HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Would you pay for this game right now_

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you pay for this game right now_ (915 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you pay for this game right now_

1. Yes, do want. (347 votes [44.32%])

Percentage of vote: 44.32%

2. Yes, but only with preorder incentives (early access, skins, dlc, etc). (199 votes [25.42%])

Percentage of vote: 25.42%

3. No, I need to see more first. (237 votes [30.27%])

Percentage of vote: 30.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 SierraKhaar

SierraKhaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 12:35 PM

Envy661 said:

I mean, the game looks great, but there just isn't enough info to warrant a solid purchase decision yet.

Agreed, I love indie projects but you have to be realistic.
You need to see more of the variation of locations, style of play (more detailed), how communication works between teammates etc etc.

Its just to hard to dig up information about this game.

And if the mechs stop exploding every time they are destroyed, Im more convinced  ;)
" We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. "

#42 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 29 2011 - 11:29 AM

Now that you mention that, it would be cool to have mechas exploding or not ( and if you want, exploding more or less.. ) depending on how much damage they do get before they die.

Anyway, this does not worry me much thus I may live with it as it is and has been seen up until now. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#43 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 01:43 PM

Well if they don't explode you'd have some hunk of metal just there for no reason in the battlefield, prone to exploding or just have it disappear later. If you're gonna go down gotta do it in style with a boom. I kinda like the explosions (who the hell doesn't love explosions_ haha)  
Which just gave me a suggestion Idea, how about when the mechs explode you have a chance of dealing damage to your opponents If they're close to you as you explode_

#44 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 29 2011 - 02:21 PM

Yep, an AoE ( Area of Effect ) for the mech's death explosion would be a good thing, IMO. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#45 lostmonster

lostmonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 04:49 PM

with what i've seen, i have more than enough trust in the developers.  i'd pay for beta access.

#46 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 06:09 PM

AzureCrow said:

Well if they don't explode you'd have some hunk of metal just there for no reason in the battlefield, prone to exploding or just have it disappear later. If you're gonna go down gotta do it in style with a boom. I kinda like the explosions (who the hell doesn't love explosions_ haha)  
Which just gave me a suggestion Idea, how about when the mechs explode you have a chance of dealing damage to your opponents If they're close to you as you explode_

Yeah this is more or less why it's in there, to clear dead metal and avoid having to "fade it out" later.  And it does do a small amount of damage if you are too close to the explosion, so we've had people kill from the grave that way.

#47 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 06:46 PM

Hahaha~
I'd expect nothing less from such genius devs~

#48 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 30 2011 - 07:52 AM

ChrisLalli said:

AzureCrow said:

Yeah this is more or less why it's in there, to clear dead metal and avoid having to "fade it out" later.  And it does do a small amount of damage if you are too close to the explosion, so we've had people kill from the grave that way.

What if the death explosion of the mech could have into account the payload is carrying on_ :)

Posted Image

#49 DarklingVladd

DarklingVladd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 30 2011 - 05:24 PM

you price it, i'll pay it. I am a huge Mecha fan and this is absolutely on my list of must have games.

#50 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 07:27 PM

"Would you pay for this game right now_"

YES, duh!
Naraklok

#51 Lev_Astov

Lev_Astov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted January 04 2012 - 08:47 AM

Shut up and take my money!

Or so the saying goes.  Seriously though, I'd not only pay for alpha access, but I'd pay extra now to ensure this makes it to the PC!  I've been hungering for a good PC mech combat game for a long time and haven't been satisfied in recent years.  One that looks perfect for mouse controls, such as Hawken, definitely has my wallet.

#52 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 04 2012 - 06:34 PM

Lev_Astov said:

Shut up and take my money!

Or so the saying goes.  Seriously though, I'd not only pay for alpha access, but I'd pay extra now to ensure this makes it to the PC!  I've been hungering for a good PC mech combat game for a long time and haven't been satisfied in recent years.  One that looks perfect for mouse controls, such as Hawken, definitely has my wallet.

Mostly the same except I want to make sure this reaches 360 for me and PS3 for one of my good buddies.

Sadly I doubt downloadable games could have alpha's on console.
(/^▽^)/

#53 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted January 05 2012 - 05:32 AM

To be hones I would have paid money long time a go for the game on the current state. I would love to.

But as time goes by my fears of a downgrade becomes more strong. The game perplexed me and still amaze me. Those videos captured the essence of it with the music, the design and the  proposed level of detail.

If that is the game we are going to have, please bring it. I kindly hand in money for it without second thoughts. Why not support good games_

#54 SoulzBaen

SoulzBaen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 11:00 AM

Yes, Do Want! My only issue would be the platform.  If PC, I'll sell the kids.  If console, I'll find another game.

#55 SolidSneak

SolidSneak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 05:58 PM

I guess we're all in luck it's Free to Play, well... all of us but the Devs. DLC, here we come though!

#56 Riiken

Riiken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLong Beach ,CA

Posted September 16 2012 - 05:56 PM

To be completely honest...this game is well worth a 59.99 price tag

#57 Vaapeli

Vaapeli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationRepública Rio-Grandense

Posted September 17 2012 - 01:59 PM

It would be nice to price DLCs and special equipment.

On the other hand, it could be annoying to clash against someone with better equipment just because he CAN afford it.

I say price only speed-enhancing equips and assorted eye-candy like different HUDs and paint. And of course, the DLCs should be handsomely priced, for all the time the devs put into this game.

#58 StaticSignal

StaticSignal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted September 17 2012 - 03:32 PM

I would pay $59.99 for the game right now. RIGHT NOW.

#59 MadMike

MadMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationWhere it snows and melts

Posted September 17 2012 - 05:20 PM

Even though I know I'm going to love this game, they ARE giving me the option to try before I buy and I appreciate that so I'm going to hold them up to that offer...then spend countless pennies.
MadMike | Steam: (ask me!) | Wii U: madmikev2 | 3DS: 3823-8695-8435
SuperDuoBros. channel: http://www.youtube.c...uoBros/featured | UYA Gamers: http://steamcommunit...roups/uyagamers

#60 VitaminK

VitaminK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted September 18 2012 - 03:31 AM

If it can come with pre-order incentives I'd be willing to pay anywhere from 15-30$ dollars max. That being said it would be very likely for me down the road  to pay for a few more aesthetic things or what not that would most likely total in around 20$.

I always try and support games I really like and this keeps looking like its going to be one of those.

My only problem with f2p is sometimes you end up paying WAY more then the average games just because of microtransactions etc and if that is going to end up being the case then I would DEFINITELY rather just pay 50-60$ upfront and just have everything unlocked.

Interested in joining a clan_ Visit this thread here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users