HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mass reporting doomsday threads and post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 08 2014 - 03:23 AM

So, not sure if you notice that or not but at any given time, the number of guests surfing the forums is greater than the number of usual forumers that are usually around.

Posted Image

We can't deny the fact that there are really quite of few ugly faces that have been running around like a chicken that's got its head ripped off, posting about the near end of HAWKEN with a clear lack of evidence.

There's no need for us to start a discussion on why there's no way this silence could be the end of HAWKEN. If anything, it's legal BS that's being taken care of internally, just to make it a faster easier process on the dev team and their sponsors, whether they're going to change or not.

And I don't have to tell you that those doomsday posters didn't and won't get tired of doing that. And that could be because they have nothing else to do, they're too terrible to play in the TPG, or simply because they're mentally not grown enough to enjoy the game in any other way besides looking at shinny stuff.

HAWKEN is a playable and enjoyable game, with a constantly present room for skill improvements, but those jerks prefer staying on the forums talking about the end of the road instead of actually playing the game. A lot of players are very angry about the non-existence of communication, content ... but they play the game daily.

But I know that we can't convince them, because like I said, their brains aren't grown enough, and I'm sick and tired of seeing them fuzzy bunny up threads, especially AJK's tracking thread which is made to share valuable info with the community members, and not talk about the end of HAWKEN.

If those dumbasses see that thread as a countdown for the end of HAWKEN, then I see it as a space to find and share information that can deny that, and instead prove that the game will still be up in the future. That thread contains info that shows that the state of the dev team isn't stable but also info that shows that the devs are still working.

Another thing that one can't deny is the existence of mindful, conscious members that don't like those doomsday posts and could do anything to get rid of them.

Well, we do know that there's a mod around. Yes, there is. And all we need to do is to mass report those posts/threads. If a post gets reported around 5 times at least, with a request from almost everyone who reported it to suspend the person who posted it, I'm very sure that the mod could take serious actions towards those people.

Please guys, if you care about HAWKEN, keep reporting those posts, and request from the mod to suspend them because all this stupid negativity that's based on nothing sensitive is ruining the mood, and we don't want the guests that visit the forums to be faced with this stupid BS all day.

It will never take any longer than a minute to do that.

If you find a doomsday post, you can link to it by clicking on the number of the post
Posted Image
and then copying the URL and posting it here.

Anyone who's willing to help with this should follow this thread and report all the doomsday posts linked here, and any other ones he/she finds on himself/herself, And hope that the mods take actions against them and their posters.

A good place to start cleaning up would be the dev tracking thread.

Edited by EliteShooter, September 08 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#2 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 08 2014 - 03:36 AM

I want to inform you that you have the wrong idea about reporting threads.

Doesn't matter if 200 people report the thread, if it doesn't break any rules then it stays up.

Also one could take your post here as a way to antagonize people that are not doing anything wrong either. As you are name calling them throughout the whole thread. So if anything, someone could probably report this and get this shut down or ask you to reword parts of it.

Just a fyi and all.

But yes, people just trying to grief and break the forums rules are held to those rules.

#3 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted September 08 2014 - 03:38 AM

hell yeah! only mass repressions can save hawken

- lok'tar ogar -

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 08 2014 - 04:32 AM

View PostKer4u, on September 08 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

only mass repressions can save hawken

No, but it's among the things we can do.

View PostAkrium, on September 08 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

someone could probably report this and get this shut down or ask you to reword parts of it.

They can try. If it gets shut down and their posts are still up, then it won't be worth caring for the forums at all.

Posted Image

#5 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted September 08 2014 - 06:16 AM

What's that going to achieve_ Mass repressions have never done any good.

"Yeah, let's pretend that Hawken is fine and dandy, and maybe it will become fine and dandy!" Wishful thinking much_

#6 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 08 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yes, we know. You're preaching to the choir. We've reached a point where these 'don't panic, everything is fine' threads are almost as annoying as their 'doomsday' counterparts.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted September 08 2014 - 07:39 AM

Here we go again.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on September 08 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

And all we need to do is to mass report those posts/threads. If a post gets reported around 5 times at least, with a request from almost everyone who reported it to suspend the person who posted it, I'm very sure that the mod could take serious actions towards those people.

NOPE.

Sorry but that's not how it works. 6000 people could report my posts and request my suspension but nothing would happen because the devs don't act unless someone actually breaks the rules and even in that case people don't get suspended without warnings.

Please guys, if you care about HAWKEN, keep reporting those posts, and request from the mod to suspend them because all this stupid negativity that's based on nothing sensitive is ruining the mood, and we don't want the guests that visit the forums to be faced with this stupid BS all day.

Gathering a group of people to harass other users_ Great, I think you'd get suspended faster than anyone you'd try to get suspended.

If you find a doomsday post, you can link to it by clicking on the number of the post
Posted Image
and then copying the URL and posting it here.

Yeah, it's not like that behaviour would break any rules, right_ Wait, what about "no callouts" and "no harrassment"_

View PostAkrium, on September 08 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

I want to inform you that you have the wrong idea about reporting threads.

Doesn't matter if 200 people report the thread, if it doesn't break any rules then it stays up.

Also one could take your post here as a way to antagonize people that are not doing anything wrong either. As you are name calling them throughout the whole thread. So if anything, someone could probably report this and get this shut down or ask you to reword parts of it.

YUP.

#9 Arevizz

Arevizz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationYou may call me Aregon.

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostReEvolve, on September 08 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Sorry but that's not how it works. 6000 people could report my posts and request my suspension but nothing would happen because the devs don't act unless someone actually breaks the rules and even in that case people don't get suspended without warnings.
:mellow:

Okay, that is weird...

#10 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:46 AM

I wish people would stop posting the doomsday threads, but considering what others have already said, I severely doubt that this would work.

Posted Image

Nice cursor BTW :3
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#11 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 01:01 AM

its not going to do harm anyhow if they wanna talk let em, the devs got to deal with this as a result of open beta and any new players will likely play and not fuzzy bunny around the forum anyhow, if they judge based on a few forum scoundrels we lose an ignoranus
i don't mean any of it

#12 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 20 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on September 20 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

its not going to do harm anyhow if they wanna talk let em, the devs got to deal with this as a result of open beta and any new players will likely play and not fuzzy bunny around the forum anyhow, if they judge based on a few forum scoundrels we lose an ignoranus

The lack of more "ignoranus" is why Hawken has gone silent to rethink their strategy.

They are trying to figure out how to attract more "ignoranus" and retain them so they want to spend some money.  

#13 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 06:56 AM

true, i still think it just needs to prime population to a critical level to become self sustaining once skill levels get sepperated, but handicaps seems to be viable too,
i don't mean any of it

#14 Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dimmamar

Posted September 20 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 08 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

*snip* don't panic *snip*

Posted Image
I am the Hammer, I am the point of His spear, I am the mail about His fist.
I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous.
I am the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users