HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Our Future Secured_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#21 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 10 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostSilverfire, on October 10 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

He said it to clear up any ambiguity or false rumors regarding the forum downage, something that affected all of us and something of a hot topic too. He didn't say it to intentionally make you look like a fool.

No, I know why he said it, and I never said he was trying to make anyone look like a fool.

View PostAshfire908, on October 10 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

This. Word that it was a DNS issue was starting to spread around so I wanted to stop that before everyone jumped on yet another ill-informed bandwagon.

No, your post was addressed at ME dude, not the rest of the community.  Simply look at the words you used.

View PostAshfire908, on October 10 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

There was no DNS change before, during, or after the forums outage. So your DNS cache issues are unrelated.

If you would actually of read my post at #15 and in my other post elsewhere, I simply formed an informed guess at the situation based off of my results from my actions in resolving it and previous knowledge of similar situations where websites can go down.  It by no means was a blanket statement made to explain the exact reason for whatever happened.

At least I've tried to explain what could of happened, rather than just be butthurt and attack others ideas and try to halt internet bandwagoning in its tracks.  Good luck with that Mr DNS Wizard.

Also I'm not stalking your stupid profile, I was trying to find the post in this thread from another post of yours in another thread. Thanks for reminding me why I should avoid someone so damn vindictive though.

Yeah, advanced searching by username and sorting by date is hard.

Funny, another amusing pondering from someone calling someone vindictive and yet they are so vindictive themselves that they've banned you from all things related to Hawken on IRC.

Posted Image
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#22 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 11 2014 - 03:09 AM

Stop trying to argue a pointless argument. There was an error in belief, a factual, objective truth, and it was pointed out. I don't see any reason to take this personally. You saw the evidence and you can't just conclude that you were apparently mistaken and move on with life_ You can't just let it go_

Ashfire908 had heard that a DNS issue rumor was floating around, meaning that he had heard the same rumor in other places so he decided to quash that rumor when it arose again. You said you had DNS issues and thought it was related. Ashfire908 provided unbiased, completely objective evidence to show that the forums did not have a DNS issue. The logical conclusion, then, would be that your own DNS problem was unrelated to the forums. I see no vindictiveness, no malice, no verbal assault in that statement.

"At least I've tried to explain what could of happened, rather than just be butthurt and attack others ideas and try to halt internet bandwagoning in its tracks.  Good luck with that Mr DNS Wizard."

Congratulations, you did make an educated guess, but you were incorrect. Do you have a problem with being incorrect_ And Ash by no means was butthurt in any way. I don't see how this statement is relevant. I find it pointless, irrelevant, confrontational, and aggressive, oh, and illogical. Nice red herring, but that's what I'd call a fallacy.

Judging by the tone of the words being bandied around, I can only guess why Ashfire has banned you from IRC. It wasn't arbitrary, and there must have been a reason why.

You think you know what Ash intended, but long story short, you don't, but you believe you do. You're not infallible, and you aren't 100% correct all the time. Learn that this isn't "world vs. SS396" because it's not. It's a silly, self-absorbed claim that bears no basis besides you stubbornly believing that you are right and when proven wrong, can only moan and groan about how the world hates you and goes after you for no apparent reason other than being vindictive. People do things for reasons.

I can only assume that I'm much younger than you, and I find it wholly astounding that there could be someone so much immature than I am at my tender age. Grow up.

Edited by Silverfire, October 11 2014 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#23 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted October 11 2014 - 03:19 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 11 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostSilverfire, on October 11 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Stop trying to argue a pointless argument. There was an error in belief, a factual, objective truth, and it was pointed out. I don't see any reason to take this personally. You saw the evidence and you can't just conclude that you were apparently mistaken and move on with life_ You can't just let it go_

How'd you get appointed to speak for him you some kinda lawyer_  How about you quit fighting a battle that isn't yours to fight, this is between Ashitler and myself.  He made it personal, and I'm returning the favor.  You seem to know so much about what his intentions were, but don't know any of our history.

Ashfire908 had heard that a DNS issue rumor was floating around, meaning that he had heard the same rumor in other places so he decided to quash that rumor when it arose again.

