HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Still cant connect to servers

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Mudsucker

Mudsucker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:26 AM

Servers only show up in the Server Browser tab. After selecting a team to join I get the message "Failed To Join Game". I tried several different teams that had varying amounts of players. Nothing worked. On the Matchmaking tab, nothing shows up and it fails to find any matches for US West (any).

#22 Flappers

Flappers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostKejiGoto, on October 27 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

View PostFlappers, on October 27 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

They handed out thousands of keys to websites - knowing that they will be taken up instantly.

If they can't cater their servers for the influx of new players, then I hate to think what a fiasco it will be on release.

They also had some issues with the servers yesterday which required them to push back when the beta started. This could be an extension of that problem which could only be found through play testing like this.

This is also kind of the point of Alphas and Betas, to identify issues like this before release. I doubt this is an issue with an influx of new players because then everyone would be experiencing similar issues and not just a certain group of us.

These problems are connection issues... not client issues... not issues that can be sorted by sending off reports.

They have a problem where people outside of the US (and some in US) are unable to connect to servers. This sounds like a routing problem on their end, rather than client issues.

Alpha - A state of a game, where features are not implemented, but it is playable with many bugs.
Beta - Where most features are implemented (enabled or disabled) which require testing before going to release.
Release - A client where all features are enabled. Patches to follow to polish.

Understand that these connection issues are not exactly helping the company polish their game... in fact it's the opposite.

They had the same problems yesterday from which they delayed the start. Only afterwards, the problems still exist for non-US players.
Fix it for the US and ignore the rest.

The main problem here is that no one is acknowledging the problem at hand, which is implying that they don't really care, and it won't be fixed before Monday. (Seeing as it is the weekend).

Edited by Flappers, October 27 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#23 rollthedice

rollthedice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:31 AM

It's impossible to play this beta. What a mess. Stuck at login.

#24 JordanHopkins97

JordanHopkins97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:52 AM

They need to sort this out !!!!!!!!!

#25 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:53 AM

Europe got not enough servers.. We got like 4 working ones that are full all the time :(.

#26 Neofite

Neofite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:55 AM

i was having this problem, but then i start lookin for games with maybe 8 people in them at most. I could get right in.

#27 JordanHopkins97

JordanHopkins97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostNeofite, on October 27 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

i was having this problem, but then i start lookin for games with maybe 8 people in them at most. I could get right in.
Yeaah but all the servers have zero latency and the europe and uk servers are all full

#28 Neofite

Neofite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostJordanHopkins97, on October 27 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

View PostNeofite, on October 27 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Yeaah but all the servers have zero latency and the europe and uk servers are all full
Yeah, the US servers show up like that also.....I just keep hitting refresh till i can find one.  Hopefully it get fixed soonish.  This is what Beta is for. :)

#29 Blackboss

Blackboss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:09 AM

same here, cant join anything.

#30 JordanHopkins97

JordanHopkins97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:09 AM

Cmon people who run the company fix this !!!

#31 JordanHopkins97

JordanHopkins97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:12 AM

Wow so bored been waiting for this for adges :(

#32 Nassau

Nassau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, like the handful of them are sitting on their ass trying to decide which side of their pizza to start on first.
I really doubt they're not aware of the problem by now. They're working on it, and it's probably more complicated than a quick fix.

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates"

#33 JordanHopkins97

JordanHopkins97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostNassau, on October 27 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Yeah, like the handful of them are sitting on their ass trying to decide which side of their pizza to start on first.
I really doubt they're not aware of the problem by now. They're working on it, and it's probably more complicated than a quick fix.
They knew about this yesterday and all they was doing was bringing up more severs, that isnt going to fix it.

#34 Ripow

Ripow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:24 AM

I heard from the fanboys this was way better than MWO, but you can't even play this one. 5 servers total_ OK...

Edited by Ripow, October 27 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#35 Nassau

Nassau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:24 AM

Unless someone has a better idea, this only implies they're trying to battle the symptoms untill they come up with a cure...

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates"

#36 Nassau

Nassau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:26 AM

Let me clear something up though, I really want to play this game as well... and I'm not able to right now, just like the rest of you. Just don't see how repeatedly spamming the devs to "fix it" helps. I'm all for pointing out bugs and problems, but surely we've gotten our point across by now_>

#37 ZombieWeasel

ZombieWeasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:17 AM

I actually managed to get into a game today... wow.

Alpha -> Beta Impressions: They broke matchmaking.

In Alpha you could hit the find match button and after a few tries it would get you a match. Ive yet to have the button do anything but fail this go around. Server browser shows -1/-1 for over HALF the servers. So either servers keep going fuzzy bunny up and have no systems in place to automaticly restart, or they have the worlds longest startup time, measured in DAYS.

Of course I planned to play more than 2 rounds once I got into a server, but it crashed and booted everyone out.

Well im gonna go back to playing that other mech game and wait for Beta 2+ to actually test this thing. As it is now its pointless to sit in the game and hammer the find match button. The devs know its broken. The devs will fix it eventually but not likely for the rest of this test. So just go do something else until the next test period happens.

#38 Zauriel

Zauriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:04 AM

that's not a valid excuse. Alpha 2 servers and matchmaking worked just fine.

#39 JordanHopkins97

JordanHopkins97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:26 AM

Have they still not fixed this WOW !!!

#40 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:33 AM

I was excited to get into the Alpha and had lots of fun in it. Then that closed and Closed Beta came a long and was hoping to be as excited.

Fired up the game went to find a game to play.. No go. Only game I could actually get into was Siege and that game mode is brutal.. so long. I like TDM or DM of which I simply could not get into as servers were at max capacity EVERYTIME.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users