HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Problems Boosting/Dodging with Movement Bound to R

Beta Game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tezkat

Tezkat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:49 PM

This is a known bug (also here), but I got the chance to experiment with it some more in this patch, so I'm updating the report.

Summary: You cannot boost/dodge using Shift or Alt with a movement key bound to R. Using Shift-R will do absolutely nothing, and Alt-R will lock up the client after two attempts.

Steps to Reproduce: Rebind a movement key (Move Forward or Back, Strafe Left or Right) to R. Attempt to boost/dodge with a modifier set to Shift or Alt (doesn't matter which side of the keyboard). Note that R can still be used for normal movement, and anything other than Shift and Alt can still be used to boost (e.g. Ctrl, or any alphanumeric key). Double tap also works normally.

Frequency: 100% reproduction over numerous tries.

Severity: 4. This bug can cause client crashes with 100% reliability and prevents large numbers of users with non-QWERTY keyboards from using standard key patterns. I'd have left it at 5, but it occurs only in somewhat uncommon setups and there are semi-workarounds.

Additional Notes: They second Alt-R attempt will lock up the client even if significant time and other actions have taken place since the first one.

System Specs: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Intel 2600K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 670.
Live Open Beta gameplay and commentary on twitch.tv/Tezkat...

More HAWKEN gameplay videos at Mech.TV.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users