HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

So it has come to this

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted October 22 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostPastorius, on October 22 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

I'm with Houruck and the other EU guys on this one. This isn't trolling, just a sad statement of fact. DerMax is a good guy and a valued member of the community. I too am saddened that a once vibrant EU community that featured some of HAWKEN's very, very best players has been all but lost.

Plus, it's also right to say that MMR on the EU side is a very different monster to that living on the US side.

..+1 it could be something fair to not mix guys who clearly aim to troll or are constantly whining and nice guys who are here since ages and want to share their feelings or reflexions...each time someone is pointing facts or telling something "sad" about the game evolution he immediatly receive a wave of slaps and is called troll....imho not very constructive...
since devs are silent noone can express his feeling_ ok we re not blind and we all see the same but why the hell cant we talk about it _ arent we enough mature to share infos _ noone is going to suicide because hawken is dead or dying ! it s a fact an d i m quite happy to not have to read each day that the silence is normal and that they are working hard on the game and that they simply dont speak because of nda...lol...it s harder and harder to still hoping anything....the forum or the servers can close down at each moment and we all know it ....
you cant tell that the game is dying, you cant tell that the devs arent working anymore on the game, you cant tell that population is decreasing ....well...what are we allowed to say _ that all is perfect , that the game is at its maximum of quality and population, that a magic patch will appear with fixes for all...i just cant understand ....a forum exists to communicate and to share with game mates....not to stay silent and to read utopic dreams
no offense to anyone....it s just boring to read the same comments each day telling the same thing to thoses who try to be honnest with themselves about the game status (especially when it s aiming cool guys , it s just unpleasant to read as possible)
...oh and yes i still playing each day so ...no ...i m not trolling or trying to anounce hawkens death
peace! +.+

Edited by UncleBlitz, October 22 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#42 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 06:30 PM

I think part of the cause is that the forums went down for a while and there was no notice sent out that they'd gone back up. I usually check the forums once or twice a day, but I started checking far less when they went down. If I hadn't been checking regularly I wouldn't have known they came back.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, though. My account won't stay logged in, so I might be one of those "guests." I only log in to see what posts I'd already checked and to like a post from time to time. Since there haven't been as many fresh threads as of late (not counting those that are just complaining about the lack of news or updates, which are not entirely unfounded), I haven't really been sticking around as long as usual, but I'm still here, if that counts for anything lol. :P

In any case, I've still been in-game when I can, and the weather here has been bringing back fond memories of playing with everyone in winter Prosk and winter Last Eco (I hope they bring them back!). I've also been contemplating writing a post about some fun findings I'd discovered while playing with a derp smurf account, the one I use so I can play with my friends and family casually.

#43 Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostUncleBlitz, on October 22 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

View PostPastorius, on October 22 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

I'm with Houruck and the other EU guys on this one. This isn't trolling, just a sad statement of fact. DerMax is a good guy and a valued member of the community. I too am saddened that a once vibrant EU community that featured some of HAWKEN's very, very best players has been all but lost.

Plus, it's also right to say that MMR on the EU side is a very different monster to that living on the US side.

..+1 it could be something fair to not mix guys who clearly aim to troll or are constantly whining and nice guys who are here since ages and want to share their feelings or reflexions...each time someone is pointing facts or telling something "sad" about the game evolution he immediatly receive a wave of slaps and is called troll....imho not very constructive...
since devs are silent noone can express his feeling_ ok we re not blind and we all see the same but why the hell cant we talk about it _ arent we enough mature to share infos _ noone is going to suicide because hawken is dead or dying ! it s a fact an d i m quite happy to not have to read each day that the silence is normal and that they are working hard on the game and that they simply dont speak because of nda...lol...it s harder and harder to still hoping anything....the forum or the servers can close down at each moment and we all know it ....
you cant tell that the game is dying, you cant tell that the devs arent working anymore on the game, you cant tell that population is decreasing ....well...what are we allowed to say _ that all is perfect , that the game is at its maximum of quality and population, that a magic patch will appear with fixes for all...i just cant understand ....a forum exists to communicate and to share with game mates....not to stay silent and to read utopic dreams
no offense to anyone....it s just boring to read the same comments each day telling the same thing to thoses who try to be honnest with themselves about the game status (especially when it s aiming cool guys , it s just unpleasant to read as possible)
...oh and yes i still playing each day so ...no ...i m not trolling or trying to anounce hawkens death
peace! +.+

Nobody is trying to deny that the game is in decline. It's just that this thread is pointless and there are countless other productive actions to take or discussions to be had. All this thread does is point out something that we're all aware of, and has been discussed to death already. It's like going to the movie theater and shouting everything a second after it happens.

"BATMAN EATIN MILK AND COOKIES"
"ALFRED TALKIN MAD SASSY ABOUT BATMANS DIET"
"JUMP CUT"
"CAMERA PANS OVER GOTHAM CITY PARK"

#44 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted October 22 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostMassive_Assailant_Stingray, on October 22 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

Nobody is trying to deny that the game is in decline. It's just that this thread is pointless and there are countless other productive actions to take or discussions to be had. All this thread does is point out something that we're all aware of, and has been discussed to death already. It's like going to the movie theater and shouting everything a second after it happens.

