HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Failed to join game... EVERY GAME.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceChief

SpaceChief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:58 AM

So once again I'm hitting this problem where even servers that have 8/12 population on a ~5 second old refresh of the server list will not let me in.  Every game of every type in every region I'm clicking on is giving me "failed to join game".

Reinstall didn't help.
Restart didn't work.
Even trying to forward ports didn't change anything.

I cant be the only one getting this...

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:59 AM

Things might've broke overnight while the devs were asleep. It happens, especially in closed beta.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 SpaceChief

SpaceChief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:24 AM

Oh I know that all too well.  Just trying to see if I can get a bead on if its my side or server side.  Seems like it's server side IMO, but there are clearly a number of people playing at the moment.

#4 Cinj

Cinj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:00 AM

Eh, I'm having the same problem. It was working fine up until now. I'm not even sure if there are players on these servers or if I'm just being fed outdated data because the number of players never seem to change.

#5 NDroid

NDroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:23 AM

Same issue here. Was working fine ysterday.

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:36 AM

I've had the same issue with a certain number of servers too. And yes, yesterday was working fine.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#7 Ericcson

Ericcson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:33 AM

i have the same problem.. I get connection lost most of the time but getting sometimes the same error message.. and sometimes i get a message i am in a batlle but i aint

#8 Baobiss

Baobiss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:49 AM

Also same issue here, can't join, but yesterday could join.

Edit: Matchmaking worked fine :)

Edited by Baobiss, November 09 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#9 v1x1057

v1x1057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:55 AM

I´m having the same problem as well...

#10 Mayhems

Mayhems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:02 AM

Same here haven't been able to connect for hours.UK all servers.

#11 norso

norso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:10 AM

Same problem here :/

#12 Halogen69

Halogen69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:15 AM

Ya was just on a server a few minutes ago.... at the next round start it dumped me out to the main screen and havn't been able to connect to any servers... always getting the "Failed to connect to Host" error message

#13 Denea

Denea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:27 AM

It has been hit or miss all morning.  I was able to play a few rounds, then haven't been able to connect.

I'm sure it's a bug issue, so it's been reported.

#14 TheWeapon78

TheWeapon78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:01 AM

Not able to play same problem

#15 Baobiss

Baobiss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:11 AM

Try the Matchmaking mode! Worked for me ;)

#16 SpaceChief

SpaceChief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:38 AM

Matchmaking worked for me for one round, then when I left to grab food and came back I couldn't connect to anything else.  Kept getting "failed to join host" or whatever it is.  Have to back TOTALLY out of the game AND the launcher, and then load it all up again.

This REALLY seems like an account Sync issue after you end a game where things are getting skewed between client and server.  I'm sure theres some devs looking at this, but I still want to give details along with my .02c

#17 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:05 AM

Same here. Matchmaking won't help either. Let's face it: it's a little worse than before. Fact. Connections issues are increasing side by side with # of players.
Not to mention low FPS and frame drops being close to unbearable. But this is another history.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#18 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:10 AM

Additionally, at the beggining of my gaming session, I was able to join in 0/12 servers without any problem. Now, I can not join in any of those empty servers anymore (UK region).

Edit: I'm gonna give matchmaking a try next time.

Edited by The_Silencer, November 09 2012 - 11:11 AM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#19 SpaceChief

SpaceChief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostSaint_The_Judge, on November 09 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Same here. Matchmaking won't help either. Let's face it: it's a little worse than before. Fact. Connections issues are increasing side by side with # of players.
Not to mention low FPS and frame drops being close to unbearable. But this is another history.

True in pretty much every sense, but we gotta remember, this IS beta.  This is an invitational beta at that, meaning they're opening up a finite amount of resources and are DEFINITELY pushing an unoptimized client to us.

Both of those points being said, we should expect heavy server load and the tandem connection issues that go with it, on top of a drop in performance for at least this round of testing.  These issues have to be corrected on the fly, there's really no way to test this in an internal environment with the amount of invites being sent out before things go to beta.  This is what the beta's for.

ANOTHER thing to consider here is that Meteor is not hosting the servers themselves, and that probably NONE of these servers are physically located in the same building as the devs, so they're probably having to do these server-side fixes on the fly, over the phone, with someone who's probably not even an employee or knows anything about the product other than Meteor is paying to host their game with them.

It's frustrating, trust me, I know.  I'm on work for the next 48 hours starting tomorrow and between this phase of testing's issues and the last phase's connection problems the opening day, I've gotten no more than 15 rounds in, legit, so even I am missing out on a lot of time with a game Im REALLY freaking excited, nay obsessed with.  We've just gotta sit tight.

We're beta testers, this is our job.

Edited by SpaceChief, November 09 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#20 Spoon_DF

Spoon_DF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:05 PM

same problem. hope it comes up tonight i missed last beat cause i was away  that weekend and if its down half of this beta weekened itll suck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users