HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is it possible_

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 26 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Wanted to be very clear...I NEVER AND I MEAN ALMOST NEVER EVER USE STEAM TO START MY GAME. SO STOP POSTING THAT GARBAGE OF STEAM SAYS IT IS NOT CORRECT AT ANY GIVEN TIME SO IT IS USELESS INFORMATION THAT IS VERY MISLEADING TO THE COMMUNITY..GOD OL MIGHTY...ok im done ranting for the week....lol :P

I wanted to be VERY CLEAR MYSELF...:

You ARE NOT THE MAJORITY.

Most players USE STEAM to play Hawken.

The STEAM CHARTS {http://www.steamchar...app/271290#All} IS THE MOST ACCURATE TOOL WE CURRENTLY HAVE AVAILABLE TO KEEP TRACK OF THE ACTIVE PLAYERBASE.

Although it fluctuates; it does indicate a steady downward trend.
Below the chart it shows the average monthly increase or decrease... I see a lot of red...
{If you don't know RED = shrinking player base and GREEN = positive player growth}

We are seeing lots of new players in the games {different names if nothing else} but there are fewer of them sticking around. This is a huge concern.

Lots of throughput mean players are interested in Hawken. Too bad they aren't staying and making Hawken see regular positive growth in daily numbers. There hasn't been an upswing since the main Steam release.

#82 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 28 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on September 27 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

Wanted to be very clear...I NEVER AND I MEAN ALMOST NEVER EVER USE STEAM TO START MY GAME. SO STOP POSTING THAT GARBAGE OF STEAM SAYS IT IS NOT CORRECT AT ANY GIVEN TIME SO IT IS USELESS INFORMATION THAT IS VERY MISLEADING TO THE COMMUNITY..GOD OL MIGHTY...ok im done ranting for the week....lol :P

The STEAM CHARTS {http://www.steamchar...app/271290#All} IS THE MOST ACCURATE TOOL WE CURRENTLY HAVE AVAILABLE TO KEEP TRACK OF THE ACTIVE PLAYERBASE.

Below the chart it shows the average monthly increase or decrease... I see a lot of red...
{If you don't know RED = shrinking player base and GREEN = positive player growth}

We are seeing lots of new players in the games {different names if nothing else} but there are fewer of them sticking around. This is a huge concern.

Lots of throughput mean players are interested in Hawken. Too bad they aren't staying and making Hawken see regular positive growth in daily numbers. There hasn't been an upswing since the main Steam release.
Come ooooon,we all knew that without updates,servers missing etc etc people would gone,But lets see what happen when something got fixed :)
Btw what i told you via message,we need to have some kind of ttraining for the newbies,or at least we can all try when we found one in games,at least thats what i do..

#83 Mogote

Mogote

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted September 28 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostOdinous, on September 28 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

Btw what i told you via message,we need to have some kind of ttraining for the newbies,or at least we can all try when we found one in games,at least thats what i do..

This is a great idea and I bet there would be a number of old timers (myself included) who would be happy to help, but a working voice chat system is critical to its success. In fact, I believe voice chat in general would keep more players around.
Posted Image

#84 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on September 27 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

You are right im not im only one person... But that doesn't change the fact that you Steam chart is false evidence...except that fact because it is... seriously it is false ....the majority of the players on my play list dont use steam... the first thing most new players ask is how to find the .exe file so they wont have to run steam...so....im very sure that your charts based on steam are very inaccurate. That there is fact even if just one person didnt use steam....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#85 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:49 PM

Steam Charts might not be accurate but there are margins of error in any data collecting.  I think he is focusing on the Trend that it shows.  Unfortunately whether we like it or not, I think he has the better argument.  Just don't see the need to make a splash page every day about it.

#86 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 29 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

You are right im not im only one person... But that doesn't change the fact that you Steam chart is false evidence...except that fact because it is... seriously it is false ....the majority of the players on my play list dont use steam... the first thing most new players ask is how to find the .exe file so they wont have to run steam...so....im very sure that your charts based on steam are very inaccurate. That there is fact even if just one person didnt use steam....

