HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TV mech opinions_

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: what does everyone think of the TV mechs_ (84 member(s) have cast votes)

TV mechs_

1. Like (46 votes [54.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.76%

2. Meh (17 votes [20.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.24%

3. Don't like (21 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 gunnyfreak

gunnyfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:45 PM

Not sure what to make of them.....

on one hand, they're certainly utilitarian, which is how hawken mechs are supposed to be. On the other hand, I just can't get used to how they look....

what does the community think_

#2 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:12 AM

CRTs and Xboxes are sweet and need to stay... although, they might actually make more money if they were cash-only vanity options.

Really.

It was fun while it lasted.

#3 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:14 AM

It's overpowered, but ugly as sin.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#4 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:49 AM

I don't really mind, they're a bit silly but I think its fine especially for a default mech. Now it'd be ridiculous if it played static or started airing commercials while on duty.

#5 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:02 AM

They're already the most talked about mech design yet, and are ripe for something interesting to be done with them (which for some of us might turn out to be rather special - in a purely cosmetic manner).

http://community.pla...__20#entry70200

#6 Xenogeist

Xenogeist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:53 AM

I love it now but when it is every mech on the battlefield I think I could start to hate it.

#7 NotAnExit

NotAnExit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:21 AM

I want the windshield wiper to work.

#8 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:36 AM

I hope it will not be like you get for free only these super ugly ones :D and have to pay for a really good designs...

#9 Oichean

Oichean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:42 AM

I'll really like it when I can get this on the screen: http://images.wikia....face..._lol.jpg

#10 thepeopleselbow

thepeopleselbow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 12:30 PM

Mine looks like an old microwave bolted to a pair of bionic legs circa 1973 with 2 salad shooters bolted to its sides.

I hope i can have a mech that I enjoy driving but also looks good at some point.  Military tech does not have to be ugly (m1 abrahams, sr71 blackbird, etc).

#11 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:01 PM

The memetic potential alone is so fantastic they'd be crazy to change it.

I mean, Hawken's visual design is the joke in my sig/avvie. It doesn't exist anywhere else.
Posted Image

#12 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 04:16 PM

I think it does look ridiculous, but its that special good kind of ridiculous that you just cant help but find endearing. Like Pugs for example :P
Posted Image

#13 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 04:33 PM

Could be worse - what if they'd make a walking portable toilet with guns and bazookas_ But my guess is - there's a lot of home appliances to use, right_ The design for SLAVE I from STAR WARS was from a parking lot lamp for example :D

#14 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:39 PM

If there was a toilet mech, they'd probably get sued my MWO for the Jenner design.
Posted Image

#15 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:46 PM

It's a good mech design. For those who can see the humorous value of it will be loving it and it is ugly enough to make people want to buy other mechs so it also brings income to devs. I'm still wanting to make it pink/purple with rainbow thrusters :3

#16 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:51 PM

It's not even just a joke design.

People, Hawken is a world where the Age of Plenty has ended, and the wars for the few remaining resources has begun. Mechs are going to be repurposed from utility frames and strapped with whatever guns they can salvage or find. This means you have industrial warehouse mechs that were never meant to go outside the Soylent Green plant stomping through Andromeda with guns.

Not everything has to look like clipart from a rejected Battletech campaign module.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#17 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostElix, on October 30 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

It's not even just a joke design.

People, Hawken is a world where the Age of Plenty has ended, and the wars for the few remaining resources has begun. Mechs are going to be repurposed from utility frames and strapped with whatever guns they can salvage or find. This means you have industrial warehouse mechs that were never meant to go outside the Soylent Green plant stomping through Andromeda with guns.

Not everything has to look like clipart from a rejected Battletech campaign module.

True, true and true. Though they gotta change siege mode somehow cause that waste of 2 massive ships (there usually goes down couple of others as well :/) to destroy 1 enemy base doesn't fit the lore.

#18 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostRotaken, on October 30 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

True, true and true. Though they gotta change siege mode somehow cause that waste of 2 massive ships (there usually goes down couple of others as well :/) to destroy 1 enemy base doesn't fit the lore.
Nobody ever said they were conservative with their firepower. Just that they're salvaging it from whatever they can find. And that enemy base could be the other faction's HQ, so it'd be more justified to throw everything at the enemy. (Obviously, the lore breaks down when you consider that you can do this scenario as many times as you want just by joining a Missile server. You have to suspend disbelief sometime.)
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#19 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostElix, on October 30 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Nobody ever said they were conservative with their firepower. Just that they're salvaging it from whatever they can find. And that enemy base could be the other faction's HQ, so it'd be more justified to throw everything at the enemy. (Obviously, the lore breaks down when you consider that you can do this scenario as many times as you want just by joining a Missile server. You have to suspend disbelief sometime.)
But I can't! it's just so wrong with great setting like this and I totally fancy nitpicking... Speaking of which why are always the bases so close to each other_ They have to be some sort of mobile ones that can go around minding their business and then meet enemy base, fortify themselves and start spouting mechs.

#20 Sinj

Sinj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT USA

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:54 PM

I like the TV look but where the hell are my bunny ears I cant get any damn reception in combat :blink:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users