Cause he's some kind of authority in rumors and he's able to determine when rumors need to be stopped, because they are harmful to what really happened, yeah, whatever.  Theres lots of rumors going around.  How about he find some other rumor to quash, cause apparently he's the self appointed captain of the rumor police.

You said you had DNS issues and thought it was related. Ashfire908 provided unbiased, completely objective evidence to show that the forums did not have a DNS issue.

No, wrong, incorrect, had you actually READ and UNDERSTOOD my post you would conclude, that I didn't have a DNS cache problem, because when I flushed the DNS cache, it STILL DIDN'T WORK.  Comprehend that yet_  Read it again slower please.

Here let me save you some time and show you what I fuzzy bunny said.

View PostSS396, on October 09 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

I'm leaning on the fact that it was just a DNS resolving issue, like someone moved a bank of servers to a new IP and forgot to forward the DNS, and somehow they realized their mistake.  Cause even when I saw the forums were up from the steam forums, I had to flush my DNS cache and fuzzy bunny with chrome for about 5 times, then all the sudden it magically worked.

I simply followed others instructions on "flushing cache and other things" to try to get it to work, LIKE I SAID.  Please don't tell me what I did, when you have no clue and haven't comprehended my original post.

View PostSS396, on October 09 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

The logical conclusion, then, would be that your own DNS problem was unrelated to the forums. I see no vindictiveness, no malice, no verbal assault in that statement.

There was no DNS problem remember_  The great wizard of the internet said so.

"At least I've tried to explain what could of happened, rather than just be butthurt and attack others ideas and try to halt internet bandwagoning in its tracks.  Good luck with that Mr DNS Wizard."

Congratulations, you did make an educated guess, but you were incorrect. Do you have a problem with being incorrect_ And Ash by no means was butthurt in any way. I don't see how this statement is relevant. I find it pointless, irrelevant, confrontational, and aggressive, oh, and illogical. Nice red herring, but that's what I'd call a fallacy.

No, I have a problem with who decided to ignore his own advice and decided he needed to explain it to me that I was incorrect in my assessment.  See, you think this is about me being incorrect, and its not, far from it.  Its simply about him.

You sure seem to speak for you buddy a bunch, whats the problem he can't defend himself when he picks a fight_  He knew what he was getting into when he decided to flash his fuzzy bunny internet authority badge at me.

Judging by the tone of the words being bandied around, I can only guess why Ashfire has banned you from IRC. It wasn't arbitrary, and there must have been a reason why.

Yeah, its the same reason why I'll do everything I can to piss him off, like arguing this to no end, and for no reason, cause really I don't give a flying fuzzy bunny about him.  This is the only place I have to battle him as myself, since he flashed his authority badge and thinks he prevented me from entering the irc channels, yeah, its easy to get a new quakenet account.

You think you know what Ash intended, but long story short, you don't, but you believe you do. You're not infallible, and you aren't 100% correct all the time. Learn that this isn't "world vs. SS396" because it's not. It's a silly, self-absorbed claim that bears no basis besides you stubbornly believing that you are right and when proven wrong, can only moan and groan about how the world hates you and goes after you for no apparent reason other than being vindictive. People do things for reasons.

Yeah, he had his reasons for deciding that one random person in a random post needed to be quashed, when his buddies that have posted with similar posts WHICH I FOLLOWED to flush my cache in the first place, get no quashing from him.  Theres a reason all right and he knows it, he even said so in his last response.

I can only assume that I'm much younger than you, and I find it wholly astounding that there could be someone so much immature than I am at my tender age. Grow up.

Congrats dude, when two people have a sour history because of their past, bad things are gunna happen when one of them confronts the other one, he has to live with his poor decisions, and I'll live to mine, either way its nobodys problem but mine and his.  Apparently he can't seem to ignore his own sound advice, which further proves he had malicious intent to begin with.  He knew right where this was gunna end up, the same place all previous conversations with him have ended up.  Like really, did he think anything was gunna be different this time around, if he did, thats the definition of insane.

