HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions, things you want to see and ideas for Hawken

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 09:28 AM

Dear Hawken development team:

1. Bots, Sometimes we need practice alone for the matches. Not everybody is in the mood to play online.

2. Perks, those were shown in the video like the battle cruiser firing missiles at one of the players. Find ways to add different perks like that one.

3. Flying. One of the best ideas for the mechs. Focus on different attachments for the aerial player like a mech pod attachment for the mech with weapons in it.

4. Variety of game play. Some stages allows flying throughout large cityscapes, others are just for land battles without the use of jet packs or wing strapped armors.

5. Activity in the war scenario like a raging battle going on or an invasion of some sort or climatic events like quakes or tornadoes. That activity must have an impact on the game play match. You can get killed or hunted down if you are not in the right spot. External unexpected events gives unpredictability on the matches.

I know it's easy to ask with my word hole....:P

But my expectations are too hight after what I saw on those videos. The game looks too good to be true.

#2 IV Lucidity

IV Lucidity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 09:59 AM

I'd like to see a very in depth customization, and an 8v8 big team battle game type.
I come from The Flood.

#3 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted April 22 2011 - 10:11 AM

I think the dev's addressed this in another thread, but variety is the spice of life. I'd love the see big battles (8v8, 12v12) but not at the expense of of map variety. Tight, urban hit-n-run maps, maps with large elevation changes (mountain/valley), rolling hills/sand dune open maps for more stategic play. I think the previous thread i saw mentioned 7 maps (_) and hinted at variety outside the urban jungle shown in the vid clip.

#4 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 10:27 AM

This may come in handy.

http://conceptrobots.blogspot.com/

I think one of the artists for this game posted some pictures. Don't remember...

#5 Huginn

Huginn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 10:50 AM

In my opinion customizable kill streak perks are the worst thing you can do to kill the fun of an FPS. Once a person has made enough kills they are given an option to artificially increase their kill count or points. Looking at other games, quite a few of the kill-streak perks take almost no skill to use. Character perks like longer running or increased armor are fine because they only enhance your skill, unlike a random cannon volley or bombing run. For an example of a balanced system, take a look at MAG for the PS3. I am not going to refuse to play Hawken if they do implement a COD style perk system, but IN MY OPINION it would be a mistake to include kill-streak perks.

#6 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 11:00 AM

Wait....No kill streaks, of course. I don't want by any means suggest the approach of Infinity Ward in this game.

The idea is horrid. Look what happened with those team boosters in Modern Warfare 2. There are many ways to implement special attacks where the player must use his own skills.

#7 MisterWiddle

MisterWiddle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 12:34 PM

So far my biggest hope for this game is a vastly customizable mech-creation system.
Not only does it add a personal spin of strategy on the game, but it feels like you're battling with your mech. After playing a game like Phantom Crash, that feeling has been something of a standard for me.

Some form of a clan system would be really neat, you could have something of a clan leader, maybe some ranks within, or maybe no ranks to differentiate players at all. But these clans could have some sort of insignia/mech color and then battle against other clans to earn more clan prestige_ I struggle with thinking of benefits to this though.

I'm not sure how I would approach the idea of earning experience or money as you play. It would add to the game if done correctly I think; players earning more money/experience depending on how high the rank of the mech they just killed was_ Maybe the higher the rank, the more weapons were available for purchase from the money earned by doing well in-game_ I'm trying hard to avoid the hypothetical-higher-ranked players grossly overpowering the lesser ranks. Matchmaking system_... I don't know how I would feel about that.

I really detest the idea of this becoming a COD-alike, not suggesting it would have though. Its inevitable that it could share some parallels though, which isn't necessarily a negative factor.

#8 NECRO1

NECRO1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 02:47 PM

I'm sure all those fine gents at Adhesive are kicking themselves in the ass for releasing a video only 9 months into development.  As soon as they opened the forums it is flooded with demands over what you happen to think would make this game better.  

They see this post and go "Oh shit, lets get right on that!"  Peh.

Hawken development team_!  It's 9 guys.  Cut them some slack.

#9 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 03:15 PM

NECRO said:

I'm sure all those fine gents at Adhesive are kicking themselves in the ass for releasing a video only 9 months into development.  As soon as they opened the forums it is flooded with demands over what you happen to think would make this game better.  

They see this post and go "Oh shit, lets get right on that!"  Peh.

Hawken development team_!  It's 9 guys.  Cut them some slack.

They opened the forums to hear our opinions. We are just doing our role. The idea of a forum is to interchange opinions. Their judgment and our judgment are different and so are the interpretation of their work. The idea of destining our ideas on a digital board gives them information on how we perceive their game.

