HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

No More Hawken Intros

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: No More Hawken Intros (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Please don't do that_

1. You should post more (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No i don't want to see anymore (32 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GhostMechT

GhostMechT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:06 AM

I'm sorry but i will no longer post anymore hawken intros, because responses to part 2 was just ridiculous. Don't make fun of it. that you used template that bla bla. Make something like that and then talk other wise just SHUT UP!

If you don't like my posts then just don't click on them and post mean things cuz that's just not nice.

Part 1: https://community.pl...age__mode__show

Part 2: https://community.pl...-part-2-is-out/

Edited by GhostMechT, August 10 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#2 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:25 AM

image.jpg
it's always been wankershim

#3 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:32 AM

Honesty, and I do mean this as constructive criticism, the reason I believe people don't like them is because they aren't hawken intros. They're just regular intros,... but with some hawken text and an image. To me that doesn't scream "HELL YEA, HAWKEN IS IN DA HOUSE!"

I'd like to see more intros, just not like those. Hawken has a pretty good graphical identity (imo at least) and a pretty awesome soundtrack. Why not use those_

For example, instead of just typing "hawken" in a generic font, download the free fansite-kit and use the logo's in there, or get the (again free) 'Kremlin' font. If you are able to get in the in-game customization options, take a screen-shot and use Photoshop or Gimp to color pick the colors to use.

It's worth going the exta mile.

#4 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted August 10 2014 - 07:33 AM

I think its great that you are working on things. I really do so keep it up if you want to but threads like this aren't really going to help any. Carry on with your work and keep it to one thread in the A&M forum. (Just keep updating the OP) We have some great artists, programmers and 3D designers in the community so listen to their advice and  try not to take criticism so personally.

DrFreeze is right though, use what the game has to offer like the fansite kit and the HAWKEN font which you can find in my old thread here.

Hope this helps ;)
Posted Image

#5 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 08:04 AM

I don't think I used it much, but I had designed an intro that was a clan logo that emulated hawkers logo and design. I'll see if I can find it.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#6 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 08:25 AM

You basically look for attention. 5 threads so far that should be in just 1. Please stop making those threads, just stop. Bumping your first thread is enough to get forumers to look at it and give feedback, and also appreciate your efforts, instead of feeling annoyed by the big amount of threads that you make for just one thing.

And also, why not use your intros as intros for some HAWKEN gameplay that you record and share with us_ It should at least be functional, I mean why make intros that won't introduce for anything_

Edit: Oh, and BTW, make sure that you don't combine two or 3 templates. Each one should be enough, and should be able to contain the usual amount of info you need to include in an intro. 1 is enough, 1+ is too much.

Thank you and good luck going forward.

-----------------------------------
AJK, you said you're a designer, is your profile picture a character that you designed_

Edited by EliteShooter, August 10 2014 - 08:25 AM.

Posted Image

#7 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 10 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

AJK, you said you're a designer, is your profile picture a character that you designed_
That's just something I put together using a bunch of premade stuff in a 3D program I use for lighting reference. I do that because there's no way I can afford real models or a studio and equipment.

Anyway, I couldn't find the very simple intro I made, but I did find the logo.
Posted Image

At the time it was created, this was pretty much exactly the same color scheme and style that Hawken was using. The colors don't work as well now because they've changed their look. But as you can see, I used the Kremlin typeface and the SK symbol is based off of the Hawken symbol, giving it a feel that is very "Hawken". It would be easy to update that basic design with a bit of cyber-grunge instead of the green glow, and it'd fit the current design scheme.

Sure, it's not as fancy and flashy as an After Effects intro, but simple might be better if it's more unique.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#8 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:32 AM

That font, "Squarefont"_ Or, no, that's just kremlin :P All caps huh_

Edited by EliteShooter, August 10 2014 - 09:33 AM.

Posted Image

#9 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 10 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Kremlin is all caps no matter what. The only difference is that some letters face the opposite direction while in "lowercase".

AJK is right

#10 GhostMechT

GhostMechT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on August 10 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

Honesty, and I do mean this as constructive criticism, the reason I believe people don't like them is because they aren't hawken intros. They're just regular intros,... but with some hawken text and an image. To me that doesn't scream "HELL YEA, HAWKEN IS IN DA HOUSE!"

I'd like to see more intros, just not like those. Hawken has a pretty good graphical identity (imo at least) and a pretty awesome soundtrack. Why not use those_

For example, instead of just typing "hawken" in a generic font, download the free fansite-kit and use the logo's in there, or get the (again free) 'Kremlin' font. If you are able to get in the in-game customization options, take a screen-shot and use Photoshop or Gimp to color pick the colors to use.

