HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Settings Not Saving_

Beta Game

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ratchet18O_o

Ratchet18O_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:58 PM

Sooo..

Maybe this isn't a bug. But,

BUG: I've noticed that when I open up the game, and it logs me and in sync's my account,  often when I start it up, it hasn't kept my video settings from when I played last. I run it on 1600x900 resolution, and when I start it up it's 1280x720 (Which I'm assuming is default.) Also some of the other graphic settings themselves haven't saved.

And that doesn't just go for graphic settings. I've also noticed that key bindings I've set to other keys haven't saved either. They've changed back to default. I don't know what's up with that.

CAUSE/REPRODUCTION: And again this is only after I've opened the game. During the game, the settings stay the way I've changed them. But it seems that every time I open the game, and specifically after I turn on or restart my computer, do they change back to what seems to be default. Because if I close down the game, and then open it back up, generally they stay the same. But if I shut down or restart my computer it seems that they go back to default.

SEVERITY:Well since it happens most every time I turn my computer back on or restart, and even occasionlly when I've just shut down and reopened the game, I'd have to give the severity an (EDIT) 4-5.

Hope this helps

-Ratchet18O_o

EDIT:

It just occurred to me that every time the game patches it seems to do that too. Not 'as' sure about that though. And it might be that every time I go to get back onto the game after restarting or turning my computer back on, that it just happens to have a new patch for it, which would make sense. If that is then the case, then every time it patches, my settings get reverted to default.

Again hope this helps.

Edited by Ratchet18O_o, October 29 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Exdaix

Exdaix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:11 PM

I've noticed the patches reset the settings for me as well.

#3 Ratchet18O_o

Ratchet18O_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:52 PM

Yea and I just shut down and restarted my game to see if I could get onto the servers, since it seems none of them are working right now, and yep. It reset my settings again.

So this is a problem.

#4 Nitefang

Nitefang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:54 PM

I have the same issue, if I change video settings, close the game and then join again all Video settings are restored to default  I have not tried it with audio or any other settings though.

#5 Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:54 PM

Settings are not saving for me either between boots.
Posted Image
Wandering Gun #XXX
PC Specs: 3930k @ 5ghz, RIVE, 2x CMGTX3, 3x EVGA 580 SC at 3240x1920, 1x Intel 510 120GB, 4x Force GT 120GB raid 10, 2x Raptor 600GB raid 0

#6 v3rtigo0ne

v3rtigo0ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:14 PM

• Bug: Individual Video Settings [Ex: MLAA on/off] do not save after clicking apply; must "apply" several times.
  • Cause: When changing the individual graphics settings like MLAA with the on/off toggles, after hitting "apply" the settings reset to "on". Only after 2-3 attempts do the settings seem to actually stay as they are set.
  • Reproduction: The bug occurred 8 out of 10 times I tries to reproduce it.
  • Severity: 3

#7 Taktile

Taktile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm having this issue as well

#8 Bitpad

Bitpad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 12:11 AM

I can also repro.  Happens after patches have been applied to the client.

#9 Johnus

Johnus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLaguna Beach, CA, USA

Posted October 29 2012 - 07:09 AM

+1 for this, I have to reconfigure all my settings every time I launch the game.

EDIT: Actually, this morning I only had to reset *some* of the graphics settings. The resolution was still set correctly.

Edited by Johnus, October 29 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#10 Ros

Ros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 08:33 AM

I also have my key bindings and reverse mouselook reset after patch updates.  I don't think they are reset in between game 'sessions'

Cheers
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.4GHz  3.9GHz
16.0GB RAM
Gigabyte H77 series MOBO
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (on board the CPU)
Win 7 64-bit

#11 DeadEyeSavage

DeadEyeSavage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:03 PM

Mine is reset between sessions.

i can launch the game then go in change my resolution back up to 1920 x 1080 and then set all my settings back to high. hit apply hit yes play a game.

Then when i close the game and come back to play it later. All the settings are again reset to default. then i have to change them again...

20/20 times this happens.
Moto: Never outnumbered, just more Targets!

#12 UncleHo

UncleHo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:51 PM

I've noticed this behavior too.. but I think that's just a kind of "reset" everytime there's a client-patch.. So I didn't file it as a bug.

#13 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted October 31 2012 - 03:59 AM

This is probably not so relevant anymore, but I managed to lock my resolution and various other graphical (only graphical/video) settings by modifying the default values in the config files in the HawkenGame/Config and Engine/Config folders. As said, they didn't persist, so that was my temporary workaround
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#14 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:37 AM

Same here, my settings didnt persist, also while in game the XP bar of progression sometimes showed level 0 but the progression was ok when checked in the garage.

Textures while loading a match are weird.

#15 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostDeadEyeSavage, on October 30 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Mine is reset between sessions.

i can launch the game then go in change my resolution back up to 1920 x 1080 and then set all my settings back to high. hit apply hit yes play a game.

Then when i close the game and come back to play it later. All the settings are again reset to default. then i have to change them again...

20/20 times this happens.

How exactly are you launching the game and how are you closing it_ Do you ever hit verify from the launcher_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users