HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to report someone for Harassment

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dominator22

Dominator22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:53 AM

There are a few people on servers that like to harass people. They use racial slander and sexual orientation profiling way too much. Is there a good way to report these people_

If not, suggestion, add a report button in game (during staging and in the match). Possibly have it set so that there can be maybe 1/4 of the people on the server vote to report so it is not abused.

Thanks!

#2 Enrikiller

Enrikiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:13 AM

I think that we're still in a closed beta and we shouldn't be taking such serious actions for "harassment". I think that you can always remember
the player's name and report it personally to the devs/moderators and see if they can do anything about it.

PS: Calling someone a fuzzy bunny isn't harassment.
// Intel Core i5 3570k 3.4GHz // AMD HD 7850 overclocked // 8GB DDR3 1666MHz // ASUS P8H77-M PRO //

FUZZY BUNNIES ALL DAY fuzzy bunny

#3 Dominator22

Dominator22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:29 AM

no, but calling someone a n*gger fuzzy bunny is.

#4 Danikov

Danikov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:10 AM

I don't think 'it's beta' is any excuse. Beta is the perfect time to set the tone for what the Hawken environment will be like.

#5 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:30 AM

Welcome to the internet gentlemen.

There will always people who will disagree with you and attempt to upset you. Anonymity promotes ass-hattery. I would suggest growing a thicker skin and, when the feature is fully implemented, using the mute feature.

As the game approaches open beta, there will be more and more immature and illiterate users who will simply use the most basic of insults in an attempt to cause disruption. The most obvious one at the moment is "CoD is better than this fuzzy bunny game".

I'm not saying it should be ignored, take a look at the steps League of Legends has implemented to try and promote a healthier community. But even then, for every troll you remove from the game, another two are ready and eager to take it's place.

Thick skin gentlemen, it's what separates victims from community.

#6 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:34 AM

Posted Image

As has been said, screenshot it, and PM one of the mods regarding it.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#7 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted November 15 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'd suggest taking a screen shot of offending text to better pin the offence to the user then report it.  You get better results than just ranting about it.
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#8 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 12:13 AM

Ah but you forget in-game voip. And as of now, there isn't a way to tell who is speaking (which will probably change).

Edited by Culex, November 16 2012 - 12:14 AM.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#9 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 16 2012 - 06:06 PM

For the moment, folks, PM someone on the community team (preferably one of the moderators, Scapes is a busy man) if you have someone to report, and provide whatever evidence you can. If you can't screenshot it because the abuse is coming over VoIP, screenshot who else is in the server, at least, so the mods can have a reasonable chance of determining what happened.

But don't make a forum post about it, because as per the official forum rules, calling out a user is forbidden. It just creates drama and conflict in the community and does not need to be a public matter.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#10 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 07:09 PM

Give people a mute feature, not bans.

I'd be pissed for being banned for foul language. Forums are one thing, but in-game is going too far.

Let people mute and let people handle things themselves.

#11 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 16 2012 - 08:31 PM

I like it when people talk fuzzy bunny. i wouldnt want it any otherwise. The more they talk fuzzy bunny the more i feel like i did a good job hurting their buttox. Words don't offend me the context might but meh, i don't believe in censorship. let the players censor who they wish.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#12 UjestShurly

UjestShurly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSterling Heights MI, USA

Posted November 16 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostD20Face, on November 16 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Give people a mute feature, not bans.

I'd be pissed for being banned for foul language. Forums are one thing, but in-game is going too far.

Let people mute and let people handle things themselves.

Then don't transmit the language, change your audio options from hot mic to PTT, language problems solved.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users