HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Graphics Card Dillemma

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 11:59 AM

Since you're still asking and friendly, I still think you shouldn't buy anything right now.  Put the money aside and start saving.  When you have about $1000, you'll be able to afford a really good all-in-one machine that comes with everything you need to play games like Hawken at full quality.

Spending money on ad-hoc parts to slowly build a new PC will end up costing you 3-4 times as much and, by the time you're done, you'll once again be sitting on parts that you need to upgrade.

I'm not trying to be a crabby patty, I'm just trying to be realistic about saving you time and money... and getting you where you really want to be.

#62 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 28 2014 - 01:52 PM

I'm running a 4670k and R9 290 on pirated Win 7 Ultimate, and I ran some lowish-end AMD processor and five R9 270X cards on pirated Win 8.1. I never had issues with either OS. Take that for what you will.

#63 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 AM

View PostStubbornPuppet, on October 28 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Since you're still asking and friendly, I still think you shouldn't buy anything right now.  Put the money aside and start saving.  When you have about $1000, you'll be able to afford a really good all-in-one machine that comes with everything you need to play games like Hawken at full quality.

Spending money on ad-hoc parts to slowly build a new PC will end up costing you 3-4 times as much and, by the time you're done, you'll once again be sitting on parts that you need to upgrade.

I'm not trying to be a crabby patty, I'm just trying to be realistic about saving you time and money... and getting you where you really want to be.
Thank you! But the thing here is that, I am not the person buying the card. I am getting it as a gift! So saving up is not an option! I am not buying an OS now as Windows 10 is coming pretty soon and they will have deep discounts when released. I badly need a card as I have a stupid computer an I play games like HAWKEN and Crysis 2 on my on board motherboard graphics. This causes the game to crash and freeze my computer! I experience extremely low fps and poor quality! I just need a card that will help me get by. Oh yes! I am saving up for a good computer. When I have my own income, I will get a decent computer! Thanks a lot! I am not angry or anything though! Its like going to the mall and not knowing what dress to wear or buy!

Edited by CapAllan, Yesterday, 09:59 AM.

Posted Image

#64 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 AM

If it for the short term, grab the graphics card. GT730 or 740 if you can.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#65 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Ok! I'll see how it goes. I also need a mouse as mine is bust! Are the DragonWar series good_ Chaos, Thor and so on_
Posted Image

#66 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 AM

I use a Logitech M310 wireless mouse or a Microsoft Intellimouse (wired)...are you looking for a gaming mouse or just a decent all round mouse_

I like Logitech and Steelseries as far as gaming gear goes for mice.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#67 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted Today, 05:26 AM

Sorry guys. One last thing before I give away my recommendations, Which one from these_

http://www.flipkart....RCDXDAFFEFYRH9R

http://www.flipkart....dd-3da95796b094
Posted Image

#68 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted Today, 11:09 AM

Honestly, either of those cards are not going to be an upgrade compared to using your onboard motherboard graphics. The performance gain is so minimal, that you'd be better off saving a little bit more money to get a GTX 750. The GTX 750 will probably be able to run a Medium to High Settings with no PhysX. If you can also overclock, which since it is based on the new NVIDIA Maxwell architecture you'll be able to overclock this thing at a significant performance increase.

In addition, since the Maxwell architecture is incredibly efficient in terms of Thermal Design Power, you probably won't even need to upgrade your PSU.

After going through rebate forms, you can quite possibly get this card for only $95.99, or Rs. 5895.23.

The card that I'm referencing is this Gigabyte GTX 750.
Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users