HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tech Love

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FirstRaven

FirstRaven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of an A Class mecha- behind you.

Posted September 06 2014 - 08:43 PM

Mine, I call her Hot Lips...

What kind of load outs are you using_
Tips_ Tricks_ Fun things to do with them_
Share your trade secrets.
Don't worry- most people are too concerned about their stats to run around with no armor and one gun.

Edited by FirstRaven, September 06 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#2 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:29 PM

Fellow tech lover. https://community.pl...-to-technician/ This might be useful:)
Posted Image

#3 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:13 AM

Mine is called lollipop, it's my main mech, I luv' it !

tricks _ dunno...
- try to heal behind covers
- keep an eye on your radar specially if there are heat canon infil' or raider on the other team
- stick to fatboyz or Assault
- don't try to heal top tier players that doesn't need you (in mixed MMR match, Assault smurf accounts with 2300mmr, unless you can keep-up with them)
- don't pick your techie in a Scout+pred'+infil'+sharpshooter team, you'll be useless
- it's sad to say but leave suicide players alone, try to heal them will only result in 2x kills for the other team
- learn to dodge-run (almost as fast as running and you can continue healing, it's a bit tricky but sometimes it works)

My loadout is :
items :
shields x2
wall x1
internal :
evasive device
fuel converter
basic deflectors
basic reconstructor

It's not the best loadout but I didn't pay attention. I also have 2x detonator for fun and I've seen awesome ninja techies, I'd love to know their loadout

A fun thing to do is to try to have a KD > 1 :-P

EDIT : and RPR as gun !

Edited by MomOw, September 07 2014 - 02:37 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:38 AM

I called mine Billy Jean :]

*theme song plays*

I haven't finalized my load out yet.

Edited by Zycon, September 07 2014 - 02:40 AM.

#5 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:41 AM

Mine is called Hawken's Bane........oh wait, I don't have one.

#6 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted September 07 2014 - 03:08 AM

The good old Chill-Pill.

I call this set-up the "Selfish Tech", seeing as it relies on you doing damage and surviving.

ITEMS:

Blockade MKII; these are your most valuable tool. Remember, as a tech your main priority is to keep your team alive. Bloccade helps your team and yourself not get shot. If you're low on health and in the middle of combat, drop a blockade and heal yourself off of it. It's slower than repair, but if someone comes running with 10% health and chased by a scout or infil, the faster you can green-beam in him the better.

Detonator MKII: For the rare times when you do need to defend yourself (or, like me, rush in head first ;)) your team will appreciate you being able to stand on your own. Don't give the enemy team a free kill. Also, it doesn't really matter if you go down to 10% health. You're a tech, you got the repair torch! Just stay alive until your team gets to you and beam off of them.

INTERNALS:

Aircompressor : Best way to keep alive_ Don't get hit. Get air-doge and become a Miskito today!

Replenisher: Green-beam is your best friend, you gotta learn when and how to use it best. whether your gren or incin is pushing and he needs that extra support and push the enemy out of AA, or you wanna top your team back up and running in fear of flanking scouts, it's always better to have more, hence the replenishes.

GUNS (oh yeaaa! *flexes*)

RPR: Good damage and accuracy, best mach for every selfish tech.

Lastly, get your stile down. Are you a sticky tech (one c-class and one c-class only)_ A selfish tech (brofist)_ A medic (get to me and I'll heal you!)_ Butter tech (aka overly enthusiastic tech, heal ALL THE THINGS but olny untill 75% health)_ Canon-fodder (I'LL SAVE Y-Blarggg)_

Basically, what I'm saying is know what you are doing, don't go switching around. Be where your team expects you to be, and be there when they need it most (and go green on their burning metal butt).

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, September 07 2014 - 03:25 AM.

#7 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 04:02 AM

Hello FirstRaven

Here is my normal Techloadout on my Mainaccount

Main Loadout
Spoiler

Second Loadout (agressive)
Spoiler

Posted Image

If you have a agressive Team, intense game againts good enemy and a lot to heal, you can reach something like this too in TDM, this is my Healing Record so far, i belive, it's my Smurf Account. I was focusing only on heal, thats rare even for me, but i needed my full strength to keep my teammates alive

Posted Image

I'am playing mostly Technician, 50-55% of my playtime is only with that mech, so i'am kind of specialized. [correctect, its 50-55%, not 70%, sorry]

Tipps

Spoiler

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, September 09 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#8 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 14 2014 - 12:11 PM

The internals I use are just the compressor so I can still maneuver well since I lack heavy weapons, and a Replenisher so I can use my ability to save my teammates more often.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#9 ZeroSteelfist

ZeroSteelfist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted September 14 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm just starting with a Tech as a second to my Assault, I find each has a benefit depending on the team I am with and the way the match is going. Glad to see some loadout suggestions here as I am not sure how exactly I want to get it together. Right now I am working on staying close but not being underfoot and blocking team movement in combat. It would be nice if there were some Tech specific internals to help us do our best. Maybe a little D%+ when healing or a range + to the healing.

EDIT: After a long time contemplating it I am not sure if the Tech really fits into the game well or not. I like having the option and Tech is fun to play, but it really changes the gameplay.

Edited by ZeroSteelfist, September 28 2014 - 05:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users