HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Our Future Secured_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 OldClockworkFox

OldClockworkFox

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 12:10 PM

Dear Pilots,

We had a brief while there where things were especially uncertain. I for one am very pleased the forums are back. I just wanted to open a thread of general appreciation. A place for sharing and to bring together our collective hope for a bright future of dystopia and mechanised devastation.

Best regards,

OldClockworkFox

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted October 09 2014 - 12:29 PM

Yes, having the forums back was a great morale boost for everyone. I really hope HAWKEN stands back on it's feet, and comes out like the undertaker!!!!

Posted Image

#3 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted October 09 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on October 09 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yes, having the forums back was a great morale boost for everyone.

False.

#4 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on October 09 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yes, having the forums back was a great morale boost for everyone. I really hope HAWKEN stands back on it's feet, and comes out like the undertaker!!!!
Without the appropriate context, this is a very strange comment. ;)

#5 OldClockworkFox

OldClockworkFox

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:03 PM

I think also it is a shame there is such negativity. Afterall, those who love the game want to discuss it but I see so much negativity on the forums and Twitter. If we believe in Hawken then it raises its profile, if people want to be negative, then why haven't they left yet_

#6 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostOldClockworkFox, on October 09 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

I think also it is a shame there is such negativity. Afterall, those who love the game want to discuss it but I see so much negativity on the forums and Twitter. If we believe in Hawken then it raises its profile, if people want to be negative, then why haven't they left yet_

Because online communities are often full of whining tools who have nothing better to do than put down things they don't like or aren't serving their immediate interests. It's consumer culture gone off the deep end - this thing isn't giving me what I want and I am a customer, therefore anything I say about it being wrong or bad must be true and it is my capitalist-god-given right and duty to declare it all over the internet.

For further information, please see
/v/
/vg/
/r/Hawken
Steam Forums

Edited by Amidatelion, October 09 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#7 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:29 PM

Well you've pretty much spelled it out. We've been in a quazi beta stage early access for a long time and for the most part a lot of us have been patient but even the most loyal grow frustrated. If we had something to look forward to I assure you that we would have a different outlook. Many of your forumers have been playing for 2 years so you cannot question their love for the game or their dedication but the devs silence will take a toll many old hats have left, many are waiting to come back. Dark days my friend.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#8 OldClockworkFox

OldClockworkFox

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on October 09 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Well you've pretty much spelled it out. We've been in a quazi beta stage early access for a long time and for the most part a lot of us have been patient but even the most loyal grow frustrated. If we had something to look forward to I assure you that we would have a different outlook. Many of your forumers have been playing for 2 years so you cannot question their love for the game or their dedication but the devs silence will take a toll many old hats have left, many are waiting to come back. Dark days my friend.

I can fully appreciate that. I can also say that I'm fairly new to Hawken. I guess I feel like I've found something I'm excited about, something I can see the potential in and before I even get going it looks like a downward trend and the community is losing faith. Its a shame.

But as I say... I can fully appreciate your point.

#9 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEurope - Spain - Republic of my House.

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:43 PM

very glad to see the forums back..... iwas like feeling some kind of weird void... you know. !! Cheers :D

#10 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostOldClockworkFox, on October 09 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

I can fully appreciate that. I can also say that I'm fairly new to Hawken. I guess I feel like I've found something I'm excited about, something I can see the potential in and before I even get going it looks like a downward trend and the community is losing faith. Its a shame.

It's like looking at a unfinished painting. If you've just only seen it you go "wow, this is cool" while the people who've been looking at it for two years have noticed all the imperfections are waiting for the artist to finish the damn painting, lol. You see it all the time in many online game forums.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#11 OldClockworkFox

OldClockworkFox

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostSylhiri, on October 09 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

View PostOldClockworkFox, on October 09 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

It's like looking at a unfinished painting. If you've just only seen it you go "wow, this is cool" while the people who've been looking at it for two years have noticed all the imperfections are waiting for the artist to finish the damn painting, lol. You see it all the time in many online game forums.

I think you pretty much nailed it there. And on that basis, I hope my honest and fresh enthusiasm can rekindle some previously lost love!

#12 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 02:02 PM

It's a picture of a Brawler humping a Technician humping an Incinerator by the way. In Bunker. Also the sun is Hughes' head with a bad glow effect hovering over a mountain made of Sharpshooters and Rocketeers.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#13 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 09 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostSylhiri, on October 09 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

It's a picture of a Brawler humping a Technician humping an Incinerator by the way. In Bunker. Also the sun is Hughes' head with a bad glow effect hovering over a mountain made of Sharpshooters and Rocketeers.

You forgot the photoshop blur effect on the heat scout, and the cloaked infiltrator and predator laying mines everywhere.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#14 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted October 09 2014 - 03:17 PM

I think we're back in the clear after that shaky few days.  I applaud the person who actually got these forums back up (and possibly had to break some fingers at IPS web services).

Posted Image

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#15 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 09 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'm leaning on the fact that it was just a DNS resolving issue, like someone moved a bank of servers to a new IP and forgot to forward the DNS, and somehow they realized their mistake.  Cause even when I saw the forums were up from the steam forums, I had to flush my DNS cache and fuzzy bunny with chrome for about 5 times, then all the sudden it magically worked.

#16 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 06:12 AM

Yaoi raised my moral back up.... if you know what I mean.

But regardless all we can do at the end of the day is wait and see.
But love to the people that got the forums back up!Here is a cute pic :3
Posted Image
May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#17 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted October 10 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostSS396, on October 09 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

I'm leaning on the fact that it was just a DNS resolving issue, like someone moved a bank of servers to a new IP and forgot to forward the DNS, and somehow they realized their mistake.  Cause even when I saw the forums were up from the steam forums, I had to flush my DNS cache and fuzzy bunny with chrome for about 5 times, then all the sudden it magically worked.

There was no DNS change before, during, or after the forums outage. So your DNS cache issues are unrelated.

Before: http://pastebin.com/51YnQMjd
During: http://pastebin.com/46qRQkpS
After: https://gist.github....ed57e7414f1668a

(Thanks to shosca for the two pastebins)
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#18 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 10 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostAshfire908, on October 10 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

There was no DNS change before, during, or after the forums outage. So your DNS cache issues are unrelated.

I find it amusing that you disregarded your own strict rules of ignoring all of my content just so you could speak up and prove my hypothesis wrong.  :lol:

Also, quit stalking my profile please, theres nothing you need to see there, remember_

#19 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 10 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostSS396, on October 10 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

I find it amusing that you disregarded your own strict rules of ignoring all of my content just so you could speak up and prove my hypothesis wrong.  :lol:

Also, quit stalking my profile please, theres nothing you need to see there, remember_

He said it to clear up any ambiguity or false rumors regarding the forum downage, something that affected all of us and something of a hot topic too. He didn't say it to intentionally make you look like a fool.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#20 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted October 10 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostSilverfire, on October 10 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostSS396, on October 10 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

He said it to clear up any ambiguity or false rumors regarding the forum downage, something that affected all of us and something of a hot topic too. He didn't say it to intentionally make you look like a fool.

This. Word that it was a DNS issue was starting to spread around so I wanted to stop that before everyone jumped on yet another ill-informed bandwagon.

Also I'm not stalking your stupid profile, I was trying to find the post in this thread from another post of yours in another thread. Thanks for reminding me why I should avoid someone so damn vindictive though.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users