HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mouse Control Glitch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 original_madman1

original_madman1

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 09:53 AM

I have been playing this game for a while and ran into a problem after the steam migration that makes the game unplayable. Whenever I log into hawken, it constantly reads my mouse as pulling to the left. In the game or in the menus, the same thing happens. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game without success. I have tried using a different mouse, but was met with the same problem. I sent a support ticket in two months ago, and they still have not helped me, so I turn to the internet for the help that I so desperately desire.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 20 2014 - 10:51 AM

When you reinstalled the game did you also manually delete Hawken's config files_ If not you should try resetting your config files as described below.

Depending on your OS there are three different ways to reset your config files:
  • For everything except Windows 8:
    Navigate to "Documents / My Games " and rename the "Hawken" folder to "Hawken Backup".
  • For Windows 8:
    Rename "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config" to "ConfigBackup". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".
  • If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
    If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".

#3 original_madman1

original_madman1

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:13 AM

Still doing it. Any other ideas_

#4 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:18 AM

View Postoriginal_madman1, on August 20 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Still doing it. Any other ideas_

Well, do you have any gamepads, joysticks etc plugged in_ If so please remove them and try again.

If you don't have any gamepads, joysticks etc plugged in you can try to edit the config files to fix it. The config files are located in "C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config\". You have to open the "HawkenInput.ini" and search for "LookRightScale" and "LookUpScale" in the "[HawkenGame.R_PlayerInput]" section. It doesn't work if the values are changed in a different section! The values have to be changed to:
  • LookRightScale = 1.000000
  • LookUpScale = -1.000000

#5 original_madman1

original_madman1

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:48 AM

Thank you so much. I had my joystick plugged in. Working now.

#6 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:14 PM

Your joystick needs to be calibrated :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users