HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Impressions of CBE2 and things that still are issues from CBE1 (IMO)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:24 PM

This will be brief.

Stuff from CBE1

-Andromeda still has terrible lag/fps issues... (its not my rig)
   - Don't really know what is up with this issue.
-Sahara Siege mode map is still unbalance (AA Gun Position)
   - I suggest closing the hole in the sand dune that allows team in North spawn to get to the AA gun very fast)

Impressions of CBE2 so far

-Love that mech rank didn't get reset. Although my lvl 20 infiltrator started at lvl 17.
   -I'm guessing that its to make up for the xp progression per lvl.
-Like how hover/flight can more effectively be used in combat.
   -Its nice that its no longer useless to try and fly.
-Brawlers are still good (unlike what others are saying), you just have to be a good pilot to really pwn with it.

Overall the balances are good.

I have yet to have the HP/MP to buy any other mechs. Really wish they gave us more to use so that we can test ALL mechs out (It is a closed Beta TEST after all).

---------------Really really really really want these things.-----------------

Sphere mech parts for infiltrator

More HP/MP so we call ALL fully test ALL mechs.

Glass cracking sound effects when taking heavy fire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will edit with updates as CBE2 progresses.

Discuss_

What is your take on CBE2 so far_

Edited by Astrolis, November 09 2012 - 07:39 AM.

Posted Image

#2 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:48 PM

I see a lot of bug not fix from alpha>cb1 to cb2 and tiny, tiny font !

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#3 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 04:33 PM

How much did they buff flying/maneuverability_ I rather liked the improvements to CBE1, but I think any farther could be too much.
Desert Fox

#4 Citzen_Alpha

Citzen_Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:54 PM

Flying is better but it is still not like a helicopter. you fly like a Mec with Jumppacks, lift is quicker now, but you will stil need to be facing where you want to go to really get somewhere.

Alpha had all Mec's available, I think with Beta's the are trying to get to the point where they are fine tuning level progression. I think it might be a little to slow still, but improved from Beta 1.

#5 Citzen_Alpha

Citzen_Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:56 PM

Doh, forgot to add a yes on louder glass cracking sounds, maybe some louder thuds from heavier weapons.

#6 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thx for the great feedback!

You'll see a lot of updates for closed beta 3 - a TON more than you saw between closed beta 1 and 2.

You'll be happy to know that for CBT3 we'll have an updated Sahara that is more balanced and has some of the suggestions you mentioned :D

Thx, and keep it coming!
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#7 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostCitzen_Alpha, on November 08 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Alpha had all Mec's available, I think with Beta's the are trying to get to the point where they are fine tuning level progression. I think it might be a little to slow still, but improved from Beta 1.

You are correct, a lot of what we're testing is progression and just general game stability :D  You'll be happy to hear that there will be a bunch of cool new stuff during the next test.
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#8 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 08 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostSaunders, on November 08 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

You'll see a lot of updates for closed beta 3 - a TON more than you saw between closed beta 1 and 2.

You'll be happy to know that for CBT3 we'll have an updated Sahara that is more balanced and has some of the suggestions you mentioned :D

Thx, and keep it coming!
Larger font, and I will be flabbergasted !

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#9 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 08 2012 - 06:57 PM

Yea when I get busted down to 100hp left I want it to sound like bullets hitting glass. CRACK! HARD HITS!!!

In the alpha, 1st time that happened I actually was startled and it was extremely clear that I needed to get out of the line of fire.
Posted Image

#10 Vespian

Vespian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostSaunders, on November 08 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Thx, and keep it coming!

Could we expect better FPS in Hawken with the CBE3 updates_ Perhaps toning down the graphics even more in the low settings option_

#11 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 10:08 PM

Im enjoying my playtime in CBE2 so far. I don't really have very many gripes aside from small material that will be ironed out in time post beta builds.

Andromeda honestly has to be the best running map IMO, and I'm using a 7year old box. Then again I play with EVERYTHING turned down so all the other details lag you depending on how your graphical configuration is.

Thanks Saunders for the great news!! Now i really can't wait to see what you guys have in store for CBE3!!!

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#12 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostNIGHTRAV3N, on November 08 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Im enjoying my playtime in CBE2 so far. I don't really have very many gripes aside from small material that will be ironed out in time post beta builds.

Andromeda honestly has to be the best running map IMO, and I'm using a 7year old box. Then again I play with EVERYTHING turned down so all the other details lag you depending on how your graphical configuration is.

Thanks Saunders for the great news!! Now i really can't wait to see what you guys have in store for CBE3!!!

I run on low settings as well. It seems to have smoothed itself out over the course of playing games.

I've also noticed an increase in skilled players. awesome fights had. glad to see the learning curve isn't too bad. Been accused of "stacked teams" when playing with friends. Don't want to come across that way.

-set matchmaking to pair groups of similar size into the same match.
-allow group to be officially included in chat window. (group member list etc)

EDIT: When will the meteor point be put onto our accounts_

Edited by Astrolis, November 09 2012 - 01:05 AM.

Posted Image

#13 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:35 AM

Ahh I see. Have you tried configuring the INI files within the Hawken data_ That's what I had to do in order to get my game to run properly. Literally had to turn every graphical option down to the lowest setting except the drawDistance. I wasn't be able to see most of the environment with it all the way down :P

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#14 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostNIGHTRAV3N, on November 09 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

Ahh I see. Have you tried configuring the INI files within the Hawken data_ That's what I had to do in order to get my game to run properly. Literally had to turn every graphical option down to the lowest setting except the drawDistance. I wasn't be able to see most of the environment with it all the way down :P

Perhaps. I'd have to say though if I couldn't make out map detail etc this game would alot less appealing. Its just so beautiful.
Posted Image

#15 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:22 AM

For me, this is the worst phase of all, by far. Low frame rate and sudden frame drops are now issues impossible to deal with (at least in alpha and beta1 I could have a playable experience in Sahara), getting into a game is harder than never, and getting disconnected in the middle of a match is a pattern.
Given the fact I don't give a hoot about painting, having a chat window, or any improvement other than those reagarding to playability (which are non-existent), I'm definitely far from being a happy camper by now.
Have a good one you all.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#16 Furlock

Furlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:13 AM

Didn't they have the glass cracking sound in Alpha 2 or Beta 1_  I can't recall, but I could have sworn they did.

#17 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:28 PM

WOW just played a 32 player missile match. EPIC FIGHT. Massive brawl the ENTIRE time. PLEASE make all game types have a 32 player mode!!

EDIT: After more play I'd have to recommend lowering the player count or at least having an alternate player count of 24 per game. 12v12 inst overcrowding etc.

Also, I'm salty that the Infiltrators bonus weapon at lvl 20 is the EoC (_) Repeater... kinda meh but I'm still going to test it out.

As always server stability is paramount.

Edited by Astrolis, November 09 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:14 PM

Was talking it over with Zenji, and we both agree that a penalty system for people that leave games is a must.

Maybe dota2 style with low priority something.
Or
Halo Reach had a decent system to reward people that stayed in games with extra xp etc.

Either way there needs to be something to make players want to stay in games(Besides mech lvl xp). Over the last 10 games most people quit before its over.

Whats to stop a team that is losing to just quit and jump into another match_

Edited by Astrolis, November 09 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image

#19 MrGray

MrGray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:52 AM

I would like to be able to replenish items when energy delivered to base in siege mode, put this in your list please :)

#20 SirMilagres

SirMilagres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostAstrolis, on November 08 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Sphere mech parts for infiltrator

didn't get this part....
"sphere" mech parts_
Best weapon on a zombie outbreak_ Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users