 PM

After looking at the .GIF I posted myself I'm actually hungry right now.
Anyone care for some Bananaed_

Posted Image

Spoiler

#30 GhostMechT

GhostMechT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 10 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

He's the one asking for feedback. He should listen if he wants to improve. And given the overall negative reaction to the quality of his intros, improvement is needed.

Maybe they are jealous_
It's something anybody could do. I'm not kidding. It just requires having AE and plugging a few images and words into predefined fields sort of thing.
Yes you are right find how to make a awesome music like that guess what i made the music myself.

#31 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Yes you are right find how to make a awesome music like that guess what i made the music myself.
I have a $1500 piano in my room. What's your point_

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, August 10 2014 - 06:53 PM.

AJK is right

#32 MushyMoosh

MushyMoosh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 10 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

I have a $1500 piano in my room. What's your point_

can you create a theme song for me :D
Posted Image

#33 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 07:09 PM

Maybe they are jealous_
it wasn't meant as an actual statement but a way to allow him to continue the work...If its templates i honestly don't care it's fun to see what if's...not meant as a real world statement or insult anyone and if in the process i did i am sorry....
But i did enjoy the work...it may even inspire a fight club intro for you hardcore fanatics who love the game for the pure bragging rights or trophies...You never know where simple and crazy ideas lead....We did land on the moon in a very fast or should i say short time span....so who knows....i did enjoy it...and yes he need thicker skin but it was fun for me to imagine watching a fight between you top players with that intro...for me it would be awesome...maybe it's because i enjoy fights like MMA and Boxing....Maybe it's the city girl in me......but i did enjoy it.... :mellow:
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#34 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

Sorry but i think i'm done
Art is hard to do..don't just give up...Allow yourself time to think and create another and post it...learn  from what they say and don't worry...If it was easy ..everyone would be doing what your doing...some of these folks are very smart people so it is hard to take in criticism from them but they are good at what they do....don't give up....learn from it and create more ...its the only way to get better at what you do...art is hard but every once in a while you hit a nail so hard it make people love and respect you for ever...so don't stop now...this is the easy part.....the hard part is getting it right..... ;)

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, August 10 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#35 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 10 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

Maybe they are jealous_
it wasn't meant as an actual statement but a way to allow him to continue the work...If its templates i honestly don't care it's fun to see what if's...not meant as a real world statement or insult anyone and if in the process i did i am sorry....
But i did enjoy the work...it may even inspire a fight club intro for you hardcore fanatics who love the game for the pure bragging rights or trophies...You never know where simple and crazy ideas lead....We did land on the moon in a very fast or should i say short time span....so who knows....i did enjoy it...and yes he need thicker skin but it was fun for me to imagine watching a fight between you top players with that intro...for me it would be awesome...maybe it's because i enjoy fights like MMA and Boxing....Maybe it's the city girl in me......but i did enjoy it.... :mellow:
Alright. I see what you're getting at. A good sentiment. Thanks for the clarification.

AJK is right

#36 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 11 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 10 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

[video]

getting called out and  d o m i n a t i n g -- lol, just lol ;)
Posted Image#94 it used to be

#37 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 11 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

ok so you guys wanna know how i did it. I did all that with blender its not some good dam template.

so let's see your source and .blend project files then_
Posted Image

#38 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 11 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 11 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Ahh fuzzy bunny that too much work

dragging and dropping your source files to dropbox or something is too much work, but actually making and rendering all those 3D compositions in blender isnt_ right :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#39 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 09:15 AM

...it may even inspire a fight club intro...

FEH. Maybe if it actually picks back up again.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#40 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostSylhiri, on August 11 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

...it may even inspire a fight club intro...

FEH. Maybe if it actually picks back up again.
I would love to be able to see the fights live using spectator mode...maybe even use a spacial password for the game and then change it when you do another tournament ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users