HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Sound and Hawken

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted October 13 2014 - 03:26 PM

Don't remember my headset name :/ but I only ever use sound when I'm hiding or if an enemy is un-accounted for in my mental recollection. I keep tabs on every enemy, if I don't see them I look for them. I think, when did they last die, when did I last see them. I'll hit tab to see if they are an infiltrator or a predator. I remember who is flanking and i'm constantly checking flanking lanes when i'm not actively in combat. I'm almost always the first person to spot an enemy. I can spot black bears up on the mountains where I live pretty easily. and that's like a 1500 foot distance

#22 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted October 13 2014 - 04:09 PM

The first time I tried war wednesdays I dug up an old pos headset I had and it changed my life. I dont know how I ever played this game without a nice headset, which will br my next pc purchase

#23 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted October 13 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostFlifang, on October 13 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Don't remember my headset name :/ but I only ever use sound when I'm hiding or if an enemy is un-accounted for in my mental recollection. I keep tabs on every enemy, if I don't see them I look for them. I think, when did they last die, when did I last see them. I'll hit tab to see if they are an infiltrator or a predator. I remember who is flanking and i'm constantly checking flanking lanes when i'm not actively in combat. I'm almost always the first person to spot an enemy. I can spot black bears up on the mountains where I live pretty easily. and that's like a 1500 foot distance
The Brown bears here in Kodiak are too big to miss:P
Posted Image

#24 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 13 2014 - 06:42 PM

I honestly play without headphones half the time when I play and I seem to do quite fine.  I just have to be extra aware of my surroundings, which isn't a bad thing.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#25 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 07:02 PM

I have a pair of Roccat Kave 5.1s.

Sitting on my desk 24/7 they provide the appropriate aesthetics for me to hear my enemies from my logitech speakers.
Life changing.
Posted Image

#26 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 13 2014 - 07:24 PM

Turtle Beach PX22s

For their price, they are the best headset I have ever had.

#27 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted October 14 2014 - 07:23 AM

Sound makes little difference to me in this game.  Half the time my headset is around my neck unless VR is graciously hosting me on their teamspeak or its WW.  Sound made a much bigger impact to me on FPS games where you had either few lives or you could die very fast.

#28 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostFlifang, on October 13 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Where do you live 😅 I wanna see black bears! New York city sux

#29 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted October 15 2014 - 06:33 AM

I use AKG K-242 HD headphones and a cheap Xonar sound card.

#30 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted October 15 2014 - 06:53 AM

Xonar dgx > Blue Ocean tube amp > AKG 712

#31 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 15 2014 - 08:09 AM

Headset: Sony MDR-V600 (they are nearly 10 years old.. need a new pair. But I typically use my speakers either way)
Speakers: Logitech Z906 5.1

Sound has always been a highly important factor in my game play. Back in the early days of counter strike I could use it to pin point people in buildings and shoot them through the walls while wearing my headset. This netted me a lot of issues with being called a hack, but I just simply understood the importance of sound. My roommates in college swore I cheated until I lived with them and they watched me play. Still boggled their mind but knowing where everyone was at all times was a bit OP in all reality. But sound can do that if you listen. You always can put yourself in the best position to win knowing things like that. Not that you will always win, but you can be in a better position either way.

#32 hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 08:12 AM

Sony MDR 7506 here but I mostly play with speakers. While headphones certainly help in some situations, there's just too much noise pollution in Hawken which gets on my nerves after a while of playing with headphones on.

#33 Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRepública Separatista de Haedo

Posted October 15 2014 - 10:22 AM

I have a Sentey Symph headset on the desktop rig and a pair of very old Plantronics headphones with the mic broken when playing on the laptop, that perform almost as good as the Sentey.

In the desktop, I used to play with my cheapo 2.1 Thonet & Vander speakers, but switched to headset because it's much more immersive.
Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.
MessyBopzz: like jesus_
Cybrex: Better than jesus

Posted Image

#34 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted October 15 2014 - 10:24 AM

Audio-Technica ATH-A700x with SBX Pro Studio
Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#35 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 11:15 AM

If there was a way to turn off ALL of the music effects and ALL of the little radio prompts from that helpful person who tells the team "RTB" and "Do you realize how much that ship costs" - I would be really, really happy.

#36 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostStubbornPuppet, on October 15 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

If there was a way to turn off ALL of the music effects and ALL of the little radio prompts from that helpful person who tells the team "RTB" and "Do you realize how much that ship costs" - I would be really, really happy.
But bro....you don't even know how much it costs. You obviously need to be reminded of that constantly. I wish I could change a setting so that guy would never stop talking.
Posted Image

#37 SamEureka

SamEureka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Locationall your base are belong to us

Posted October 15 2014 - 12:08 PM

I use a Sony SRS-X5 speaker most of the time while playing... if I'm on TS I use a Turtle Beach Z300 headset. But I'm going to steal shosca's AKG-712 headphones

I like the sound the mechs make when you scrape their butts on walls and rocks....
Posted Image

#38 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 12:22 PM

View Posthellc9943, on October 15 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Sony MDR 7506 here but I mostly play with speakers. While headphones certainly help in some situations, there's just too much noise pollution in Hawken which gets on my nerves after a while of playing with headphones on.
That's probably more of an issue with your headphones than with Hawken.
Posted Image

#39 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted October 15 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostMerl61, on October 15 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

hellc probably means this:

#40 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostKopra, on October 15 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostMerl61, on October 15 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

hellc probably means this:

With my headphones I can hear when other mechs turn when it's really quiet. Useful for 1v1s.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users