HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Help me choose my mech

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 19 2014 - 10:37 AM

Make sure you come back here and tell us all about your experience with your new purchase.

#22 S7EVIN90

S7EVIN90

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 01:09 AM

I found out that my aim doesn't suck that much: I was playing at 6k DPI. I lowered the DPI to 3600 and now seems like I can play much better than before with my Raider. I almost begin to like it lololol

View PostBurnsHot, on September 19 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Make sure you come back here and tell us all about your experience with your new purchase.

sure I will, I'm waiting to have enough money to buy all the internals.

Anyway, once I bought an internal, I can't take it off, can I_  Also, if I want to replace one that I've already equipped, do I lose the replaced one_ And I can't use them on more than one mech, right_ Is it all_ Maybe we also have to pay an interest rate for them_

Edited by S7EVIN90, September 20 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#23 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 01:17 AM

try g2 raider, when set up right and used right its fun as hell
i don't mean any of it

#24 S7EVIN90

S7EVIN90

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on September 20 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

try g2 raider, when set up right and used right its fun as hell

I don't want to spend that much money for a mech which is not versatile. I need something that allows me to change strategies during the match. Since I already have my raider I'don't deem it as useful at this point

#25 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 04:35 AM

try turning that down to 1530 and polling rate to 1000 see how that does for you (high dpi when not needed creates lag its wasted cpu) poll rate 1k is crucial
i don't mean any of it

#26 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 20 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostS7EVIN90, on September 20 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

I found out that my aim doesn't suck that much: I was playing at 6k DPI. I lowered the DPI to 3600 and now seems like I can play much better than before with my Raider. I almost begin to like it lololol

View PostBurnsHot, on September 19 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

sure I will, I'm waiting to have enough money to buy all the internals.

Anyway, once I bought an internal, I can't take it off, can I_  Also, if I want to replace one that I've already equipped, do I lose the replaced one_ And I can't use them on more than one mech, right_ Is it all_ Maybe we also have to pay an interest rate for them_

If you buy an internal, you can take it off and NOT lose it. It will remain in your inventory for that mech. You must buy internals for each mech, they are not universal. But you can equip any internal you buy for that mech on that mech provided you have the internal slots for it. There is no interest rate.

As for DPI I currently play at 800 DPI and 20 sensitivity. I've been lowering it steadily (sens)

Edited by Silverfire, September 20 2014 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#27 S7EVIN90

S7EVIN90

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 01:28 PM

I think that 800 is a bit too low, I'd have to move the mouse a lot and I do not have a lot of space. Thank you for the answer on the internals.

Ah, I did my first MA with the Pred, and ended 5/8/7. It's difficult, but I like it a lot; maybe it was right decision... time will tell!

And since we're here, is it good Deflectors + air compressor + basic failsafe/Shock coil_

Edited by S7EVIN90, September 20 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#28 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 20 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostS7EVIN90, on September 20 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

I think that 800 is a bit too low, I'd have to move the mouse a lot and I do not have a lot of space. Thank you for the answer on the internals.

Ah, I did my first MA with the Pred, and ended 5/8/7. It's difficult, but I like it a lot; maybe it was right decision... time will tell!

And since we're here, is it good Deflectors + air compressor + basic failsafe/Shock coil_

Air compressor is excellent on Pred.

Failsafe and deflectors aren't bad options, but I believe evasive device/reconstructor are better.

Shock coils are mostly useless, though it can feel nice knowing that you can fall from any height without breaking cloak.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#29 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 10:50 AM

How is your Pred play coming along_

#30 S7EVIN90

S7EVIN90

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 10:55 AM

I hadn't much time to play the game in the last days... Anyway the feedback is positive, I've reached rank 5 and my mmr went up from 1322 to almost 1500 while I picked up my pred ;)

#31 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 10:58 AM

Good lets us know if you need more help at getting better with the mech. If you want us to critic your game play etc.

#32 S7EVIN90

S7EVIN90

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 01:33 PM

As of now, I'm getting beaten up a bit since I've begun to use the EOC R, and I have to adjust my playsyle to it a bit.

Any suggestions_

#33 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 02:57 PM

Cant say much unless i see how you play.  Can you make a video_  

In general I find the EOC R better at engaging more than one enemy.  Regardless of your weapon, you can use hit and run and kite them, until you get a Health Point advantage then you can press back against them.

Edited by BurnsHot, September 29 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#34 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostS7EVIN90, on September 29 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

As of now, I'm getting beaten up a bit since I've begun to use the EOC R, and I have to adjust my playsyle to it a bit.

Any suggestions_

Well I guess it depends on the situation.  The EOC Repeater is good for spamming to cover an area and I have noticed that it also does good volley damage if you can land the shots where the target will be.  Sometimes just sweeping the cursor as you fire/release the trigger will work quite well.

Also it depends on the map and the game mode.  For TDM I love playing the pred in Uptown.  If you can keep the high ground you can rain those pebbles of death down on the opposing team or target someone trying to take cover.  For siege I find it works really well in Wreckage and to some degree in Last Eco, though those mines work well to choke up any where on the AA with constant annoying damage.

Edited by ThatDamnedBoedy, September 29 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#35 S7EVIN90

S7EVIN90

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:28 PM

When I have some time to film it I will post a video so that you can give me a better feedback. Maybe I can do it in the next weekend.

#36 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostS7EVIN90, on September 29 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

When I have some time to film it I will post a video so that you can give me a better feedback. Maybe I can do it in the next weekend.

looking forward to the post!

#37 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted October 17 2014 - 02:32 PM

Where is the video_

#38 S7EVIN90

S7EVIN90

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 03:00 AM

Sorry guys I had a lot going on in the past few weeks, and for a bit I won't play much. Meanwhile, what program can I use to record_

#39 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 03:32 AM

What graphics card do you have_

#40 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 18 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostS7EVIN90, on October 18 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

Sorry guys I had a lot going on in the past few weeks, and for a bit I won't play much. Meanwhile, what program can I use to record_

OBS is free, though it takes a little bit of tweaking to make it good.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users