HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

this "beta" should be actually a pre-alpha

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 02 2012 - 05:12 AM

View PostBlackboss, on November 02 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

well, tribes maybe had some gameplay issues, but at least it was playable like a game, I hadnt the feeling of playing beta at all.
In comparison to Hawken where all I get is a tiny red message box saying there arent servers around since the first day on till beta end apparently. Any why shut down servers at all_ Let people play and find more bugs and flaws, totally pointless.
That's their choice. They're not obligated to keep anything up and running until the game is 100% public and live.

It does help to pay attention to the "Closed Beta News" forum sometimes. They actually extended this beta phase by a day, but obviously if you join after they close the servers... well, that's not their fault - it's yours.

There will be a CBE2, and anyone who is currently in the betas will be able to play that as well. No word on when that will be, though I'd predict probably within another two or so weeks, three tops, given the relatively short period of time left until the game launches.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#22 UjestShurly

UjestShurly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSterling Heights MI, USA

Posted November 02 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostBlackboss, on November 02 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

why do you release a "beta" which isnt playable at all_
Tribes Ascend was almost retail product as it was released for open beta. Hawken is in contrary wasted disk space at this point.

Umm, you have not been in many Alpha or Betas have you_ Hawken was in pretty good shape for a CB1, yes there are a few large problems, but over all Hawken is in good shape.

Edited by UjestShurly, November 02 2012 - 05:27 AM.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

#23 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted November 02 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostBlackboss, on November 02 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

View PostRotaken, on November 02 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

You are not a dev, I believe, so don't go saying how they should do their jobs.
so basically, like you not saying to me what I should post on forums and what not_

Yes indeed I am. You see pointless whining does not help anyone and is damn irritating.

#24 Turic

Turic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationRussia - Ukrane, Voronezh - Donetzk

Posted November 02 2012 - 05:44 AM

i cant login to max payne 3, why rockstart sold me unplayeble game, oh my god!
http://hawken.ru/ - Русский сайт об игре [RUssian site]
http://vk.com/hawken - сообщество вКонтакте [VKcom]

#25 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 02 2012 - 05:59 AM

Just in case you didn't already get it from other's posts:
- Tribes: Ascend is/was a joke (lol fishycs, rock routes)
- Read the news
- Don't whine, it's not constructive

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#26 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:07 AM

I like how OP completely ignored the fact that I pointed out to him that help was offered to him and he just couldn't be bothered to actually work on any sort of constructive troubleshooting.

And now Hawken is pre-alpha quality because of the "unplayability". I'm Cave Johnson, we're done here.

Edit: And he continues to ignore me and carry on his T:A adoration. Yep, don't bother.

Edited by Elix, November 02 2012 - 10:23 AM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#27 Blackboss

Blackboss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 02 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

no its a great game, best I've played for years.
Rock routes are fixed btw, thats kind of a glitch what can occur in any game. Skiing wasnt intended mechanic too originally.

#28 WALSRU

WALSRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostElix, on November 02 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

And now Hawken is pre-alpha quality because of the "unplayability". I'm Cave Johnson, we're done here.

Cave Johnson here, if you can't make a beta work... GET MAD, make sure the game gets pushed back to alpha! Demand to see the game's manager! Make them rue the day they thought they could give Cave Johnson an incomplete game!

Edited by WALSRU, November 02 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#29 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostBlackboss, on November 02 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 02 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Rock routes are fixed btw, thats kind of a glitch what can occur in any game. Skiing wasnt intended mechanic too originally.
FYI, Hawken Alpha was less problematic than T:A Beta.

And how about T:A problems like HiRez not playtesting their new weapons properly and repeatedly adding in ridiculously OP weapons_
What about the physics that are still thought to be overly floaty and weak jetpacks_
What about HiRez's fix for Temple which only made it a worse map_
How about their ridiculous "solution" to a proper spectator mode_
What about the lack of a match replay function_
When you go on the T:A forums and look at the Constructive Discussion page, even when you account for all the "QQ" threads, there's still a staggering number of valid complaints.

Heck, at this moment there are more people on Twitch.tv watching Pokemon Emerald than there are watching T:A.
Does that sound like the mark of a great game to you_

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 02 2012 - 06:47 AM.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#30 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted November 02 2012 - 07:14 AM

Stickies from the Devs in the Testing Forums are your friend in any game. It never ceases to amaze me how much of the community on any given MMO does not pay attention to Stickies from the Devs. And no matter how much some of us that actually do try to help those that fail to pay attention to detail try to help keep the rest of the community up to speed there are posts like these.

Please to the OP if you have any questions or concerns in the future refer to the stickies- which are the green thumb tac looking deals posted by the Devs.

Edited by QuanZen, November 02 2012 - 07:15 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted November 02 2012 - 08:44 AM

Although getting into servers was not a breeze, I managed to play every time I tried. Maybe not at the first attempt, but nothing that a LITTLE patience could not do.
I agree, however, that they need to fix these connections issues.
I hate TA.
Thanks.

