HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Would you pay for this game right now_

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you pay for this game right now_ (915 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you pay for this game right now_

1. Yes, do want. (347 votes [44.32%])

Percentage of vote: 44.32%

2. Yes, but only with preorder incentives (early access, skins, dlc, etc). (199 votes [25.42%])

Percentage of vote: 25.42%

3. No, I need to see more first. (237 votes [30.27%])

Percentage of vote: 30.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 shaken

shaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 01:26 PM

I know I would.

I can't help myself.  The game looks so good already, that I would be willing to throw money at the devs for a preorder already.  It may be early, but I know of another not-so-well-known game that is accepting preorders in pre-alpha, and they are using the funds to aid in the development of the game.  So if I can aid the Hawken devs in the creation of this game by laying down money for it right now, I would.

Would you_  Vote above.  You can change your vote at any time.

#2 VenatioDecorus

VenatioDecorus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 01:27 PM

I would totally buy my way into an alpha or maybe eventually a beta. Minecraft style!

EDIT TAKE OUR MONEY ADHESIVE

#3 Reav

Reav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 01:28 PM

You can count me in!

#4 Tienlung

Tienlung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hell yes I'd love to get into this game.
Like Venatio said, if you have a paid alpha/beta test I'd be in for that!
Cheers!
Tien

#5 Scrizati

Scrizati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted April 19 2011 - 01:43 PM

Agreed, as soon as the chance to put money down for this comes up, I'm there.
"Trying to slow down a mech with a tank isn't something I'd volunteer for." - Jen McQuarrie

#6 ApocalypeX

ApocalypeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted April 19 2011 - 01:46 PM

VenatioDecorus said:

I would totally buy my way into an alpha or maybe eventually a beta. Minecraft style!
This.

If it would help development, then yes a early access system similar to Minecraft's would be great.

#7 shaken

shaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 01:56 PM

I added "early access" to the preorder incentives option.  Just a heads-up in case those that have already voted wanted to change their vote to that option.

#8 leafhopper1

leafhopper1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 02:45 PM

Take my money now.
Posted Image

#9 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 03:40 PM

Definitely!

Though an incentive wouldn't hurt either. ;)

#10 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 04:02 PM

Would I pay to play it right this second_ Absolutely! I find every facet of Hawken so incredibly appealing that I simply cannot pass up on any opportunity to invest into this project.

#11 Dizet

Dizet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 19 2011 - 04:07 PM

Take my money. And the rest of my free time.
"The 'Net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it."
- William Gibson

#12 NaloaC

NaloaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 04:18 PM

With the quality of the work that has been shown thus far, I would definately say that I would "pre-purchase" Hawken as of now.

The animations, sounds, level design, weapons all look top notch for an indie game and of course, who couldn't love the idea of stomping around a cityscape with a gatling gun and a AM-Rifle blasting your friends to smithereens with a battleship hovering overhead!

Naturally, there is a limit as to how much I would be willing to spend on the game. If it is multiplayer only (as laid out in the FAQ) and with a low number of maps, I wouldn't be willing to go past €20. That is being realistic in my mind.

I know other members of ZiiP are interested in this as much as I am, if not more so. I expect them to come along and say hello and give their thoughts.

#13 colR

colR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSheltering from the rain, Scotland

Posted April 19 2011 - 04:29 PM

http://t0.gstatic.co...4Zxba6ZnoTbKYm-

#14 Scrizati

Scrizati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted April 19 2011 - 04:45 PM

[ZiiP]Naloac said:

who couldn't love the idea of stomping around a cityscape with a gatling gun and a AM-Rifle blasting your friends to smithereens with a battleship hovering overhead!

Pretty much this. ^

As for the price I would pay, that is a difficult one. I would probably be OK with slightly more than €20, maybe more like 30 or so but as you rightfully said it depends on the range of maps and content.

ColOfNature: Bwahaha, classic.
"Trying to slow down a mech with a tank isn't something I'd volunteer for." - Jen McQuarrie

#15 NaloaC

NaloaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 04:51 PM

€30 would certainly be pushing it in my own opinion.

I mean no offense to the Devs or to you, but consider the fact that I can buy Brink, Portal 2, Battlefield 3 and any other AAA release for €30 or just under.... an indie release charging that would seem to be a bit optimistic.

Ideally, if Hawken was to be released at a very reasonable price, it would promote sales and exposure rather than create a loss. If it is easily available to players and the price is good, more will buy it.

Hell, maybe even a small distribution service where costs would be lower resulting in better take for all would help too.

Pure speculation at the moment obviously, but I would ball-park between €15-20 depending on content and post-release material.

#16 Scrizati

Scrizati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted April 19 2011 - 05:10 PM

No offense at all. Those are some good points, considering its comparison to AAA titles then yes €30 may indeed be pushing it. And the lower price, easier availability, wider distribution is very true. (A good recent case being Minecraft :)) I would add however that for unique games or games that interest me as much as Hawken does then I tend to be willing to pay more even if they are smaller. It would depend on how much enjoyment I reckon I would get out of the gameplay, which I suppose in an way depends on the multiplayer community.

Interesting, that was something I was considering when writing my last post, how much would the price change based on post-release material. If they were going to add more customisation then maybe add a bit, more maps then add a slightly larger amount_ Who knows, it's definitely going to be based on the initial price and content they quote anyway.

#17 NECRO1

NECRO1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 05:46 PM

Yes.

#18 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 08:01 PM

That would be a yes, don't actually have the money right now (not that it's on sale yet anyway), but I would pretty much put it as a top priority, along with BF3. I would like a bonus for preorder, but it's not necessary for me to buy it as soon as it goes on sale.

#19 Qwet

Qwet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationmesa AZ

Posted April 20 2011 - 12:29 AM

um ill say id pay $50 right now to play whatever has been made that's how bad i would like a new mech game.

and upon release im buying double maybe triple to share with friends that i know would enjoy this.

#20 SilentlyWeeps

SilentlyWeeps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 01:15 AM

Just the sounds from the missiles in the gameplay video was more
than satisfying for me. Finally a mech game that you actually feel
like your in control of something powerful. I would defiantly pay for it
right now. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users