HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Increasing or Decreasing the ranks, Positive vs Negative Influance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hawken is a awesome game. I like to see the player base go up. This thread is about how we the commuinty can support hawken  And draw in more long standing players. That being said  I will be going over a few things that hinder that goal or outright alinate players from our commuinty.  

(THIS IS NOT A HAWKEN IS DEAD  THREAD , OR COMPLAINT THREAD. ) If that is  your  intent make your own thread. (Do not post here!) this kind of negative thinking does none any good. It is one of the problems.

The hawken commuinty is very positive and Like to get your guys oppinions on things that we could do to get and keep more players. This could be sugestions to devs or direct support from us .  

Smurf acounts are a not a good idea becauese you are higher mmr but you are just stomping new players that might not come back.  

Giving new players advice if you see them doing somthing wrong if done in a congenital maner could help players improve and stick around.

Negativity in all its forms is counterproductive to gaining a player base.  

What do you guys think could pull in new players or what could we do as a group to incurage new plaers to play and stay _

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 29 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#2 Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 02:17 PM

Go find people who create hawken content for youtube. Like all their hawken videos, leave a comment on them all, favorite them, and subscribe to the content creators.

When you see the big names on youtube asking for likes comments and subs, they're not just asking that to stroke their epeen. These are the things that are specifically favored by googles algorithms. So basically, to support videos in this manner is directly helping more people to see them.

So that'd be one way to support hawken, youtube is a power machine of free advertising.

Also please don't argue about smurfs unless you want this to turn into a  REDACTED* fest like the other thread. You've already painted a very black and white picture of it, which is unfair and lacks understanding.

*Edit:  YOU CAN'T EVEN SAY PO OOOOOP_! COME ON, OR T U R D_ My vocabulary dwindles.

Edited by Massive_Assailant_Stingray, Yesterday, 06:43 AM.

#3 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 02:44 PM

We can get people to play Hawken but getting them to stay is an ADH job. The high number of smurf accounts exist due to the lower population making it hard for new players to grow into higher tier players so the small portion of the high tier players can play games on a regular basis. Personally I'm not at a point where I need to play on a smurf account to play at all but it's very, very rare I find game with players at my skill level or above on both sides, so I understand the people who smurf out of nessessity are coming from.

More player events are always nice when people do show. I'd like to believe that the Cockpit helped to some degree to keep interest. Most of the stuff that can be done to keep people is on ADH though.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#4 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:47 PM

Community events and training sessions could possibly draw in newer players or at least make them stay for a bit longer

#5 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 04:33 PM

Aculaly training events sound like a awesome idea .... mainly due to the fact that each mech has a unique playstyle and getting tips and pointers from people in the comuinty that have more experance I think could help retain new players and get them to stay ... instead of being frustrated.   I think there are different playstyles as well.  Commuinty coaching in a mech as well as one of the three playstyles. offencive , defencive and support  would be very cool idea.   I am not here to argue smuf acounts only to say that on  the down side of this is new players could be alinated by higher level players slaughering low  level beginers.  That was my only point. weather to smuf or not to smurf is up to you.  All in all this commuinty is amazingly positive.  I like your segestions thanks....

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 29 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#6 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 04:39 PM

Just as a word on human tendancies: I find that most people don't want anyone to tell them "how it's supposed to be done."... unless they come right out and ask.
If you try to tell them, even in the nicest, most positive and productive way possible, they will likely just do the opposite to show you that they couldn't care less what you are telling them.  It's frustrating, but true.

About the best you can do is try to ignore the failings and mistakes of new players and just congratulate them if they actually do something right.  If you're really desparate, you can say, "If anyone is looking for pointers on how to win this game mode more often, I'd be happy to share." and then lead by example.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, October 29 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#7 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted Yesterday, 12:44 AM

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 29 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Actually training events sound like a awesome idea .... mainly due to the fact that each mech has a unique playstyle and getting tips and pointers from people in the comuinty that have more experance I think could help retain new players and get them to stay ... instead of being frustrated.   I think there are different playstyles as well.  Community coaching in a mech as well as one of the three playstyles. Offencive, defencive and support would be very cool idea.

The idea is already real since the last few weeks. :)

Check out the events Training Thursdays event, or if that doesn't benefit you, the Saturday Training Centre event. Both are awesome and cool. :D

#8 wolfrock

wolfrock

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationThere's beaches in Canada

Posted Yesterday, 07:20 AM

Merl is running Vanguard training / practice tonight (Thursday30 Oct 2100EDT) on the TAW teamspeak. I presume guests are welcome, same as when we do the War Wednesday public event. See you there!
TAW.net - good times.
Watch the wolfrock stream on Twitch!
War Wednesdays

#9 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

Guys  I would love to contribute and partisipate in training. But I just relocated from michigan to north dakota just got my apartmen still looking for a job.  So my life has other priorities  That take presidence.  Soon as that all gets straightened out ... I am there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users