HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Bug with keymappings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bernisv

bernisv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 03:01 AM

Hello,

i have the "special ability key" mapped to the "6"-key. Whenever i start the game, this key is reset to "blank" and i have to map it again. So after every gamestart this keymapping is "gorgotten".

Greetings Berni

#2 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 03:51 AM

perhaps try  (backup first) erasing your hawken documents in your documents folder so it resets
or running game as admin or changing the documents permissions

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, August 19 2014 - 03:53 AM.

i don't mean any of it

#3 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 19 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on August 19 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

perhaps try  (backup first) erasing your hawken documents in your documents folder so it resets

I think MechFighter5e3bf9 had some good ideas. Here are more detailed instructions on how to reset your config files:

Depending on your OS there are three different ways to reset your config files:
  • For everything except Windows 8:
    Navigate to "Documents / My Games " and rename the "Hawken" folder to "Hawken Backup".
  • For Windows 8:
    Rename "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config" to "ConfigBackup". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".
  • If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
    If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users