HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

So Ya Wanna Be Pred Do Ya_

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 08 2014 - 06:42 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on September 08 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

The number of people who don't know how to pred in this thread is too damn high.

I upvoted a meme which I find especially stupid. Someone kill me.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#22 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:01 PM

How do you pred pilots deal with situations when you get swarmed_ The breacher doesnt fire fast enough to do much for you.
I personally find the pred too slow to handle itself in CQC.
Does this mean that A-classes have spoiled me_ Or does this mean that the pred is not strong with me_ Or does it mean that I'm fat_

Raincloud you stomped me earlier today with the breacher. Teach me pl0x.
Serious.

Edited by Alpha86, September 08 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#23 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:51 PM

How do you win with any axe when you get swarmed_
HAWKEN is a team oriented game, if you are fighting 3v1 or 4v1 or even 2v1 you are doing it wrong.

The whole point of the pred is you use the unconventional weapons along with outplaying the other players to murder people.  You need to be better to win.  You need to know what they will do before they do it, you need to trick them into falling into your hands.  Well, your mine launchers.  Same difference.  If you are charging into three people, or chasing someone to their team, you are doing it wrong.

#24 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 11:25 PM

I'm talking more about those times when you know an opponent is weak and you see them fleeing.
You're sure that your kill will be out of sight but somehow someone spots you and soon enough you have 3 enemies on you.

I personally feel that with the predator, this situation only ends in a death.

At least with the infiltrator or raider, I've been able to escape situations like this while still getting the kill.

#25 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 03:17 AM

View Postspo0n, on September 08 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

If you are charging into three people, or chasing someone to their team, you are doing it wrong.

I think some people might take that as a challenge.

#26 Merplex

Merplex

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 05:52 AM

If you are charging into three people, or chasing someone to their team, you are doing it wrong.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
Posted Image

#27 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostAlpha86, on September 08 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

I'm talking more about those times when you know an opponent is weak and you see them fleeing.
You're sure that your kill will be out of sight but somehow someone spots you and soon enough you have 3 enemies on you.

I personally feel that with the predator, this situation only ends in a death.

At least with the infiltrator or raider, I've been able to escape situations like this while still getting the kill.

Infil and Raider are both very fast mechs. The Pred doesn't have that advantage.

It's usually best to wait until you're very close to your prey before you open fire, to disorient them and to make it harder for them to escape. If you have to chase them down, you also have to be very careful. I usually cloak, then follow by walking. That often works for me, as most players will want to drop into rep as soon as they're behind cover and can no longer see me on their radar.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#28 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 09 2014 - 07:03 AM

Been there, done that.
It's so much fun jumping into the whole enemy team in siege and watching the chaos caused by the MVP on their team going out in one burst.

#29 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 09 2014 - 07:06 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 09 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

If you have to chase them down, you also have to be very careful. I usually cloak, then follow by walking. That often works for me, as most players will want to drop into rep as soon as they're behind cover and can no longer see me on their radar.
This might be the best way but following an a mech this way is basically impossible since they leave really fast and other times you might not have the luxury of being able to cloak.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, September 09 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#30 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted September 09 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on July 03 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

The Tenets of le Predator Master Race

1- Stalk your prey

2- Sacrifice your victims to the PREDMASTERRACE

3- If two Predators come in contact, they must initiate the bowing/emote ritual

4- Kill or be killed.

Posted Image

Edited by Miscellaneous, September 09 2014 - 07:13 AM.

Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#31 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 07:22 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on September 09 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 09 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

If you have to chase them down, you also have to be very careful. I usually cloak, then follow by walking. That often works for me, as most players will want to drop into rep as soon as they're behind cover and can no longer see me on their radar.
This might be the best way but following an a mech this way is basically impossible since they leave really fast and other times you might not have the luxury of being able to cloak.

That way often works for me. Make sure to consider disabling your cloak right before your alpha, so it can cooldown.

If my target boosts behind his buddies, there's no way I'm going to chase him. However, if he's just trying to escape to wherever he can, I follow.

#32 LilBlackRaincloud

LilBlackRaincloud

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 01:01 PM

Sometimes a team is too close knit for you to finish off your prey. Happens when your team is always hanging back and the other is bunched into a tight ball. They send out a guy, you hurt him, he runs back. Sometimes you HAVE to go in there as a full frontal assault pred and use your breacher to punch through your preys teammates and finish the kill. =(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users