HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Still having low FPS and frame drops

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 05 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostManoloco, on November 05 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

L_T_K,

Have you checked the temperatures on your CPU / GPU_, some protection features on the bios include downthrottling the clock speed to preserve the processor.

I have a cousin that had a PC that was ridiculously slow for the processor he had, i dissasembled it and when i took out the heatsink, the sticker on the copper disk of the heatsink was still on it....

The person who assembled the pc thought it was part of it since the sticker was metallic, after i removed, cleaned, and applied new thermal paste it ran great, he didnt notice in all games since some didnt elevate the temperatures that hard, it was the Pentium 3-4 era.

I am not saying this is your same issue, but when performance goes down after a while of playing, its worth checking the temperatures, it might be related (fans not working properly is another common issue)

I dont think its a bad memory management issue, if it were, everyone would be having the problem sooner or later.

The temperatures were fine from what I believe I checked a couple of times; the game also works just fine and restarts the cycle after restarting the game (not the computer) in only a minute, and it doesn't cool down that fast.  Still, I will pay close attention to that and double check it next time, just to see if it's somehow related.  If it happens to just be getting slightly too hot, I could fix that issue real easily.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

#62 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted November 05 2012 - 05:47 PM

L_T_K, i hope it resolves and helps you enjoy the CBE2 this 8th!

some other recommendations regarding driver settings for other users having problems since you start the game:

on nvidia cards check to see if you are running multiple or single monitor performance, the latter being faster obviously, try to put everything in performance mode and go up from there.

on ati cards, also try to put everything in performance mode and go up from there, disabling amd/ati optimizations might also help.

this are some of the first things to try.

Edited by Manoloco, November 05 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#63 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostManoloco, on November 04 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Saint_The_Judge: depends on what model of ATI/AMD vs NVIDIA  card you are comparing, what model is yours and what your son´s_

Mine is HD 5870, his I really can't remember, but I know it's older than mine, because when he bought the lappy he told me the GPU was ranked 100th, while mine was 40th, accordingly to this chart: http://www.notebookc...ist.844.0.html. Notice that by now both GPUs are demoted, of course. Mine is the 66th.
Cheers.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#64 womb

womb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:16 AM

found this:
http://www.kn00tcn.n...nc-performance/
still trying to connect to a server and test it, but worth a shot

Edit:
It worked! I'm playing a smooth Hawken now

Edited by womb, November 09 2012 - 08:41 AM.

Posted Image

#65 WagalyTaLk

WagalyTaLk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:20 AM

The same problem

My specs:
windows 7 x64
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
AMD Radeon HD6870 1GB
8GB DDR2 RAM
Creative X-Fi titanium
Seagate 500GB HDD

30~50 non-combat, 20~30 in combat.
The fps lock in the 60 max.( Vsync turn off )

adjust the Video option、other VGA tool is no use.
I play BF3 so smooth, but this game is terrible. :wacko:

I hope to fix the performance issue as soon as...

Edited by WagalyTaLk, November 11 2012 - 01:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users