#10 UltimatePizza1

UltimatePizza1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 04:14 PM

i agree, in-depth customization is essential. i'd like to see a system where you can create your own custom classes, with lots of options or "perks" such as more energy for the jetpacks or whatever it is that makes the mechs fly, higher-caliber bullets, more ammo, etc. as somebody said earlier on this post, there shouldn't be killstreaks or "free kills" such as summoning a ship that rains down missiles on your enemy. if anything, those ships should be used as a sudden death.

#11 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 04:32 PM

I watched the video twice.

Finally I understood what the developers are doing. The perks are very different. You simply activate a turret, a radar or a device placing a bombardment or a missile targeting on any target that roams that specific part of the map.

Perks are more like devices you activate in the map giving some partial advantage. If another mech shut down your activation the support will no longer be there for you. The idea seems perfect. Besides that is my interpretation of the video.

The idea of "perks" or the way developers introduce the support to any particular player makes more sense. You have to defend the switch activation exposing you to more danger. That idea makes more sense to me than a particular "kill streak" reward.

Something I missed in the previous post are the movable turrets. The sentry guns are fixed to a specific area. I think the flavor of this game is very strategic. It should walk the fine line between action and deep strategy. It's the right combination.

#12 iiDeadSeriousii

iiDeadSeriousii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 06:35 PM

Perks in FPS are useful because they provide this  out of game context explanation as to why your character can run longer or why he has more health. BUT, this is a mech game. There's no need to attach perks such as "Juggernaut"...instead you pick the heavier mech. Perks and killstreaks are great in the few games they're meant to be used in, but when you see them in the wrong games that's when they start getting really annoying.

#13 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted April 23 2011 - 01:51 AM

I would love to see a mode that resembles Future Cop LAPD's Precinct Assault.

Although, it seems that's just what we're gonna get.

#14 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 03:26 AM

Jack Dandy said:

I would love to see a mode that resembles Future Cop LAPD's Precinct Assault.

Although, it seems that's just what we're gonna get.

You don't know how much truth you have on your words. Future Cop LAPD's Precint seems to be a precedent for their design. However we are speaking of a major leap in graphics and game play.

I'm a bit worried to think of this as a re skinning of an Unreal III glorified mod.  I don't want to have the feeling of playing Unreal 3. Besides the game was great but this is a mech game. It must feel, act and immerse you in a different way than Unreal III.

#15 HammerheadII

HammerheadII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 07:31 AM

Night Battles & story mode  :D

PS: This Game Looks Awesome

#16 Skeptic1

Skeptic1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 03:44 PM

This is absolutely SICK!  Definitely the sexiest game I've ever seen.

It looks perfect as is, but there are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing:

Large scale siege maps
Non-mech vehicles (jetbikes, mech transports, tanks)
A game mode based on CTF (but without flags)
Grappling hooks
Posted Image

#17 remote

remote

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 05:23 PM

I just hope that this will be available on and integrated with Steam the day of its release, unless they decide to allow people to pay for early access Minecraft-style.  Generally all of my social videogame activities (on PC, at least) are coordinated through Steam these days and I'd love to play this with friends and folks from other forums I frequent.

Anyway, other than that I'm content to sit back and watch this game come to be.  I've been quite impressed with every video I've seen so far and I'm anxiously awaiting an opportunity to play it.

#18 psych0black

psych0black

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationchozo

Posted April 24 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'd love to see some support for the community in fully functional clan support day of launch as well as mod support to really allow this game to flourish and evolve. Ladders could be great also.

#19 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted April 24 2011 - 10:14 PM

Actually there is a killstreak that I want to see. It should give you a fire aura.

I'm on FIRE baby.

Mech Mechanic said:

I watched the video twice.

ONLY twice_
mecha srw anime vg gundam vocaloid touhou programming etc

#20 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 25 2011 - 01:16 PM

The customization should be:

1. weapons configuration.
2. armor shield.
3. Radar trackers.
4. Infra red vision.
5. Sentry emplacement.

The customization of body must be on the following:

1. Jet pack forward thrusters.
2. Jet pack multi directional thrusters.
3. Sliders.
4. Additional mounted gun.

Besides the customization should be simple enough to maintain a balance between simulation and fast paced action. The game did an amazing balance between the mech Warrior audience, Unreal III gamers and armored core audience. It should remain on that balance.

On stage suggestions:

Battles in space similar to Shattered Horizon with no gravity.
Battles on flying cruisers
Battles on flying fortresses
Battles on ancient ruins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users