HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Fortified turret mode

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Hotel6

Hotel6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationViệt Nam, HCMC.

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:35 AM

Turret mode + 2 sabot shot = __
it's too weak, trade off your mobility for nothing, it's can even stand a stock assault rifle.

#22 Husky

Husky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostHotel6, on November 11 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

it's too weak, trade off your mobility for nothing, it's can even stand a stock assault rifle.

I agree turret mode is just too weak.
Posted Image

Dat Husky...

#23 Hotel6

Hotel6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:56 AM

View PostHusky, on November 11 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

trust me bro, it's even get worse when you have entered turret mode and you have to face a Berseker. Instadeath confirmed :P

#24 Antares

Antares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted November 11 2012 - 09:51 AM

What D2Face says it's quite interesting. While in numbers it's maybe pretty powerfull, the facts speaks for themself.

But i'll need to give the turret another try, that's for sure.
Enter those with the vision to create and the daring to release  their creations.

#25 Husky

Husky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostHotel6, on November 11 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

View PostHusky, on November 11 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

trust me bro, it's even get worse when you have entered turret mode and you have to face a Berseker. Instadeath confirmed :P

Hah that's true small bastards with their EMPs and their circling I can't keep up
Posted Image

Dat Husky...

#26 Quidius

Quidius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostAntares, on November 10 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Well, I just want to give my feedback with this one.

The "special power" of the heavy mechs it's kinda neat when playing in teamwork, but leave the mech itself with a few disadvantages.

The lack of mobility it's understandable, but we can't use items also. In comparision, the fortified turret it's the less powerfull of all mech's powers. All of them do not have a throwback, except the fortified turret.

Now, i not pretend to say that we need to be flying fortress or whatever, but in one vs one with any mech, it's far more convenient to stay in our normal form from the get go, the amount of armour just isn't enough when the enemy mech is dodging ALL of our shots while he (or she) is hitting us with all of them.

What is my suggestion_ Or either  make the mech "innmunne" to certain effects (EMP, for example), or add some heavy resistance to the mech, or add the option to use items while we are in that mode.

As always, sorry for my bad grammar, and thanks for reading!

most usless mode i never use this specialty at all. all it takes is 2 vs 1 and your done. atleast they need to make it a certain resistance to dmg from the front. like maybe making it immobile while deployed besides rotation like an actual turret. but then while in turret mode you get additional armor and additional resistance.

#27 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostD20Face, on November 10 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

EDIT:WAIT, YOU WERE IN ALPHA/CB1, do you still have your .inis_ You can check for us if you didn't manually delete them.
Of course I do. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#28 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm a little intrigued by these arguments on how massive the turret mode's benefits apparently are, because while by those numbers (~40% damage reduction) sound very impressive, that does not reflect my experience with the ability at all.

Put it this way: When I tried it for myself, I died very quickly while only being attacked from the front (Granted, I was very inexperienced with heavies when I tried, which is doubtlessly a significant factor). As for going up against it, while playing as a light mech I've encountered turreted heavies one on one maybe five or six times. I have not lost, and most of the time I didn't even need to resort to items.

As it is right now, I would agree with the consensus that turret mode is not a particularly effective ability. Especially given how, once you've switched into it, you're basically trapped in it unless you manage to kill all the people shooting at you.

#29 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm a little intrigued by these arguments on how massive the turret mode's benefits apparently are, because while by those numbers (~40% damage reduction) sound very impressive, that does not reflect my experience with the ability at all.

Put it this way: When I tried it for myself, I died very quickly while only being attacked from the front (Granted, I was very inexperienced with heavies when I tried, which is doubtlessly a significant factor). As for going up against it, while playing as a light mech I've encountered turreted heavies one on one maybe five or six times. I have not lost, and most of the time I didn't even need to resort to items.

As it is right now, I would agree with the consensus that turret mode is not a particularly effective ability. Especially given how, once you've switched into it, you're basically trapped in it unless you manage to kill all the people shooting at you.

#30 Hotel6

Hotel6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:36 PM

If you face a heavy in turret mode, just give dem a EMP charge
you know what happend next

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users