HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

My first ragetopic

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Orihalcon

Orihalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 08 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

I dunno.

I started off today as a Lvl. 2 Infiltrator, and Deu was the only 20 giving me trouble on a regular basis. I've was holding my own in most cases even though my mech wasn't optimized beyond internals and 3 points.

On the other hand, now I'm around 12 or so and my survivability is getting a bit ridiculous (I'm specced for mobility and health).

Internals make a pretty big difference. A level 1 mech with internals is WAAAAAy stronger than level 1 with nothing.

#22 Ferret06

Ferret06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostGestankfaust, on November 08 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

View Postvince, on November 08 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

View PostD20Face, on November 08 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Bull fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny.

Lol.

But seriously, when I started I got trounced maybe one game, and then fully loaded out my mech. I don't think the disparity is as large as you are claiming, but I do believe that being lvl 20 does provide a noticeable advantage. That is overcome with tactics and precision, however.

"loaded out my mech"

Huh_

I think he is refering to the fact that (if he started in CBE2) we have enough meteor points to fully equip (internel and external) offencive/defencive upgrades aswell as the 3 consumables.

i have the rookie assault and a berserker with all the gear attached, I only started playing yesterday.

-edit-

I played one TDM after the servers went up yesterday in the assault with no internals and got ripped to shreds, After the match i had a good dig around in the Garage and slapped everything onto the mech.

The difference in the next match i played was HUGE.

Maybe some of the cbe2 players that just started have not figured this out yet_

Edited by Ferret06, November 09 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#23 Kai_Kitamura

Kai_Kitamura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:34 AM

I have a modest lvl 6 Brawler here and the last mach I've played was dominated by an Infiltrator, obviously high level. I just did my best to avoid him and instead scored elsewhere. In the end, my team won and I had fun nonetheless :)

You'll see a TON of changes to balance between closed beta 2 and closed beta 3. And when I say a ton I mean a WHOLE TON. Like, everything.

Posted Image
Brawler - Gespenst Type-S -=- Bruiser - Gespenst Type-R -=- Rocketeer - Randgirth -=- Infiltrator - Lion -=- Sharpshooter - Weissritter

...make no mistake - we are not shy
We're very wide awake - the moon and I!

#24 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:48 AM

I too have noticed infiltrator seems severely unbalanced. Even fully leveled sharpshooters and assault mechs are nowhere near as effective. It's fuzzy bunny pitiful. They're lighter, faster, have better armor and the highest DPS I've seen, with the only possible exception being Berserker. Dont' get me wrong, I don't think any class should be nerfed into oblivion, but neither should one class be so poorly tilted. It's a bit on the nutso side.
"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#25 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 09 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

I too have noticed infiltrator seems severely unbalanced. Even fully leveled sharpshooters and assault mechs are nowhere near as effective. It's fuzzy bunny pitiful. They're lighter, faster, have better armor and the highest DPS I've seen, with the only possible exception being Berserker. Dont' get me wrong, I don't think any class should be nerfed into oblivion, but neither should one class be so poorly tilted. It's a bit on the nutso side.
Level 20 Brawlers are better in a strictly numerical sense. Hell, even Rocketeers are.

As has been said many times before, A class mechs just get the biggest boost from optimizations/internals. They also have the lowest interference thanks to mouse accel, making them easier to play for people accustomed to faster paced shooters.

Sniper classes, unless you really know how to use them, have the lowest DPS in the game and thus take the most forethought because anybody can kill you if they get close enough.

It's the internals that need fixed, not the classes.

#26 Rooslin

Rooslin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:17 AM

View Post[ADH]Saunders, on November 08 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

If you want more balanced games don't use the server browser.  The matchmaker should put you in something a little closer to your skill level, but that's something we're continuously working on.  You'll see it get a lot better in the next few months also :D  Generally, we never want noobs to get owned.

You'll see a TON of changes to balance between closed beta 2 and closed beta 3.  And when I say a ton I mean a WHOLE TON.  Like, everything.

Right now we're not happy with the way leveling works either.  Getting pwned by a level 20 mech isn't fun, and there's currently a pretty large difference in pure number boosts between a level 1 and a level 20 mech.  Over the next few months we'll be rolling out changes to make that feel better, with the goal of changing up the way internals, weapon levels, and optimizations work very shortly after our open beta.

Overall this community has had awesome suggestions, many of which we've taken to heart  ;D  Expect to see some awesomenss soon all generally less fuzzy bunny fuzz.

~Saunders

one of the reasons i don't use matchmaking is because there is no party system so i use the server browser so i can find a server that is half full so me and my friends/clan can join

#27 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 08 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

I dunno.

I started off today as a Lvl. 2 Infiltrator, and Deu was the only 20 giving me trouble on a regular basis. I've was holding my own in most cases even though my mech wasn't optimized beyond internals and 3 points.

On the other hand, now I'm around 12 or so and my survivability is getting a bit ridiculous (I'm specced for mobility and health).

Hey now, I chased you away many times. :P
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users