HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

ECM Mech_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: ECM Mech_ (4 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think_

1. Good idea. (2 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Bad idea (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Don't care (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Behemoth66

Behemoth66

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 06:48 AM

Right now, with one exception, every mech in the game is focused on combat, despite having two in the support category. The two support mechs are the Incinerator, which is really focused on DPS, and the Tech, which actually heals people. How about a mech intended to mess with enemy radar, hud, and enhance that of their teammates. You may say that the radar scrambler is already filling that role, however there are two flaws in that argument. One, I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell which of the dots is fake and which is real. The fake ones do not behave like real pilots, and can be picked out rather quickly. Two, I'm not suggesting a mobile radar scrambler. What I'd like to see is a mech that relies on teammates to kill enemies while it disables their electronics and doing minimal damage themselves.
A similar idea has been suggested here that you can take a look at.

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 08 2014 - 06:54 AM

I don't like that idea.

Too specialized. The Tech and Incin are worthwhile selections, because they're multirole. They can provide support, but they can also provide heavy firepower.

This mech seems to provide a gimmicky sort of support, and nothing else. Even it were implemented to not be gimmicky, it would still require a level of coordination that's not often seen in pubs.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:34 AM

How would the ecm axe prevent itself from being murdered before your teammates finish the enemies_
It seems like it would be an annoyance, get picked on, and then the team would be down a player constantly.

I see an assault with a few ISMs and EMPs being able to do this "role" better, and still being a strong fighter.

#4 OliverTwisted

OliverTwisted

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:42 AM

Decent idea. It works well in MechWarrior Online, but that game has a lot of missile locks which seems to be ECM's main purpose there as it defeats the lock. What I have noticed, and is to me the biggest problem with how people play is all the constant boosting and jumping. I really don't understand this. The largest improvement ive made to my game was when I stopped this behavior. The problem is no one(overdramatic generalization) else as figured this out. I usually seem to start each match alone because everyone else just picks a direction and boosts off saying look at me other team here I am please end my insignificant life so I can respawn and die again. Why do they do this and where are they  going. Walking works just fine and is very stealthy. Obviously in an engagement boost and dodge and fly your a s s  off. Need to escape boost away good bit then start walking and your stealthy again. I've only been playing a couple weeks and to me this is the biggest problem with teamwork. I tend to look at my radar every couple seconds where I can track all the boostaholics without problems, then slowly a methodically walk around behind them for some surprise burst action. Then since im already visible on radar I boost back to thhe rest of my team. Is this not common knowledge_ How do I get my team to stop randomly shooting, boosting, and jumping, and generally giving away the teams position on radar. Quite frustrating in team death match, which is what I play 99% of the time.

#5 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 10:37 AM

Have you tried using your own team as bait_

Using radar is very important in and out of combat, but like most skills, people learn at different rates, so unless you want to teach everyone you come across, only thing I can think of is find the ones who already know what to do and friend them.

#6 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted September 08 2014 - 04:00 PM

I see something like a Raider that is a walking EMP device, a machine that charges the enemy line, detonates an EMP, wipes the floor with fire and steel and just sits as it's team mops up the rest.

Or this....

This is just me being, well, me...

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#7 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 14 2014 - 11:27 AM

I kinda like the idea of a saboteur mech, but for the kind of game that Hawken is it's seems like it might be a little out of place. It works well with a game like MWO, as that's meant to be a battle simulator and it makes sense with the genre. But for an arena shooter that Hawken is, a class that has minimal combat capability may not fit in that well. Hell, even the medic from TF2 (another arena shooter) has fairly good combat capability on top of his support role. Not saying I don't like the idea, but I don't know how it could be well implemented. That's just my 3 cents, because 1 ain't enough and 2 is too low. (If you get the reference, you are awesome)

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, September 14 2014 - 11:29 AM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users