HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

It's doing that thing where it wont let me join servers.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 08:10 AM

Greeeeeaaaaaaat...
Posted Image
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:05 AM

Did you already try resetting your config files as described in step 3 of this thread: http://steamcommunit...52451325040024/ _

#3 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted September 10 2014 - 09:20 PM

Did that. Didn't change a thing.

I find it funny that I'm only blocked from joining specific servers. Other servers I can join just fine. Like, I can't join the West DM server, but I can join the MA and Siege servers, but then the TDM servers are hit or miss.

Someone must've spilled their coffee on the servers.

Also, for the servers it wont let me join, if I refresh the server browser after the connection window times out, the server says there is now 1 player in it (me) until I get the "Your connection to the host has been lost" message, and then the number goes back to 0.

Edited by HubbaBubba9849, September 10 2014 - 09:24 PM.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#4 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 12 2014 - 02:20 AM

View PostHubbaBubba9849, on September 10 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

lol, I guess you'd be more surprised if it did anything at all, besides make you reset all of your settings.  I mean what are some people thinking that somehow the game modifies your ini files incorrectly and thats what causes all the problems.  

For a standard player that doesn't go in and modify their ini's by hand, there should be no valid reason to reset them, they shouldn't be messed up, and if they did, how'd they get that way_  Perhaps one should change their default response to "Do you edit your ini's manually_ and if so then reset them just in case."  Shrug.

About your problem its most likely tied into your account.  Do you have a second account to test with_  I guess you could open a ticket and PM Defter and ask him if its possible that he could take a look into it.  Other than that I don't have any solid advice.

Edited by SS396, September 12 2014 - 02:23 AM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#5 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 12 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostHubbaBubba9849, on September 10 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Hm, what a shame, some other players had similar connection issues and reported that resetting their config files fixed it. I think SS396's idea of testing wether this is an account related issue or not is pretty good. You can also check if there is a Hawken-related error record in the Windows event viewer. If so please post the excact wording of the error title and error description in this thread. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users