"BATMAN EATIN MILK AND COOKIES"
"ALFRED TALKIN MAD SASSY ABOUT BATMANS DIET"
"JUMP CUT"
"CAMERA PANS OVER GOTHAM CITY PARK"

-nobody can deny something that is happening for sure but you re right it drives to nothing to repeat it all along the week...here the op was giving an info about the forum population and i thanks him , i find it interresting and didnt notice it, i m probably less on the forumz than thoses who already know everything about hawken

-finding answers in that sea of threads looping around same themes isnt easy for newcomers, they are nicely welcome on the forum when they ask some questions that have already been asked

-i m sure the op isnt  posting/shouting everything a second after it happened

-lol @ the "a second" after it happened & "everything" : i dont remember to have see a flow of thread related to the forum been down for several days....

let s try to keep this forum friendly for all and to not attack everyone in every direction just because we re bitter or had a bad day

sorry for my crappy english :D

#45 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted October 23 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostM4st0d0n, on October 22 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Thanks Dermax by the way for the old dumbfire thread that started this all. I cant play a fuzzy bunny match without the usual troll in gamechat spamming the word. Good job rising the toxicity.

Back in the day hellfires were a real issue, and we had Last Eco, Bazaar and Bunker games with 5+ Rocketeers and Bruisers on a regular basis. I think that thread was warranted and did a good job of eradicating the cancer that the dumbfires used to be.

Hellfires are not a problem anymore, so please just ignore the haters.

#46 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted October 23 2014 - 02:22 AM

Damn ... how sad. I have fapped more times today than the number of people on the forums at this time ... this is very sad ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted October 23 2014 - 02:28 AM

Then a fightclub. I fought a cheap assault who used three fecking shield. So. Much. Fun. Fightclub was always a mindless cornerfight with broken tools anyway.
We always tried to ban the flavour of the month broken items and even had gentlemen's duels without internals. I am really glad that you are back, but you missed quite some things.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#48 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 23 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostDerMax, on October 23 2014 - 12:39 AM, said:

Thanks Dermax by the way for the old dumbfire thread that started this all. I cant play a fuzzy bunny match without the usual troll in gamechat spamming the word. Good job rising the toxicity.

Back in the day hellfires were a real issue, and we had Last Eco, Bazaar and Bunker games with 5+ Rocketeers and Bruisers on a regular basis. I think that thread was warranted and did a good job of eradicating the cancer that the dumbfires used to be.

Hellfires are not a problem anymore, so please just ignore the haters.

Once again speaking without a clue. Seeker and SMG are out of balance, Bunker and Last Echo are still broken. The only cancer there was at the time were some attentionwhores mindlessly speaking about balance and skill, and a ghost moderator. Now there's no moderator at all and half of the mechs are useless on high tier. I've spent 400 hours of my life training on an area of denial mech waiting for a compscene to emerge in EU with teamplay were I could be useful. That was a waste of time.

View PostHouruck, on October 23 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

Then a fightclub. I fought a cheap assault who used three fecking shield. So. Much. Fun. Fightclub was always a mindless cornerfight with broken tools anyway.
We always tried to ban the flavour of the month broken items and even had gentlemen's duels without internals. I am really glad that you are back, but you missed quite some things.

Hawken is a big ladder of broken. You start to ban things that are not balanced then you'll eventually stop playing the game. Hell you even banned jumpads in a fightclub one time. The guys were at least civilised on the CA server, and he admited it was cheap, we laughed about it, but I left because once it smells cheese you're better out. I dont know what I missed, but I played regularly for two month now. The community is at its worst. Make a smurf, play a week, see how what's left of the EU players interacts with each others. Try DM or Siege. It makes me vomit.

#49 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted October 23 2014 - 04:23 AM

S A D B O Y S

it's a reference for the initiated

#50 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted October 23 2014 - 04:34 AM

I had a couple of good games last night :ph34r:
Taking a different mech that is hard to master really freshens things up.

#51 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 23 2014 - 04:37 AM

View PostDerMax, on October 23 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

S A D B O Y S

it's a reference for the initiated

You summarized your own topic so well...

#52 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted October 23 2014 - 11:53 AM

Doesn't dumbfire just mean unguided_

#53 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 12:12 PM

View Postcomic_sans, on October 23 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Doesn't dumbfire just mean unguided_

That's what unguided missiles have been called for a long time, I think he means skillfires :0

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#54 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 23 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on October 23 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

Damn ... how sad. I have fapped more times today than the number of people on the forums at this time ... this is very sad ...

Posted Image

What

What the fuzzy bunny dude

#55 Arevizz

Arevizz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationYou may call me Aregon.

Posted October 23 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 23 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostEliteShooter, on October 23 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

What

What the fuzzy bunny dude
That would explain why he is so grumpy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users