HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Why does anyone start the shooting_

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 phertiker

phertiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:33 PM

I've accidentally "stolen" plenty of kills by, you know, helping someone on my team shoot a bad guy. If there's anyone reading who was upset by that, it wasn't my intention: I just don't recall seeing you toss up the "we're gonna duel" smoke signal.

Having said that, I also insert my manly metal ass between repairing teamie's and immediate danger and other team-oriented fuzzy bunny, so I suspect I'm not the type of player the OP is complaining about.

#22 TheAriDee

TheAriDee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:04 PM

I like the idea of a duel signal.

#23 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:13 PM

You could always divide your total xp by your deaths, and get your XP-DR if you want a more accurate representation of your input in team games.
Posted Image

#24 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:15 PM

I don't see it as kill stealing. If I see an enemy, I shoot. Should I stand by and wait my turn_ Seems silly to worry about on the combat field.

#25 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:20 PM

View Postphertiker, on November 10 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I've accidentally "stolen" plenty of kills by, you know, helping someone on my team shoot a bad guy. If there's anyone reading who was upset by that, it wasn't my intention: I just don't recall seeing you toss up the "we're gonna duel" smoke signal.

Having said that, I also insert my manly metal ass between repairing teamie's and immediate danger and other team-oriented fuzzy bunny, so I suspect I'm not the type of player the OP is complaining about.
This

I've accidentally stolen a few kills just by being really aggressive when I've got full health

I don't really see KD/R being the primary measurement. Mine's almost 5 at this point and I don't feel that I'm an amazing player by any means. I'm actually pretty awful in most 1v1 situations
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#26 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostTheAriDee, on November 08 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Seems to me the only people that are winning are the light units when they come in at the end of a 1 on 1 and steal the last hit with their long range gun.... they don't even help.

They just stand there waiting and then once i get the enemy down to their last little bar of health i am so shocked that my kill score didn't change. Just an assist...

These guys aren't doing anything... i know it's a team game, but if i'm doing all the work while the team mate who wouldn't even give me cover until the enemy was almost dead (so they get the kill) then what incentive do i have to keep playing_

How will i get into a good guild or be noticed for my skill unless i bring myself to the same tactics_

This has been 9 of 10 games in the last hour or so. Is it just me_

so ur whining about kill stealing_

in game xp is awarded based on the damage you do. if u are laying down the most damage u will have the most exp. when someone kill steals they get points for the damage done. ive recieved as little as 12xp for a KS, and in contrast ~80xp for a kill i earned without any help. if u are good it will still show to anyone who knows how to read between the lines.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#27 TheAriDee

TheAriDee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostBuDeKai, on November 10 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Seems to me the only people that are winning are the light units when they come in at the end of a 1 on 1 and steal the last hit with their long range gun.... they don't even help.

They just stand there waiting and then once i get the enemy down to their last little bar of health i am so shocked that my kill score didn't change. Just an assist...

These guys aren't doing anything... i know it's a team game, but if i'm doing all the work while the team mate who wouldn't even give me cover until the enemy was almost dead (so they get the kill) then what incentive do i have to keep playing_

How will i get into a good guild or be noticed for my skill unless i bring myself to the same tactics_

so ur whining about kill stealing_

in game xp is awarded based on the damage you do. if u are laying down the most damage u will have the most exp. when someone kill steals they get points for the damage done. ive recieved as little as 12xp for a KS, and in contrast ~80xp for a kill i earned without any help. if u are good it will still show to anyone who knows how to read between the lines.

Looks like I was commenting about teamwork, a little more than anything else. Ladies do not "whine".

Edited by TheAriDee, November 10 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#28 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:03 PM

everybody whines.

Posted Image

also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#29 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostTheAriDee, on November 10 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Ladies do not "whine".
I peed a little.

And I keep forgetting that most people play team modes. I was about to comment on how I have trouble finding fresh meat and usually only get the scraps of fights either mostly done or just finished. It's not my fault I killed guys who were "dueling". My radar led me to you.

In team modes your light mechs should be doing a lot of the heavy lifting. By heavy lifting I mean all the front line work. All of it. C classes are point defense, snipahs are supportive fire, and assaults are suiciding shield dispensers.

#30 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostBuDeKai, on November 10 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

everybody whines.

No...Ladies nag. Almost the same...but different

#31 ForTheTrees

ForTheTrees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 06:37 AM

LOL.

Im sorry, but you get more exp the more damage you inflict. Stop crying about K/D. Thats why you see people on the top of the scoreboards even though they may not have the best K/D/A.

Learn the game, stop whining.

Edited by ForTheTrees, November 11 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#32 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 11 2012 - 09:52 AM

Any decent clan will want to see you play first.

Seeing if a person plays well and in a smart manner is going to be more important than K/D.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#33 TheAriDee

TheAriDee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 11 2012 - 11:49 AM

Learn the game, stop whining.

I guess you can't read. Like i said, no one was "whining." And that's the last time i am ever going say that.

After playing about 10 hours of it i have found more or less what D20Face just wrote.

"In team modes your light mechs should be doing a lot of the heavy lifting. By heavy lifting I mean all the front line work. All of it. C classes are point defense, snipahs are supportive fire, and assaults are suiciding shield dispensers."

I did not like the game any less, In fact the challenge has become more enjoyable and has made me decide to be a very teamwork heavy Sharpshooter to lead the example i'd like to see.

#34 TheAriDee

TheAriDee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 11 2012 - 12:10 PM

Woops, replied twice. Damn browser.

Edited by TheAriDee, November 11 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#35 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:44 PM

while harsh and a little immature, u better trust him, hes lorax and he speaks for the trees

Posted Image

#36 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 11 2012 - 02:17 PM

Watching the map for two blips to show up is more or less my deathmatch "strategy".

#37 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:37 PM

I don't care who gets the kill, as long as someone on my side gets it. I know I'll wind up finishing top or close to the top of the scoreboards regardless.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#38 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 11 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

I don't care who gets the kill, as long as someone on my side gets it. I know I'll wind up finishing top or close to the top of the scoreboards regardless.

^This is all that matters

#39 NotAnExit

NotAnExit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted November 12 2012 - 03:23 AM

I disagree with the current method.  My work, my kill.  Stop rewarding snipers, give them the assist instead.

#40 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 12 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostNotAnExit, on November 12 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I disagree with the current method.  My work, my kill.  Stop rewarding snipers, give them the assist instead.
If you didn't get the last hit, it ain't your kill
What if they get away from you and a sniper finishes them off_ Should you really get credit for a kill you never would have had_ If this is meant to be an exception to the rule, how does the game distinguish it from a "kill steal"_
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users