HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Fresh Install: "Unable to load application configuration"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostDanikov, on November 10 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Finally located the problem- proxycap, winpcap, and similar proxying software can interfere, even when disabled. I uninstalled mine and it started working fine.

Well, I had WinPcap installed, but even after removing it the patcher can't download the game. Any other ideas_

#22 Danikov

Danikov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:09 PM

It seems apparent that this error can be indicative of connectivity issues, so look at firewalls, proxifiers, and anything networking related. I'm told NAT shouldn't be a problem, but it doesn't hurt to check.

#23 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostDanikov, on November 12 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

Actually, I initially thought not to mention the self-important people on IRC, but you changed my mind. You guys were totally useless and very unhelpful, even insulting at times. And you followed me onto the forums to continue taunting me in some misguided attempt to sing your own praises. You are doing an incredible disservice to the Hawken community, on top of all the other bad eggs out there.

You even look quite stupid doing so- you continue to show little knowledge of how a proxifier works and equate it to a firewall (that's like equating a toll booth to a ferry because they both admit cars). On top of that, you say that I should have disabled it from the get go, when in fact, it was. I even said it, in the bit you quoted, and pointed out that disabling it WAS OF NO HELP. So your 'solution' actually fails. On top of that, you made a whole load of fuss over where my temp directory lived and how I'd relocated it which turned out to be a dead-end and also of no help.

So here's what I propose- stop trying to help people. You're going to drive more off than you help with your condescending attitude and your misinformation. If you ever find a real fix to a problem someone else has, pass the information on to people who can relate it to others in a more helpful manner and keep your own mouth shut.

Us useless irc people were what got playing so think about that for a minute.

#24 Danikov

Danikov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 13 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Us useless irc people were what got playing so think about that for a minute.

All I can think about is your lack of grammar and how that statement doesn't quite make sense.

If you're trying to claim credit for solving this problem, you can't. Being on IRC only helped accidentally- something someone said made me wonder if the problem was specific to Hawken, or potentially more generic. A little google fu led me to this thread: https://forum.tera-e...ad.php_t=125521 which made me rethink that the proxifier was being a problem despite being off and that turned out to be the issue. You did nothing to help solve this specific problem.

I'm sure you and others are being helpful to people with more generic and common problems in the IRC channel. You're just a bit of a fluffy bunny about it (persistently so) and that really pushes my fluffy button.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users