HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is it possible_

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted September 25 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostSylhiri, on September 25 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

View PostJeffMagnum, on September 25 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

SUNDAY SUNDAY DEATHMATCH is basically the same thing except on Sundays and not focused on 1v1s.

2v2, Pred vs Alien and Night of the Living Fred would like a word with you.

None of those are as good as go-kart mayhem or all Rev-GL Gren DMs on Uptown. Novelty game mode suggestions are definitely welcome though

#42 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostJeffMagnum, on September 25 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

None of those are as good as go-kart mayhem or all Rev-GL Gren DMs on Uptown. Novelty game mode suggestions are definitely welcome though

Posted Image

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#43 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 11:32 AM

I thought that they might be upgrading to UR4.  But then when I did research it came out in 2012.  Maybe they decided to move to UR4, it has a lot of new capabilities.  Maybe they ran into some issues porting over to UR4 because of the technical debt.  So they had to get a tiger team to come in and help with the port.  Also in the new that Oculus Rift is being supported by UR4.  Kind of lines up with what Hawken was doing/planning.  Have to wait and see, guess we put to bed that Hawken is dying since servers showed back up.

#44 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 25 2014 - 12:26 PM

You know, I hope after all of this we get those destructible environments on every map. I know it probably not going to happen, but still.

#45 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted September 25 2014 - 01:35 PM

Upgrading to Unreal Engine 4.0 isn't entirely an impossible feat.  I know several developers have had minimal issues porting assets from 3.0 and 3.5 to 4.0, and that 4.0 streamlines a lot more in the development pipelines.  So it could be that the long silence is because of an engine change and a graphical upgrade (or revamp) is coming along with it.

Also, the destructible environments aren't 100% impossible, but I would venture to say it's going to favor Nvidia users because their previous APEX Phys-X demos used exclusive Nvidia hardware and tools to produce.  You could still give everyone destructible environments and soft-body physics on terrain, but it's just going to look and perform better on Nvidia-based machines.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#46 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 25 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on September 25 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

You know, I hope after all of this we get those destructible environments on every map. I know it probably not going to happen, but still.

I guess we all would love to have those maps :D Dream or not,will see.

Btw guys i honestly get it,we all obviously love this game,some just are not happy with the decisions/changes being made during those years,others starting to give up on the game if not already..BUT we have our proof that the game is still in development.Much can change or may not.The devs are here,they cant talk due to some reasons,we will find out eventually.West coast server brought back,despite some players dooming this game especially when those servers got down.They are back.Ping for me is like 20-30 higher,but on every change they made for servers i have this ups and downs,means they are working on them..
Why should i hope of a dark Hawken future_I love this game,hell,its the only game i ever loved as it seems so much,i want it....no  no no let me rephrase it,I WISH IT to succeed.Thats it.

#47 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEurope - Spain - Republic of my House.

Posted September 25 2014 - 02:02 PM

destructible environments might be something pretty cool in certain maps only. Those destructible geometry chunks, if well thought and implemented coherently, might be an interesting addition. Thickness of the geometry chunks rendered on radar, common sense and subsequently better action on the battlefield. Promising but not so inherently important i think....

Most of the times the best engine you put in the game the best overall experience you get..... most of the times.

And... as one savior told me one time... there is no music without silence

Cool ^_^

#48 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 02:31 PM

If this was the reason, I would not accept it. This is no reason to be silent and no reason to have abandoned the community, it is also no reason to have let the Aus servers disappear or any others. This also would not fall in line with "technical debt", thats like saying Pacman has "technical debt" because they didn't build it on UE4, this is not what it means.

I think you're getting your hopes up to be let down.

Edited by Zycon, September 25 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#49 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 25 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostZycon, on September 25 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

If this was the reason, I would not accept it. This is no reason to be silent and no reason to have abandoned the community, it is also no reason to have let the Aus servers disappear or any others. This also would not fall in line with "technical debt", thats like saying Pacman has "technical debt" because they didn't build it on UE4, this is not what it means.

