HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How Do You Intend To Play_

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: What sort of mech will you have_ (463 member(s) have cast votes)

What sort of mech will you have_

1. Big guns and heavy armor baby! (73 votes [17.14%])

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

2. Fast mech, fast guns, pick 'em off one at a time. (154 votes [36.15%])

Percentage of vote: 36.15%

3. I play recon, boom-cockpitshot_ (66 votes [15.49%])

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

4. Spray and pray all the way, plus some decent protection and I'm good. (31 votes [7.28%])

Percentage of vote: 7.28%

5. A little of this, a little of that = Rocketlaunchingmachinegunningmechofdoom! (102 votes [23.94%])

Percentage of vote: 23.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 08:35 PM

As of now, information has been released indicating 3 classes and quite a few interchangeable weapons. So how do you intend to play_ Will you be a big, brutish mech with big guns and even bigger-_ How about something light and agile, sniping or small skirmishes to wear down the enemy_ Thought about something in between_

#2 TMRNetShark

TMRNetShark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 09:26 PM

Spray and pray. I find it the coolest because I'm essentially putting a wall of bullets in your direction. That, and I think it's really dramatic from an upward angle of the mech with empty bullet casings falling from the ejection port. :)
"We use the whole bullet, that's 65% more bullet per bullet!"

#3 NaloaC

NaloaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 01:47 AM

A little bit of everything I reckon.

I like up close and personal with spray and pray or a good shotgun/flak, but sometimes getting that sweet AM/Sniper shot then closing in for the kill is fun.

It's definately going to depend on the map and how I feel like playing. Then again, if I could strap 2 gatling cannons on, I'll be a happy little mecha-pilot  :lol:

#4 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 03:59 AM

My comfort zone lies in the perfect balance between mobility and protective armor. I tend to use one medium-ranged weapon as a crutch, with a secondary serving as more of an experimental variable on the battlefield. In terms of playstyle, I prefer the "Bird of Prey" approach. I'll take to the canopies of the concrete jungles and hunt those I deem vulnerable.  :twisted:

#5 Dem

Dem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 04:23 AM

The bigger the better right_  A heavy mech with some super powerful rocket launcher or something is what you'll see me doing 8-)

#6 Qwet

Qwet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationmesa AZ

Posted April 20 2011 - 10:04 AM

hmm i like playing things that would surprise people say for instance light weight but heavy hitting people may think oh easy target but get to close and you'll go boom.

so id be something of a jack of all trades. i would want to play many combinations to get a feel for what weapons and mech classes i like though.

#7 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 02:07 PM

Oh, forgot to say mine... BOOM-COCKPITSHOT(_)!(_)!(_)!(_)!(_)!(_)!(_)

#8 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 07:32 PM

"Rocketlaunchingmachinegunningmechofdoom!"

I think this about sums it up.
Naraklok

#9 BigFriedBomb

BigFriedBomb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 26 2011 - 11:09 PM

To put it as exactly as I can....

MOAR DAKKA!!!!!

:P

#10 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 31 2011 - 01:38 PM

We mech mechanics play a tactical game always sniping. Runing the mill and flying is not a wise strategy. However I depend on speed and precision for survival.

#11 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted December 31 2011 - 02:42 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

We mech mechanics
If your title is any indication, does that mean I'll usually find you in the repair mode quite often_ Let's hope the love of your craft doesn't get you killed on the battlefield, Cupcake  friend. ;)

#12 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted January 02 2012 - 08:57 AM

lavalamp1138 said:

Mech Mechanic said:

We mech mechanics
If your title is any indication, does that mean I'll usually find you in the repair mode quite often_ Let's hope the love of your craft doesn't get you killed on the battlefield, Cupcake  friend. ;)

You hav'ta go there....:-/...

Let see how your words serves you in the battlefield... :P

And my arena is PC.... ;)

#13 Lev_Astov

Lev_Astov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted January 04 2012 - 12:54 PM

I've always appreciated the tactical heavy style.  I'll be causing as much trouble as I can then ducking behind a building to repair/lure people into traps.  I'll die a lot, but I'll take a lot more people with me as I always do.

I'm really hoping for a game mode where you respawn.

#14 MadMike

MadMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationWhere it snows and melts

Posted September 17 2012 - 05:18 PM

I like to explore every possible play style when it comes to a game, but my favorite is being that swift gnat that keeps rushing around you pelting you with bullets!
MadMike | Steam: (ask me!) | Wii U: madmikev2 | 3DS: 3823-8695-8435
SuperDuoBros. channel: http://www.youtube.c...uoBros/featured | UYA Gamers: http://steamcommunit...roups/uyagamers

#15 Mindtroverted

Mindtroverted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 03:07 AM

I`d prefer a swift, agile mech with a powerful, almost-one-hit-kill weapon. I`d enrage an enemy and quickly retreat, position myself steadily and wait until he gets close enough so I can get a decent shot, then fire a single bullet, leaving the guy vulnerable to light attacks by other parties while I`d be swiftly on my way to somewhere else carried on the winds of the enormous recoil that sniper gun would have.

#16 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationbehind slenderman

Posted September 18 2012 - 10:41 AM

im gonna wait and see how everything handles. that way i can figure out what i'm good at, what i WANT to be good at, and what clicks with me. then i'm probably going to try to make sure i can play a little bit of everything, that way i can adapt as we need it. my flexibility in team fortress 2 makes me pretty helpful, i'd like to be able to do that here, as well.
Posted Image

#17 BB089v2

BB089v2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted September 18 2012 - 11:20 AM

I prefer Sniping. Long, drawn out battles can get annoying. However, I do like to change it up a bit to keep things more interesting. Hardcore Sniping, the act of sniping without staying in one position for longer than 30 seconds.
Posted Image

#18 Flamel

Flamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'll definitely try out the different mechs, but I typically go for medium. I feel a little too clunky with the heavy mech, and I like the protection and mobility of the medium. We'll have to see how it goes though, as I'm fairly new to Hawken :)

#19 BillyFB

BillyFB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 03:42 PM

As always the main concern is balance, as for me I'm a semi-sniper guy, just give-me a slow rate accurate machine gun and a heavier shotgun like or missile launcher type for high damage close combat, and I'll be ready to face the world! I don't do compromise and like to always have options.

#20 FirstSgtDan

FirstSgtDan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, SP - Brazil

Posted September 19 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'd go for some kind of specialized mech. If I could, I'd specialize in rockets and missiles only, a mech like that would have problems in CQB but could be pretty annoying at mid and mid-short-range... In a logical theory.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users