HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mouse for gaming!!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted October 31 2012 - 09:15 PM

Razer Imperator 2012 edition. Its been going strong since I bought it back in july. Love the button position.  easy to click, hard to accidentally click. Only razor product I've had thus far that I haven't hated.
Posted Image

#22 Gurist4s

Gurist4s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostHazaRDReborN, on October 31 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

old school logitech mx510, think it was among the first gaming mouses of the series. Yeap, that old :P
Thing has lasted me so many games and battles I am surprised I still use it after 7 years! It's like my comrade in battle after so many years, the thing has gone into veteran mode now just like a war partner that you grow up with :P Can't seem to want to replace it after such a long time, especially when it still works as good as new. Im surprised the old timer has lasted me so long. Judging from the endless hours on Quake 3 and UT matches, followed by extensive play on so many other FPS games, I'm kinda starting to get scared at the fact it still works :/ Think it managed to get a soul of it's own by now XD

I had my last 518 so long all the pigment wore off the logo and buttons. It only went because it developed a faulty LMB microswitch. Must have had it... 5 years_ 6 years_

Think there was a MX500 first.

I had a 500, a 510 and then a 518. All good mice.

Some seriously good gamers still use oldschool microsoft optical mice mind you. If it works, why change_

Edited by Gurist4s, November 01 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#23 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 08:21 PM

Logitech G9x

Absolutely love this mouse.
There is no time like time wasted...

#24 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted November 02 2012 - 12:26 AM

You jelly_ I don't even have a mouse pad. Stay mad.

Attached Thumbnails

• shit.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

#25 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 09:33 AM

I'm just using my gaming laptop's touchpad.  Everyone asks me how, but I manage to snipe with pinpoint accuracy with it usualy, and I have it set to where one normal swipe from one side to the other moves from one side of the screen to the other, so it has pretty nice precision.  Can't actually play that well with a mouse, but do quite well for myself with a touchpad.  I'll leave the mouse to you guys since you can actually play with those things.

Ah, sniping so far away on Fallout that you have to zoom for the enemy characters to load at max rendering distance settings, and getting headshots right in front of other pc gamers, with a touchpad...  And outsniping everyone else on ME3.

Priceless.

#26 Neurofunk

Neurofunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 05:55 AM

Logitech small laptop mouse (lol)

#27 Puru

Puru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGrove Street, Los Santos, San Andreas

Posted November 03 2012 - 07:34 AM

I use a Cyborg RAT-7. I tend to get a little angry at other competitive games and it is incredibly resilient through all the abuse I put it through.
Shamelessly stealing everything not bolted down

#28 Tezkat

Tezkat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 09:26 AM

I game with a Logitech G9x, which is surprisingly comfortable to use with the grips removed.
Live Open Beta gameplay and commentary on twitch.tv/Tezkat...

More HAWKEN gameplay videos at Mech.TV.

#29 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 03 2012 - 11:06 AM

Logitech G500 here.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#30 jeffjo

jeffjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:15 AM

I'm glad I read this forum because it gave me a pretty good idea of the mice you guys use and what the better ones are.  I'm pretty new to gaming and I'm looking for a new mouse that won't break the bank, thinking around $60.  I found this site http://www.squidoo.com/gaming-mice-x looking around online and I really like the razer deathadder.  I was hoping you guys could let me know if that's a good purchase or not.  It sounds like most of you are logitech fans and I'm wondering if thats the safer way to go or if they're pretty comparable_  Any help would be great, thanks.

#31 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:18 AM

I've had a deathadder for.....a while now. Maybe 2-3 years_ The wheel button is starting to wear out, but I dont use it much anyway. I use the side buttons for locking on with hellfires now. Its a solid mouse, Nothing really exotic about it and it gets the job done.

However, I also have titanic sized hands. My index finger and middle finger cover about 75% of it. Most of my hand spends its time on the mousepad and not the mouse >_>

Edited by PlagueDoctor, February 27 2013 - 11:20 AM.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#32 kootset

kootset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:28 AM

Corsair Vengeance M90
Logitech MX518
Roccat Kova

#33 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:31 AM

I use a Corsair M65 and i run it at 5000dpi refreshing at 1000 times a second. The mouse can do 8200dpi. Also i bought the military green version and it looks awesome.

#34 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:36 AM

Naga (or Naga Epic for wireless) + Nostromo. I wasn't even planning to buy the Nostromo when I went to get my Naga E. but holy hell, it was a damn good decision I did. It's comfortable, easy to config, and looks awesome. Besides, it looks more like a mech controller compared to your standard gaming keyboard.

Posted Image

#35 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:38 AM

Just any old mouse...  I make do with what I have, there aren't that many controls, so.
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#36 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postjeffjo, on February 27 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

I'm glad I read this forum because it gave me a pretty good idea of the mice you guys use and what the better ones are.  I'm pretty new to gaming and I'm looking for a new mouse that won't break the bank, thinking around $60.  I found this site http://www.squidoo.com/gaming-mice-x looking around online and I really like the razer deathadder.  I was hoping you guys could let me know if that's a good purchase or not.  It sounds like most of you are logitech fans and I'm wondering if thats the safer way to go or if they're pretty comparable_  Any help would be great, thanks.
I've got a Deathadder that's been serving me well for quite some time now. It's comfortable and reliable.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#37 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:41 AM

I used to use an MX518. After many, many years of faithful service, I decided to retire it to be used as my mouse that I use at work (just like my old G15 keyboard :)). Now I use a Corsair Vengeance M60. So far, so good. I love the feel, grip, size and weight of the M60.

Posted Image

#38 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:42 AM

Just don't get any Razer audio products. While I've had purely good experience with their other hardware, their audio department seems to be lacking. Their headsets and speakers all have problems (static noise while USB speaker is plugged, lights going out, mic noise, flimsy body, subpar sounds compared to other companies. Only pro would be that the look might appeal to you.

Posted Image

#39 Majic12

Majic12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:51 AM

MX510 was accompanying me for years until it was too grimey to not get instaAIDS when touching it.
Then used a Wheel Mouse Optical which i grabbed from the office for quite a while, which was awesome because it was nicely light and fast while working at an acceptable accuracy level. Then I wanted some more buttons again and bought a G400. Been stuck with it ever since. Purty little thing <3

Edited by Majic12, February 27 2013 - 11:53 AM.

[Pilot Error]

#40 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 12:03 PM

I don't play WoW but I like to use the WoW Cataclysm mouse:
Posted Image

It has plenty of buttons, extra large size to fit my whole hand, and the macro options on the driver to program each button is a nice touch.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users