No i'm done with this

You basically look for attention. 5 threads so far that should be in just 1. Please stop making those threads, just stop. Bumping your first thread is enough to get forumers to look at it and give feedback, and also appreciate your efforts, instead of feeling annoyed by the big amount of threads that you make for just one thing.

And also, why not use your intros as intros for some HAWKEN gameplay that you record and share with us_ It should at least be functional, I mean why make intros that won't introduce for anything_

Edit: Oh, and BTW, make sure that you don't combine two or 3 templates. Each one should be enough, and should be able to contain the usual amount of info you need to include in an intro. 1 is enough, 1+ is too much.

1: stop clicking on the posts i made
2: Shut Up

Edited by GhostMechT, August 10 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#11 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:05 AM

u can put ur intros in one topics, and people who want - see this, who not want - not see this.

what if u make a 568.476 new intros_ u create 568.476 new topics about it_

#12 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

View PostDr_Freeze001, on August 10 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

No i'm done with this

1: stop click on the posts i made

1- We say "clicking".
2- YOU CAN'T SILENCE THE TRUTH, and generally me, you can't, I'm too dominant. I also was talking with total respect and reason. So whether you'll understand it or not, I'll have to keep spreading my opinion.

Now let's hope you don't tell me shut up again.

Posted Image

#13 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:13 AM

also, best voting result ever :Ъ

#14 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 10 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

View PostEliteShooter, on August 10 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Kremlin is all caps no matter what. The only difference is that some letters face the opposite direction while in "lowercase".
Also Ш and Щ

- lok'tar ogar -

#15 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

No i'm done with this

1: stop click on the posts i made
A sign of someone who truly wants to improve is the ability to take criticism.

Even if it's negative and rude, it's important to be able to handle it well and not snap back. Sit back, take a deep breath, and then remove the emotional content from the criticism. Both your own, and the critics. Look at the points they made without emotion, and you can find ways that they may help you. If all you want is praise, then you'll never improve. It's like a child who shows a drawing they did at school to their parents and grandparents. They continue to draw using symbols instead of what things actually look like because everybody says, "Oh that's nice! It looks so good." even if it doesn't.

If you're going to get defensive and insulting, then nobody is going to try to help you. And given this is the internet, we'll just start giving you a harder time. If you're looking to get hate, then you're doing an excellent job by telling to people to "shut up".

EliteShooter is right by the way. You don't need to make a new topic every time you create a new intro. It's excessive and technically it's breaking the forum rules. It's all one topic, and only needs one thread. It's also easier for people to keep track of if they don't have to search 3 different threads.

AJK is right

#16 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:34 AM

Btw, Kremlin...
Posted Image

AJK is right

#17 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:35 AM

НAЩКЕИ

СО ФУКИНГ КУЛ

:D

Edited by nepacaka, August 10 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#18 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 10 2014 - 11:17 AM

I love how you posted your intros asking for criticism and then make a thread bashing anyone who actually gave you criticism. pro tip - you're not allowed to put something up on a public video site or a public forum, and then get mad and lash out when you don't get the kind of criticism that you want (aka meaningless, undeserved praise). also the "if you don't like my posts then just don't click on them" and the "make something like that and then talk" arguments don't hold up when you post them to a public forum and public video site where criticisms are allowed and encouranged
Posted Image

#19 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostGhostMechT, on August 10 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Make something like that and then talk other wise just SHUT UP!

I have bigger projects that I'm working on, so I couldn't find too much time to jerk around with you. Also because tomorrow I'm going to the beach baby, for a week :D

Here's this ... I don't even know what could it be named LOL ...

Don't also think that's it's a web service cheese, I can upload the Adobe After Effects project file and the footage (scene elements and all that) ... And the pinnacle project (that I used to both add sound and to compress the video using the built in MPEG-4 codec with too little brightness added and too little quality lowered (cuz the rendered AE file is lossless and is 1.5 GB of size, and I turned it into 16.4 MB).

But there's a little secret procedure that I really won't tell to anyone, cuz making the vid 1000x smaller in size with about 7% quality loss is LOLLY :P

Posted Image

#20 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 10 2014 - 03:33 PM

You get ADH or anybody else to come with another one of these:

and i will throw BAGS of cash at you

Edited by EM1O, August 10 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users