Can you please back up "MOST NEW PLAYERS"
I have REAL statistics to back me up. Please show me the source of your information.
Only the dev's might know how many players bypass the steam client to play Hawken.
I doubt you do.

I never claimed the Steam charts were accurate. I claimed they are the most accurate source of trackable information we have.

So back it up... Give me legitimate trackable data. I'll stop about the steam charts if your information is more accurate than mine. No opinions just trackable facts...

#87 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted September 30 2014 - 04:52 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on September 29 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

I have REAL statistics to back me up. Please show me the source of your information.

Can you back up your claim that most players use steam to play the game_ I don't think steam charts can give you that information, so where's YOUR proof_

Just saying, if you're going to shut someone down over not having stats to back them, it helps if you have some yourself. You have stats that show the downward trend in players, but it doesn't really extend beyond that.

(As a disclaimer, I expect more people probably do use steam than not, but given that the only evidence on the subject I've seen is forum posts from players saying they prefer to not have steam running while they play, LONEDEADWOLF has more backing right now.)

#88 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 30 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostDM30, on September 30 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

Can you back up your claim that most players use steam to play the game_ I don't think steam charts can give you that information, so where's YOUR proof_
Can WE get off the whole steam charts thing. They are just a ROUGH ESTIMATION of the number of players steam detects at a SPECIFIC time. We pretty much agree on that and how it functions, so why argue about it whether or not it is reliable or accurate. You don't need to prove that Hawken is losing players or not because everyone ALREADY KNOWS. Its like arguing about the number of marbles in a jar counted by an automated guesser after its agreed that the machine is faulty or doesn't give a completely accurate number.

#89 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:00 PM

I haven't logged on through Steam since after the first steam update.  It's not to be evasive or because my machine can't handle it, I just don't want Steam running all the time and I don't like to sign in twice every time I want to play a game.

#90 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 12:34 AM

Just saying, if you're going to shut someone down over not having stats to back them, it helps if you have some yourself. You have stats that show the downward trend in players, but it doesn't really extend beyond that.

(As a disclaimer, I expect more people probably do use steam than not, but given that the only evidence on the subject I've seen is forum posts from players saying they prefer to not have steam running while they play, LONEDEADWOLF has more backing right now.)
My proof of who use Steam is in the Steam Charts.
The steam charts track steam data. Thus the name, "STEAMCHARTS" http://steamcharts.com/app/271290#All

Are you new or daft_

Click here for the answer:
Spoiler

#91 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted October 01 2014 - 03:04 AM

negative gain is stabilizing currently.. we could see a positive increase soon :ph34r:

#92 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted October 01 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on October 01 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

My proof of who use Steam is in the Steam Charts.
The steam charts track steam data. Thus the name, "STEAMCHARTS" http://steamcharts.com/app/271290#All

Are you new or daft_

Steam charts doesn't show anything about percentage of players who use steam vs not. It doesn't magically know how many people use the exe to launch the game instead of the Steam launcher. They can't track anything if the their client isn't running, which is the entire point of what LONEDEADWOLF was saying and why some people say steam charts aren't accurate.

Like I said, it can show a trend, but nothing else.

#93 Armonite

Armonite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 05:00 AM

Who the fuzzy bunny doesnt use steam nowadays anyway_ Freaking try hard hipsters lol.

#94 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostDM30, on October 01 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

Steam charts doesn't show anything about percentage of players who use steam vs not. It doesn't magically know how many people use the exe to launch the game instead of the Steam launcher. They can't track anything if the their client isn't running, which is the entire point of what LONEDEADWOLF was saying and why some people say steam charts aren't accurate.

Like I said, it can show a trend, but nothing else.

Regardless of accuracy the trend is still going down...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users