#25 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostSS396, on October 11 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

-Berling Wall of text goes here-

Please stop arguing.
This constant negativity isn't good for the forums, and it will only contribute to the Hawken community's demise, and we're six feet under as it is.
You strike me as the person who is easily provoked, and - as stated by the others - rather vindictive.

Just please stop being so aggressive.

Edited by SparkyJJC, October 11 2014 - 05:32 AM.

Posted Image

#26 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 11 2014 - 11:49 AM

If you're so unwilling to change and become more positive, less aggressive, and ultimately more logical, then so be it. Continue to live your illogical fantasies and ignore the FACT that people can change. Please realize that if you're at fault, correct it and move on. Forgive and forget. I'm more than capable of doing so and I'd be more than happy to do so if presented the option. I'm not sure if you're capable of such a perfectly human act considering your aggressive attitude.

Edited by Silverfire, October 11 2014 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#27 OldClockworkFox

OldClockworkFox

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 12:06 PM

Well... from a topic started to promote positivity... we are left with arguments. Without positivity and maturity it isn't just Hawken that will fail. It's society. So shall we stay on topic_ Let'a focus on the good. Share ideas. Great stories. Ask why I can't get a Hawken mech figure for my desk at work...

#28 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted October 11 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostOldClockworkFox, on October 11 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Well... from a topic started to promote positivity... we are left with arguments. Without positivity and maturity it isn't just Hawken that will fail. It's society. So shall we stay on topic_ Let'a focus on the good. Share ideas. Great stories. Ask why I can't get a Hawken mech figure for my desk at work...

yeah, i'd love some pewter miniature scouts to paint up like my garage.  

Guess i'd need to buy techs too, so I can give them all tech legs...

#29 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 12:39 PM

Chevrolets are bad.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#30 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 11 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostSparkyJJC, on October 11 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

Please stop arguing.
This constant negativity isn't good for the forums, and it will only contribute to the Hawken community's demise, and we're six feet under as it is.
You strike me as the person who is easily provoked, and - as stated by the others - rather vindictive.

Just please stop being so aggressive.

Now wait a minute, don't contradict yourself, you posted just 1 post ago you wanted to see some entertainment, and now you all the sudden want it to stop.  Make up your mind, but the negativity you are talking about polluting the forums, yeah, those popcorn memes, they aren't in any way making things worse around here by provoking people like me.  Great job on just being confused in general and contributing to easily provoking me.  lol

View PostSilverfire, on October 11 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

If you're so unwilling to change and become more positive, less aggressive, and ultimately more logical, then so be it. Continue to live your illogical fantasies and ignore the FACT that people can change. Please realize that if you're at fault, correct it and move on. Forgive and forget. I'm more than capable of doing so and I'd be more than happy to do so if presented the option. I'm not sure if you're capable of such a perfectly human act considering your aggressive attitude.

Yeah, tell that to your client dude, he's still buthurt from our very first encounter years ago when I took some of his work and continued it on my own.  He never actually told me not leak it and only told someone else to tell me, and somehow he can still hold it against you when he never actually communicated with me directly.  Pretty funny how you want someone like me to forget, but yet he's just as guilty of holding grudges.  So yeah, I'm the source of the problem since, he had the issue to begin with right_  Every issue he has with me has just grown from that altercation.  So yeah, maybe you should talk to your buddy about forgiving someone and not letting things go.

https://community.pl...120#entry193974

Whats funny is you think you can sway my view, do you really think that you are making me think anything different with you belittling me and pointing out flaws_  Yeah, so be it, I'm the way I am, and nothings going to change it, you either deal with it or don't, I really don't care what any of you think.  If you don't like what I have to say, use the ignore feature, and at least STICK TO YOUR DECISIONS TO IGNORE ME instead of saying you are going to do it, and then reneging on your decision.  

Sorry dude, nothing against you or your thread, it had good intentions until people started to derail it like every other one around here.

#31 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted October 11 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Postphed, on October 11 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

yeah, i'd love some pewter miniature scouts to paint up like my garage.  

Guess i'd need to buy techs too, so I can give them all tech legs...

