HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is Taunting Effective_

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted October 27 2014 - 07:09 PM

I'll need to test.  But I'm not sober at the moment, it being late and all my work for the day done.  I will test Wednesday.
Posted Image

#42 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostCall_Me_Ishmael, on October 27 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

I'll need to test.  But I'm not sober at the moment, it being late and all my work for the day done.  I will test Wednesday.
bring it to war wednesday.
Posted Image

#43 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted October 28 2014 - 07:49 AM

You could use autohotkey to automate a holo toss with every right mouse release

- but every orb drop would be clearly superior -

For the ultimate troll taunt drop a holo with every air dodge

#44 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted October 28 2014 - 08:25 AM

Isn't there a delay before you can throw a second holo_  If so wouldn't that prevent you from tossing them with every secondary shot_  Seems like I tried this once, or am I not remembering correctly_
Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#45 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 28 2014 - 01:21 PM

View Post_incitatus, on October 28 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Isn't there a delay before you can throw a second holo_  If so wouldn't that prevent you from tossing them with every secondary shot_  Seems like I tried this once, or am I not remembering correctly_

There is, but I don't know how long it is in seconds. Maybe Fat Raider's secondary fires slow enough that it'd work, but on most mechs it'd probably throw one on every other shot.

#46 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 28 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostSkitzo1d, on October 27 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostLoC_TR, on October 26 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

This thread sucks, mine are definitely better. :^)

No but really I only taunt ppl I like. Rarely do I taunt out of spite or to rub it in, when I do I tend to have a good reason such as- you should have had me, you fuzzy bunny up.

Edit: does it work_ I guess that would depend on the person.

Loc always taunts me after he kills me.  I think it goes something along the lines of  "You suck scrub, gawd you should just unistall now.  You have to be the worst player in hawken"  I am 142% positive this really happens and is not just in my head :).  But this just makes revenge that much sweeter when I get to throw my holotaunt at his corpse :).

Quoted for truth in regards to 1v1ing Merl.

#47 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 02:33 PM

I do it after a good fight to compliment them, they usually take it the wrong way

#48 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:23 PM

I tried piping GBA_HoloTaunt after AltFire and AltFire2 in every file I could find, no dice. " | GBA_HoloTaunt"

Sorry.
Posted Image

#49 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 29 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostJeffMagnum, on October 27 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

I usually throw holotaunts for the same reasons as comic and dave do, but it's also fun to use them if an enemy accidentally EMPs both of us or if I overheat at the same time the person I'm fighting does.

Also, does anyone know of an easy way to make a macro that will let me throw a holotaunt each time I fire my secondary_ I have over 800 left that I need to get rid of before the game dies, and I'm not about to let them go to waste.

View PostIareDave, on October 27 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

I second this. What better way to spend 100k+ in-game creds than to pop a crying bear every time my tow pierces through the air.

View PostCall_Me_Ishmael, on October 29 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

I tried piping GBA_HoloTaunt after AltFire and AltFire2 in every file I could find, no dice. " | GBA_HoloTaunt"

Sorry.

I can do it.  Took me less than 2 minutes of editing.  Evolwar can even attest to how little of time it took cause he called me when I started working on it and by the time I explained it to him, I had it done.  One of the problems though is it drops them every time you click whatever button you set it to, so if you set it to left mouse button, it throws one EVERYTIME you click that button, which means also in the garage screens and I'm not sure if it counts as a use in there.

Only a few more posts  \o/.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#50 TTU_Phoenix

TTU_Phoenix

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 27 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostTTU_Phoenix, on October 27 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

I think that taunting over someone's corpse is rude, so I generally do it. ...

Posted Image

I'd say that's not what I meant to say, but I feel like it was probably a Freudian slip.

#51 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 29 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostSS396, on October 29 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

I can do it.  Took me less than 2 minutes of editing.  Evolwar can even attest to how little of time it took cause he called me when I started working on it and by the time I explained it to him, I had it done.  One of the problems though is it drops them every time you click whatever button you set it to, so if you set it to left mouse button, it throws one EVERYTIME you click that button, which means also in the garage screens and I'm not sure if it counts as a use in there.

K, problems fixed.  I'm able to set a toggle key to active the deploy mode and deactivate it.

:lol:
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#52 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 AM

View PostSS396, on October 29 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostJeffMagnum, on October 27 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

I usually throw holotaunts for the same reasons as comic and dave do, but it's also fun to use them if an enemy accidentally EMPs both of us or if I overheat at the same time the person I'm fighting does.

Also, does anyone know of an easy way to make a macro that will let me throw a holotaunt each time I fire my secondary_ I have over 800 left that I need to get rid of before the game dies, and I'm not about to let them go to waste.

View PostIareDave, on October 27 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

I second this. What better way to spend 100k+ in-game creds than to pop a crying bear every time my tow pierces through the air.

View PostCall_Me_Ishmael, on October 29 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Sorry.

Only a few more posts  \o/.

Tried to figure it out and failed.  Help plz_
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users