HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

g2 raider special

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 11:00 AM

how come mine goes as fast as a scout walking but some players go faster than a raider boosting special_
i don't mean any of it

#2 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted August 16 2014 - 11:17 AM

internals

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#3 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted August 16 2014 - 12:39 PM

Black magic.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#4 Knowledge70

Knowledge70

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLower 2100 mmr pilot camp

Posted August 16 2014 - 01:20 PM

People who don't know how bad g2s are tend to be faster due to ignorance.

:P

(But probably internals).

Edited by Knowledge70, August 16 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Things and stuff.

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:13 PM

if you are in your Scout, tear my HP down nearly to zero, and i am in my Reaper and scream away like I'm hacking, it's because my internal (evasive booster) gives me a speed boost of 25% when you do that. your max speeds will still be at least 5 m/s slower than mine. enough to get me to safety, heal up a little, then run back and wax your butt. power surger works going the other direction (kill speed-boost)
spiffy little doo-dads.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 04:54 PM

ok using it a while ive realised i just imagined it going as fast as i thought it was so scary but its fastenough, and the fuel tank defining how long it runs also good to know now i can get that fuel converter to raid with
i don't mean any of it

#7 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostEM1O, on August 16 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

if you are in your Scout, tear my HP down nearly to zero, and i am in my Reaper and scream away like I'm hacking, it's because my internal (evasive booster) gives me a speed boost of 25% when you do that. your max speeds will still be at least 5 m/s slower than mine. enough to get me to safety, heal up a little, then run back and wax your butt. power surger works going the other direction (kill speed-boost)
spiffy little doo-dads.
thank you for the tip
i don't mean any of it

#8 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 17 2014 - 10:21 AM

My fat raider runs with an evasive device and a basic fuel converter. Have to say, makes my G2 blitz last quite a while longer while taking damage, and the evasive device makes me run even faster when my health gets low. So much fun running down little A Class mechs in my Fat Raider.

So shoot me.... I DARE YOU!!!! >:3
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#9 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 10:25 AM

thats what im using also :) still getting used to it, such as its slowdown/acceleration and fatness im so not used to using, as all mobile mechs i use are a or b, all c classes i prefer to turret mode
i don't mean any of it

#10 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 17 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostMoreapples, on August 17 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Posted Image
Fight from last night yeah_

#12 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted August 17 2014 - 08:17 PM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 17 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yup.
Pretty much looks like a fat turkey on drugs.

Posted Image

#13 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 17 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostMoreapples, on August 17 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 17 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yup.
Pretty much looks like a fat turkey on drugs.

I don't care what insults you lob at it, that's still a pretty shot.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#14 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 05:38 PM

it may be a nice piece of art but thats all it is.  The T32 Bolt XT: exact same stats as the T32 Bolt.  There is nothing XT about it.  It doesn't have a higher burst or more dps or less heat...nothing different.  So its a slow charge weapon with too little dps to be effective.  The COrsair KLA XT - identical to the standard Corsair.  Noting XT about it.  It cycles too slow to be useful.   replace the T32 with the Flak Cannon and we might be talking...but other than that I don't see the G2 as being anything other than window dressing.  

Every other mech in game can beat it in a one v one.  Its speed bonus uses fuel.  It is quite literally like the designers took the worst mechanics from a couple mechs and put it in the slowest C-class hull they could think of.  Swap its walking speed and boosting speeds with the incinerator and maybe you have a better mech.  But this will never happen.

The G2 raider blows serious VD covered male genetalia.

#15 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:49 PM

You are correct in the T38 being the same but the KLA does more damage on a longer reload time and the regular grenade mode has a larger splash too. The reason they are called XT is because if the devs ever need to rebalance any of the G2 weapons, the other weapons on the other mechs that share them won't get the nerf/buff the other does.

#16 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 21 2014 - 03:01 PM

Supposedly the T32 Bolt XT can shoot through multiple enemies. Has anyone actually tested this_

#17 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on August 16 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

how come mine goes as fast as a scout walking but some players go faster than a raider boosting special_

The G2 is a piece of fuzzy bunny.  Its special lasts for absolutely zero time to make it worth it.  Then it moves as slow...perhaps slower than a brawler.  On top of that its weapons have less dps...less effective burst (TOW missiles > KLA any day) and there is no noticable difference between the KLA and the KLA XT (nor the t32 and the t32 xt).  

So when Prosk engineers scavenged the battlefield for the parts they just HAPPENED to pick the worst parts (slow cycling low dps weapons with zero range and poor accuracy) and put them on a mech that is incapable of flanking for more than 10 seconds at a time.  And then they said...HEY lets give it fuzzy bunny all for fuel!

I'm not asking it to be better than the raider.  I am asking it to be a well designed concept....which it is certainly not.  If it was supposed to be a counter to the raider it would have a ton of armor and a dodge speed like the scout.  The T32 would act MORE like a shotgun than the breacher with more burst (bigger spread of pellets) and the KLA would have the same RoF as the Tow Rocket does.

but nope.  Its not even an upgrade from teh raider...its a downgrade.  its not even parallel.  It just is worse than every other mech in the game currently...perhaps worse at fighting than a decloaked predator.  

The only other thing I can think up is to get rid of the t32 on the g3 raider and give it a reflak XT that is more like the big flak cannon in burst and dps...but has shot that bounces...something I can spam rather than having perfect timing so I don't die during reload/charge.

View Postmmm_yep, on August 21 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Supposedly the T32 Bolt XT can shoot through multiple enemies. Has anyone actually tested this_

It is no different in stats than the normal t32 Bolt.  Its got an ok Spread so it might hit multiple enemies but they'd have to be really close and really low in health to die to it.

#18 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostFlifang, on August 20 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

You are correct in the T38 being the same but the KLA does more damage on a longer reload time and the regular grenade mode has a larger splash too. The reason they are called XT is because if the devs ever need to rebalance any of the G2 weapons, the other weapons on the other mechs that share them won't get the nerf/buff the other does.

They never should have put them out in this terrible condition.  This is like pre-alpha status on this junk.  rebalance_  It was never balanced in the first place.  The chief power of the raider isn't in its weapons but in its speed.  The G2 takes a dose of crack cocaine and goes like bananas for 10 seconds.  And then you're stuck in a terrible spot.  Its probably the second WORST special outside of the Bruiser's useless damage reduction...where it doesn't have enough armor to matter.  It should have damage immunity for that brief time not a reduction.

#19 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 08:41 PM

when your on your game using this mech it is very good in a 1v1 especially if you get the alpha plop, when its special is on its got the destruction and speed of a raider or scout running around you with the defences of a... really weak c and since its special comes up so often its got to be the only way meant to engage enemy, so the ultimate weakness and how i die the most is once you engage, the badguys buddies all wanna join in the stomples and one will grab you by the legs and another by the arms then the third guy puts a rope on your neck, they get 2 horses, and you know how it ends just pick your fights, do it when you are as sure as you can be that the 10 second fight will not be interrupted and you get out and recoup for a few seconds and repeat
i don't mean any of it

#20 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 22 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on August 21 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

View Postmmm_yep, on August 21 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

It is no different in stats than the normal t32 Bolt.  Its got an ok Spread so it might hit multiple enemies but they'd have to be really close and really low in health to die to it.
I meant if the enemies were right behind each other in a row like dominoes, would the shot travel through the first enemy damage the one directly behind it_ Yes, they would still have to be very close.

Edited by mmm_yep, August 22 2014 - 07:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users