HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Platform Preference

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
237 replies to this topic

Poll: Platform Preference (449 member(s) have cast votes)

Platform Preference

1. PC (192 votes [77.42%])

Percentage of vote: 77.42%

2. PS3 (17 votes [6.85%])

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

3. Xbox 360 (39 votes [15.73%])

Percentage of vote: 15.73%

Vote

#221 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 18 2012 - 08:24 PM

Personal Computer, is there even any other way_ Unreal 4 is supposed to be too powerful for any current console to run anyway.They need to either make better consoles or make the engine worse, and I'm not willing to sacrifice the quality of PC gaming so that people silly enough to believe that consoles are superior can be catered to.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#222 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:13 PM

Completely agreed.

To be honest, the same old motherfucking consoles (PuSS 3, 360,  WiiU) can simply FU.CK OFF.

Edited by MechMechanic, September 18 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#223 beowuff

beowuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:22 PM

Prefer Mac. Otherwise PC. Played really well with a keyboard and mouse at PAX.
Posted Image  Eh, what's up, doc_  

#224 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 04:57 AM

Yes indeed. This game is the door for the next generation. It is fair on graphics doing a great job artistically. It is amazing in the game play and it should be polished on PC alone. Once the game creates the fan base only then the game will be ready to make the jump on the new consoles.

The current ones are old, has no sufficient ram, the graphic card inside the 360 is extremely weak and old. Developers will end up cutting corners of their game. Hawken will loose a lot of grace if it is ported on the current consoles and the WiiU. It should stay on PC and evolve there.

Once the game is tested and proved, then the game should jump to the next generation. It's inevitable to see it on the new consoles. I would love to see it having a great success on the new hardware. Hawken should enjoy the wealth of being a sounding franchise like Halo for PC.

I think Hawken and Planet Side II gave a good vibe for PC gaming. It was deeply needed during these years of scarcity.

KUDOS to Adhesive.

#225 AudibleSilence5

AudibleSilence5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 05:39 AM

As many people have said already, PC's tend to be better than consoles when it comes down to details, like depth of field or motion blur, and because this game showcases such features, I think it should come out for PC first to ensure quality, then to consoles. My only gripe with PC multiplayer gaming is that so much of a player's game depends on the quality of the equipment he or she has. You could have the best player in the world, give him or her a regular 800dpi mouse, and a machine that support only the lowest setting of graphics and no headset, and suddenly, where did all that skill go_

One of my favorite things about consoles is that there is, for the most part, standardized hardware across all 360's or PS3's. Also, since this game is a mech-based shooter, not a human-based shooter, people shouldn't be able to turn around in a quarter of a second like they can in other games, seeing at how realistic of an approach the game is taking. I could see a mech's controls very akin to a gamepad. Also, consoles do not get the problem of hardware compatibility. If it plays on one PS3, it should work on all PS3 consoles, unlike PC where devs have to make certain that it will work across a broad range of graphics cards and the like.

I would like to see the game come out for all platforms, but would like a PC release first, just to ensure that the most extreme graphics get toned down instead of having decent graphics get turned up. Even better would be waiting on the console to release and packaging it with the next generation of consoles, instead of toning it down for older ones.

Edited by AudibleSilence5, September 19 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#226 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:48 AM

'AudibleSilence5'  My only gripe with PC multiplayer gaming is that so much of a player's game depends on the quality of the equipment he or she has. You could have the best player in the world, give him or her a regular 800dpi mouse, and a machine that support only the lowest setting of graphics and no headset, and suddenly, where did all that skill go_

You obviously don't believe on the words contained in that bait. I'm sure of that.

People with crappy machines and low res are amazing players. It depends on your skill despite the hardware configuration. If you have a bad provider then you are on a disadvantage. It's the skill you provide to the game not the hardware in it.

"One of my favorite things about consoles is that there is, for the most part, standardized hardware across all 360's or PS3's."

Equal SKU always are for those who are cheap unable to purchase better hardware. The problem with the standard is the impairment of having progress, modifications, improvements and increments of details. Current consoles suck since the ram is 512 Mb and 256 for the PS3 and the 360. The connectivity is awful and there's no option for dedicated servers. This game should be available for the next set of consoles not the current antiques.  

"I could see a mech's controls very akin to a gamepad. Also, consoles do not get the problem of hardware compatibility."

Disagree.

http://www.mechadama...wken_mekfu1.jpg

The disadvantage against a PS3 stick is way too obvious.

"If it plays on one PS3, it should work on all PS3 consoles, unlike PC where devs have to make certain that it will work across a broad range of graphics cards and the like."

PS3 and 360 is a reminiscent technology. It's actually eight years old. You may bait with a better argument. This one is hard to believe. Besides why I should spend energies formatting a game for eight years into the past when I have current tools that makes cheaper the development. Adhesive is a small team. They don't have time to gimp and optimize the game for eight years old hardware.

Edited by MechMechanic, September 19 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#227 Bewitched

Bewitched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:50 AM

I choose not to take sides, really, since I game where I can with what I can. I follow games, not platforms.

Edited by Bewitched, September 19 2012 - 07:51 AM.

"The SDR-5V Spider introduces the Inner Sphere to the future of battlefield fleeing. Blasts, barrages, or bombardments; when running isn't good enough, be good enough to Run Big."
~Zack Parsons of SomethingAwful, Dorkiest Mechs of 3025

#228 Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:53 AM

Uhlala PC for sure!

Posted Image

My blog-> MELODIC-MISSILES

#229 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 08:00 AM

'Bewitched' timestamp'

"I choose not to take sides, really, since I game where I can with what I can. I follow games, not platforms."

The instant you pick a keyboard/mouse and a PC you inevitable take a side. Simple as that.

#230 Wargod

Wargod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 08:14 AM

I would have to say PS3 or PC.

#231 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostWargod, on September 19 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

I would have to say PS3 or PC.

PC.

If you put the game on a PS3 you have to gimp it. Then the whole game suffers in content, graphics and game play.

Sidenote:
I love bait accounts. <3.

Edited by MechMechanic, September 19 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#232 Etherict

Etherict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 08:34 AM

PC for me, since it's what I have to work with.

#233 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:36 AM

Who dug this topic up and why has it not been locked yet_ Nothing good ever comes out of these, just flamewars.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#234 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:18 AM

PC, preferrably Linux. fuzzy bunny the outdated consoles, they held gaming back for long enough.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#235 Bewitched

Bewitched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostAshfire908, on September 19 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Who dug this topic up and why has it not been locked yet_ Nothing good ever comes out of these, just flamewars.
Indeed. Plus, I figured some people were going to come out and say things the way I did, going "I really don't care, I follow games if I can" but it doesn't look like that kind of thread, does it_
"The SDR-5V Spider introduces the Inner Sphere to the future of battlefield fleeing. Blasts, barrages, or bombardments; when running isn't good enough, be good enough to Run Big."
~Zack Parsons of SomethingAwful, Dorkiest Mechs of 3025

#236 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have the Nostromo, and the Naga on my PC so that pretty much sums it up for me. But my PS3, and 360 are in the bedroom so you never know when I may want to kick back in my bed and kick some fuzzy bunny. So I may go multi platform eventually.
Posted Image

#237 BiO

BiO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTgz, Chis.

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:54 AM

PC all the way!

Edited by BiO, September 19 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Laptop - MSI GT780DX | i7-2630QM | NVIDIA GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR5 | 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted Image

#238 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 12:06 PM

This poll's had a long enough run, so I think it's time to close it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users