So, I have to write a paper for my MBA (since I'm not flying to Brazil with the cohort), and I guess I'll write it on importing pewter figurines as a business venture in Brazil.
Posted Image

#32 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 12:45 PM

Pelaxus actually made some cool models of Hawken figurines!
Posted Image

Posted Image

10/10 would buy that predator one...

See more of his artworky stuffs if you want here (thought I should give credit & link him)
Posted Image

#33 OldClockworkFox

OldClockworkFox

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostSparkyJJC, on October 11 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

See more of his artworky stuffs if you want here (thought I should give credit & link him)

Wow. Someone needs to get some figures made. I would like an Assault with full Brommens Elite upgrades. That's my bread and butter right there.

#34 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 11 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostSS396, on October 10 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

WORDS

MORE WORDS

WURDS

Fruitless attempt at quelling

YET MORE WORDS

View PostNept, on October 11 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Neutral observation of empirical facts.

View PostSS396, on October 11 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL HOLY LKJWAELKJFA;LKSDJF;LDKSJF;LKASDFASDFWE123

Shut up.

Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up shut up shut up shut up shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTTHEFUZZUP.

It's like goddamn children in here. This is just one page of this goddamn argument that has been rolling across multiple venues and it is fuzzing irritating and legitimately embaressing. I am actually embarrassed every time I read this schlock. Do you lot have any idea how puerile this reads_ Are you actually children_ Do you lot fuzzing need a timeout_ Do you need to be put into the corner_ Holy hell.

Silverfire, I have played with you, I know you're not a kid, please stop engaging. Stop caring. It's easy.

SS396, you have managed to completely ruin anyone's opinion of anything you have to say by your endless quoting and word vomit. It is literally pointless for you to post anything else because no one takes you seriously. Unless you just like reading the sentences you obviously painstakingly construct as some kind of validation of your questionable mastery of logic and the English language, there is no point in posting anymore.

Everyone else: For the love of anything good left in this game, desist.

No one cares. Forums are back up. We're still in the dark. Move the bloody fuzz on.

View PostSparkyJJC, on October 11 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

O.O

Edited by Amidatelion, October 11 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#35 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 11 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 11 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

SS396, you have managed to completely ruin anyone's opinion of anything you have to say by your endless quoting and word vomit. It is literally pointless for you to post anything else because no one takes you seriously. Unless you just like reading the sentences you obviously painstakingly construct as some kind of validation of your questionable mastery of logic and the English language, there is no point in posting anymore.

Sure there is, just to annoy the fuzzy bunny out of people like you.  :lol:

Oh and I thought of this just now, if no one takes me seriously about the things I post, then why did Ashitler have to come in and quash a rumor that apparently I started_  :blink:

Edited by SS396, October 11 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#36 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostSS396, on October 11 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Oh and I thought of this just now, if no one takes me seriously about the things I post, then why did Ashitler have to come in and quash a rumor that apparently I started_  :blink:

Can you quote the post that said you started the rumor_

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#37 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 11 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostSS396, on October 10 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

WORDS

MORE WORDS

WURDS

Fruitless attempt at quelling

YET MORE WORDS

View PostNept, on October 11 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Neutral observation of empirical facts.

View PostSS396, on October 11 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL HOLY LKJWAELKJFA;LKSDJF;LDKSJF;LKASDFASDFWE123

My sides.
Posted Image

#38 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 11 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostSylhiri, on October 11 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Sure, I don't know why you couldn't read it for yourself.

This. Word that it was a DNS issue was starting to spread around so I wanted to stop that before everyone jumped on yet another ill-informed bandwagon.

#39 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostSS396, on October 11 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostSylhiri, on October 11 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Sure, I don't know why you couldn't read it for yourself.

That doesn't suggest that you were the one that spread the rumor.

Edited by Sylhiri, October 11 2014 - 02:02 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#40 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted October 11 2014 - 02:04 PM

They brought back a paid for service that really does nothing for bringing in new players with its content anymore, so I am almost certain there is still hope. Not that I had thought it would die in the first place, I come from a family of programmers and they are some tough cookies when it comes to getting stuff done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users