I think you're getting your hopes up to be let down.
Ofc its just our hopes,thats what we doing here anyway,gathering thoughts and info just to dig up a hint about hawken further development.But the "technical debt" you mentioned,is all about rewrite codes for whatever reason when u think it doesnt stands up for your future development or have other issues.

#50 Sam123456

Sam123456

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 03:13 PM

This seems pretty plausible to me.

#51 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted September 25 2014 - 03:38 PM

they already killed those hopes like over a year ago, hughes stated in a QnA that only new maps would be made to utilize destructible environments and existing maps wouldn't see such functionality. I doubt we'll ever even see any destructible maps whatsoever, even just that Highways map would be sick
Posted Image

#52 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 04:14 PM

Didn't knew that video above.

After playing tonight especially on Last Eco I thought this game is already very beautiful. The dust and dirt is missing but this is an artistic decision. No new engine will bring that back. There is no need for updating graphics. Don't forget the disadvantages of such a move that are heavier system requirements which will drive off a lot of players and the development time put into this then putting it into changing values of the inc and raider ;-P

#53 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 25 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on September 25 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

they already killed those hopes like over a year ago, hughes stated in a QnA that only new maps would be made to utilize destructible environments and existing maps wouldn't see such functionality. I doubt we'll ever even see any destructible maps whatsoever, even just that Highways map would be sick

You know that, I know that, heck most of the old people here (players who have been here a long time) know that..... That still doesn't stop us from hoping though.

#54 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 25 2014 - 05:08 PM

The idea of using the destructible environment was to be apart of a new game mode, not something put into the current maps.

Also, I shall jump onto the "I hope this is really the case, though I still don't understand why it would require silence but what ever."

Also Hughes did state they were getting outside help to help them with their back end issues. Cover up for change over to UE4_ Lets hope so!

#55 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted September 25 2014 - 05:09 PM

Destructible environments would be loads of fun now that Incin is in the game. One player could level an entire map by themselves and turn it into an even worse version of Bunker.

#56 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted September 25 2014 - 05:35 PM

If what you say is true ill be spending some good old hard cash on this game...and build me the new system i wanted. Looks like this game could be worth getting the new NVidia 980......GOD let it be true ...so so so so so so True....................................Failure is not an option Devs. You hear me Devs!

I vote we sacrifice Jeff Magnum to the matrix Gods just to play it safe......lol :P

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, September 25 2014 - 05:39 PM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#57 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 25 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

If what you say is true ill be spending some good old hard cash on this game...and build me the new system i wanted. Looks like this game could be worth getting the new NVidia 980......GOD let it be true ...so so so so so so True....................................Failure is not an option Devs. You hear me Devs!

I vote we sacrifice Jeff Magnum to the matrix Gods just to play it safe......lol :P

More like the 970, 980 going to be out of a lot of people's budget.  Even playing $330 for a video card is a little much.

#58 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 25 2014 - 08:28 PM

View PostOdinous, on September 25 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Ok,so I was scrolling down the pages in facebook till this interesting article fell down to my hands

http://www.kitguru.n...ed-an-update-2/

Does the situation looks familiar_ So what do u think_

(I don't know where I should have posted it)

Posted Image

Well... Finally a ray of sunshine... Unreal 4 you say_
That could be worth the wait.

But why would it have to be kept a secret if "every game is doing it"_

#59 Arevizz

Arevizz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationYou may call me Aregon.

Posted September 25 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostOdinous, on September 25 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Arevizz,which 190 u are saying_atm they are 500 players online,and every day we have great games.
When was 500 players a healthy player base_ As I have said earlier, multiple times to you, the fact that such a small number has been recorded is not good, and the number is always shrinking.

Even thought you and some others have fun with the game does not mean it is all perfectly fine.

#60 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted September 25 2014 - 10:06 PM

Doubtful, as they would probably point out some form of hint towards building upon a new system. We only got information that pertains to technical debt and the backend — nothing more.

It's pretty evident at this point that something has happened at the studio, and internal information is being intentionally withheld.

Also, I'm curious: for those of you who have sent support tickets for the past month or so, did you get a reply_

Edited by Draigun, September 25 2014 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users