HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN Videos on Youtube

Video Introduction Community

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Coolgastj

Coolgastj

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 08:55 AM

Hello guys,

What's up_ I know there's already many many people out there having HAWKEN-related videos on Youtube, but I just wanted to let you know my Channel is covering this game right now! I would gladly like to keep this game alive as long as possible and of course be a helpful addition to the HAWKEN community. I'll be most likely going to move on to other games on a later date, but for now, I'm just doing HAWKEN. Already online are an introduction of the game, a video covering the In-Game Piloting Tutorial and a Team Deathmatch on the Prosk map, however there's more to come for sure.
Some more information about myself: I'm a Level 30 Pilot with over 100 hours of in-game time, so you can expect me to know what I'm talking about most of the time. The Channel however, is just a couple of weeks old so you don't have to worry about this being a worthless advertisement kind of thing or anything like that, as I haven't even opened it up for monetization (meaning adless videos!). So for the most part I'd just like to become part of the community more or less (although I think this is alright under the Topic of Media right_)

If you are interested, you can find my Channel in the link below. Would you happen to have any questions about the game or just have ideas for future videos related to HAWKEN, than you can always send me a PM or comment on one of my videos!
Any support is really appreciated, but keep in mind that this is for YOUR entertainment only, and you are definately not forced to do anything!

Have a nice day to all, and maby I'll see you on the Channel some time in the future!
Cya!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Coolgastj

#2 Zuurkern

Zuurkern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBeergium

Posted September 17 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'll keep an eye on this. I love checking Hawken videos when I'm at home on my laptop and can't play the actual game.

Cool mech names btw! Especially Foxy Box.

EDIT: Checking some vids, I like the voice-over approach!

Edited by Zuurkern, September 17 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 17 2014 - 09:23 AM

Alright brother, I'll make you an intro for your channel.

Posted Image

#4 Coolgastj

Coolgastj

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostZuurkern, on September 17 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

I'll keep an eye on this. I love checking Hawken videos when I'm at home on my laptop and can't play the actual game.

Cool mech names btw! Especially Foxy Box.

EDIT: Checking some vids, I like the voice-over approach!

Thanks! Any other nicknames_ I wouldn't mind using them at all!
Also, I chose for the voice-over cause I felt like I could give it a more personal twist with more quality content than if I had done live commentary, on the spot. And I know it doesn't appeal to everyone the same way, but I'm glad you like it!

Edited by Coolgastj, September 17 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#5 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 17 2014 - 09:50 AM

I will jump on USE servers, join your game with my 129ms ping, just to appear in your videos and trying to be fame lol :D

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#6 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted September 17 2014 - 09:51 AM

Looks good, you are pretty engaging and aware. The voice over is good, keeps people's attention. I know that mine lags on gameplay videos without it because I could be playing Hawken right now, but you kept me in.

Some gameplay tips: the vulcan is incredibly short-ranged. Don't open up at long range with it. On the bridge engagement you overheated without closing. Had you not been burning the vulcan, you could have managed many more hellfires. At that range you would, of course, be giving the Incin time to dodge. But that's the point of hellfires, suppression and map control.

Watch your radar more closely. When the Reaper got away the first time, I'm pretty sure every vet sat up in their chairs and almost screamed WHY DID YOU TURN LEFT because we could see him go right.

In the same line as radar, don't fire for no reason, you show up on radar.

Your mobility is good and will only improve.

Also, a point to everyone else out there, this is a good example of why you should review your gameplay. Coolgast is obviously noticing his own mistakes and maybe we'll see fewer of them in future videos.

#7 Coolgastj

Coolgastj

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostAmidatelion, on September 17 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Looks good, you are pretty engaging and aware. The voice over is good, keeps people's attention. I know that mine lags on gameplay videos without it because I could be playing Hawken right now, but you kept me in.

Some gameplay tips: the vulcan is incredibly short-ranged. Don't open up at long range with it. On the bridge engagement you overheated without closing. Had you not been burning the vulcan, you could have managed many more hellfires. At that range you would, of course, be giving the Incin time to dodge. But that's the point of hellfires, suppression and map control.

Watch your radar more closely. When the Reaper got away the first time, I'm pretty sure every vet sat up in their chairs and almost screamed WHY DID YOU TURN LEFT because we could see him go right.

In the same line as radar, don't fire for no reason, you show up on radar.

Your mobility is good and will only improve.

Also, a point to everyone else out there, this is a good example of why you should review your gameplay. Coolgast is obviously noticing his own mistakes and maybe we'll see fewer of them in future videos.

Thanks for the comments! Of course I'm no pro, and I'll probably never be, then again the point is simply to entertain you guys, and that's why I'm doing the best I can to improve throughout my videos!

#8 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted September 17 2014 - 10:18 AM

once upon a time everyone was a NOOB  (pure)

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#9 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 17 2014 - 12:54 PM

Watched your video.  Your voice over sounds too scripted and mechanical.  Like you are reading straight off the page.  Try an Outline or bullet points of the main highlights and add lib in between.  Might come across smoother_

At any rate, the more you produce these videos the better you will get and SOUND.

So keep up the good work!

#10 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 17 2014 - 05:02 PM

Nice video man. You commentary was engaging and humorous, although it sounded like a sports commentary. It was nice overall. Good job!

I would suggest increasing your FOV to the max since it seems too small right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Introduction, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users