Edited by Saint_The_Judge, November 02 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#32 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 02 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostBlackboss, on November 02 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

The game's been out for a year and it's already basically lost momentum competitively
Skiing wasn't an intended mechanic in 1998. You've got no excuse when intentionally implementing it in a fuzzy bunny'd up manner in a 2012 title
Class/weapon balance is buggered, the physics are still pretty bad, and most of the maps are so flat you can just snipe from anywhere (thankfully the still-dominant sniper rifles have falloff, so you can't just rock people with 500 damage shots from anywhere)
Viewership dropped like a rock, and a good chunk of the competitive players left the game

Edit: self censored

Edited by Beemann, November 02 2012 - 10:32 AM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#33 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 02 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hm, the bunny filter seems to be broken.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#34 Turic

Turic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationRussia - Ukrane, Voronezh - Donetzk

Posted November 02 2012 - 12:06 PM

for me annoying thing, when peoples come to CLOSED BETA and want to see perfect product. most of players now just like testers in game, enthusiasts, that want to help developers and see game (and bugs) first. if anyone want perfect game - just wait for release, why you need to complain and say gibberish_ in that case Tribes other game, with other problems, other developers and other fans, why peoples compare them.
http://hawken.ru/ - Русский сайт об игре [RUssian site]
http://vk.com/hawken - сообщество вКонтакте [VKcom]

#35 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted November 02 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostBlackboss, on November 02 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

why do you release a "beta" which isnt playable at all_
Tribes Ascend was almost retail product as it was released for open beta. Hawken is in contrary wasted disk space at this point.

To be honest after what I experienced in the last Alpha test this game is ready to fly, unlike other game Developers who ignore test first policy and gives the public an unfinished (half ass) product then fixes it as you pay is a sure fire way to lose Fan Base before going retail...  Meteor is actually testing and fixing Hawken without asking or giving the option to pay, if I were given the choice Hawken is ready for my money so hang in there there is still a lot of time till Open beta.  Oh and by the way, Almost only counts with Atomic Bombs...  hahaha
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#36 Titzilla

Titzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBehind Cover

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've never played T:A so I won't talk about that, but there are still valid complaints that are being brought up (even if done in a poor fashion).

I won't call the game unplayable, but it is definitely a chore to find a match at times. Servers still crash daily and trying to manually join matches still seems to be broken. The closed beta version doesn't have some more major problems anymore, but the server issue is something that is rather critical. At any time during midday, I have to spam join games in order to actually join a match. It can take several minutes before anything can be actually found. I understand that servers need to have strain tests before the actual release, but it's slightly ridiculous to have a beta with a certain number of players when the servers can't seem to handle even a portion of said players.
Posted Image

#37 SilentCid

SilentCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:14 PM

No need to continuously keep the servers active as they got enough data for the things they wanted tested. They are just going to compile that list and tweak what needs to be tweak accordingly.

Posted Image

#38 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostTitzilla, on November 02 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

I've never played T:A so I won't talk about that, but there are still valid complaints that are being brought up (even if done in a poor fashion).

I won't call the game unplayable, but it is definitely a chore to find a match at times. Servers still crash daily and trying to manually join matches still seems to be broken. The closed beta version doesn't have some more major problems anymore, but the server issue is something that is rather critical. At any time during midday, I have to spam join games in order to actually join a match. It can take several minutes before anything can be actually found. I understand that servers need to have strain tests before the actual release, but it's slightly ridiculous to have a beta with a certain number of players when the servers can't seem to handle even a portion of said players.
That's the whole point of stress testing.
It shows where the faults are in what the servers can and can't do.

I'm guessing since this was the first CB, a lot of the testing involved was to make sure the new version was stable, and to see how well the servers handled the increase in player numbers.

AJK is right

#39 Titzilla

Titzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBehind Cover

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 02 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

That's the whole point of stress testing.
It shows where the faults are in what the servers can and can't do.

I'm guessing since this was the first CB, a lot of the testing involved was to make sure the new version was stable, and to see how well the servers handled the increase in player numbers.

That's true. I really hope that they have a lot of additional servers ready, though. If not, it definitely is not ready for release.
Posted Image

#40 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hmm that's weird Hawken worked just fine on my 7yr old machine. Like the members said before me you should look throughout the forum for important information every pilot should at least know. As a pilot of A2 and CBE1 I think this beta was pretty good. Hell even Alpha2 was better then some beta/final software titles. I like where this game is going and can't wait to see the new additions of CBE2

Maybe next time you should get your facts straight before making a 'bawl' post and having people flood in to tell you different.Not to troll, but to enlighten an individual who obviously has the wrong outlook on a product without sufficient evidence to back up their claims ^_^

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users