HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions, things you want to see and ideas for Hawken

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted April 25 2011 - 06:03 PM

@Mech Mechanic

Ok 3 things.

I dunno what u mean by radar trackers. Like you tag someone and now they are on the radar permanently_ If so that would be cool.

Not sure what you mean by sliders. Like how Wanzers roll on the ground in Front Mission_ If so that would be cool 2.

No.. gravity_ Lol. Whaaaaat_!_

Let's not even get into that territory for now.
mecha srw anime vg gundam vocaloid touhou programming etc

#22 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted April 25 2011 - 06:27 PM

For robot customization, I'm praying for something along the lines of Armored Core (ca. Armored Core 3, AC3: Silent Line, and AC: The Last Raven).  You can pick and choose pieces of your 'Mech like boosters, power generators, defensive countermeasures (i.e light radar jammers, missile interception systems (Chaff), or shields), legs, and torsos.  Having customization deeper than just what guns sit on your chassis and a paint job would be fantastic.  It adds enough depth for numbers-freaks and it allows for more finite competition and avoids "cookie-cutter" machines that would otherwise litter the game, but there are drawbacks to going with a system like this.  You would still risk cookie-cutter builds if you don't allow enough depth in what parts will do to mechs.  You could also risk having exploitable builds that would be very hard to compete against (such as the always-unfair "Missile Boats" that plagued Armored Core 3).  The trick with deep customization like this is purely on numbers, features, and how deep the customization actually goes.

Overall game features_  I'd obviously like to see a single-player component, even if it's just target practice with bots or just "training missions" to start with.

Here's hoping for more, but that's a good start.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#23 KingLordOfMaster

KingLordOfMaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 25 2011 - 06:39 PM

Being able to paint your hull!

They did a great job with this over at Cosmic Break. I'd love to see something like that in this game, I'd love to have a persona logo on the side of my cockpit

#24 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted April 25 2011 - 11:03 PM

Tram said:

Cosmic Break

:<

I wasted my time with that game.

#25 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted April 26 2011 - 01:12 AM

I fucking LOVE VOTOMS/Front Mission style roller-dashes. I already saw some of it in the trailer, and I only hope they'll use it properly and expand on it.

Also, Precinct Assault-style mode with robotic drones to help you out. Hey, a guy can dream, right_  :lol:

#26 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted April 26 2011 - 01:25 AM

Jack Dandy said:

I fucking LOVE VOTOMS/Front Mission style roller-dashes. I already saw some of it in the trailer, and I only hope they'll use it properly and expand on it.

Also, Precinct Assault-style mode with robotic drones to help you out. Hey, a guy can dream, right_  :lol:

That makes 2 of us.

#27 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 26 2011 - 04:29 AM

i don't like the idea of sliders, i rather like the fact that the mechs have to stop around on foot for the most part, rather than zipping around on skates

but i do like deep as hell customization.  The only thing should be that everything has an advantage and a drawback.  everything.  No matter how badass a piece of gear is, there should still be a reason to use the cheaper models under it.  Last thing we need is a customization system that ends up getting abused by those math prone douchebags that see customization systems like math problems that they must solve, resulting in everyone using the same 3 or 4 hyper efficient variants out of millions of possible combos.

i.e. like the mechwarrior player types that played in nothing but LRM boats, and er ppc/gauss/largelaser jumpsnipers/hillhumpers with no leg armor, then whined furiously when you legged them.
Mech time all the time

#28 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 05:11 AM

" math prone douchebags"

ROFLMMAO.

I forgot about those. The problem of those analysts is that they exist. I'm one of them. I study mathematics and physics. All for me is reduced to an algorithm of some sort. For better or worst every decision over a finite set of decisions you can choose an optimum set of pieces for your machine. Everything in engineering works that way. Optimization, maximality, minimization are the fundamentals of any devised tool.

Yes a custom system can deteriorate the purpose of this game. It's  an idea I like but the gane will change in a very drastic way. That imply a table of measured equilibrium between the permutations and combinations and balancing. The matrix construction of that table is hard to establish. The team of adhesive games is to small. A simple balancing table takes a lot of time for perfect calibration. There are basic equations for balancing but the implementation can turn the game into something else.

However the game as it is is perfect enough for a try out. But this could stink as another modified unreal III level with mechs of the game is not carefully designed.

The official suggestion is to let the team work in their conceptualization. We want to play test the game and then suggest with foundations. We know this, we love to word our dreams here but if we adjust all the suggestions here the game could turn into something few of us don't want. I like what the team showed us. The next step is to play the damn thing and see if the game really deserves serious development. Im sure it does of course but we need to PLAY it.

#29 Katastrovic

Katastrovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 09:46 AM

The game looks very promising. A few ideas for the team play mode similar to RPG team tournaments:

Choose roles:  

BIG PAPA - Large HP pool. Does mostly lower damage, large AoE such as EMP bombs to temporarily disable, ice to slow, plasma to melt, magnetic grip for focused recovery of damaged team members, etc. Can also clear debris to expose enemy and move large objects to create bottlenecks and/or barracades.

The Mech Mech - Moderate HP pool. Provides tactical support and repair functions to the team. AoE radar for team members within range. Can produce sentry bots, repair bots, specialized ammunition, set traps, use downed enemy mech parts to upgrade team, etc.

The Killer Bees - Low HP. This small, quick unit does high single-target damage. It has no AoE or CC function.  Energy reserves replenish faster when fighting within the AoE range of the Mech Mech.

The Jarhead - Moderate HP. Average speed. Has limited self-repair and on-board radar so it is durable if separated from team. It also has moderate AoE, CC and single target damage capabilities making it a well-rounded unit.

#30 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted April 26 2011 - 10:29 AM

Personally, I am hoping to NOT see highspeed rushes ala Front Mission Evolved/AC series. I've never liked the concept of a multi-ton mech having near instant acceleration. In my opinion, it's too unrealistic, and removes most if not all strategy from battles.  What's the point in setting ambushes and team coordination if the other player(s) can insta-jet out of trouble_

#31 vesper1

vesper1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 02:37 PM

- I'd love to see a good implementation of non-lethal weapons (scramblers, EMP, glue-bombs) that would make the game much more tactical, and probably make people more cautious about jumping head-first into combat. Of course, if that doesn't make sense for what the devs are aiming for, no need to have it there ;-)

- Mentioned elsewhere, the ability to use my own music as background.

- A nice clan/battle system, perhaps similar to what is being worked on for World of Tanks_ http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Clan_Wars

- A game mode that requires something else than shooting (no idea what it could be - an obstacle course race, perhaps_), so that I could practice piloting without pesky people trying to kill me 100% of the time ;D

- Traps and trap detection (nothing lethal, more crippling or slowing down/freezing)

- Good voice/keyboard comms for the team from day 1, without the need of resorting to Mumble/Teamspeak, etc. - if I am to fight with random strangers on my team, I want to be able to communicate with them easily

- A bit more of the background/universe of the game - and hell, if you don't have the time to do it yourself, ask the fans and choose the things you like most ;D
Recruiting to the Bad Luck XIII Hawken Clan - interested_ Send me a PM.
[almost there...] http://hawkenwiki.net/ (all hail Ashfire908)

#32 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted April 26 2011 - 02:47 PM

@Dahdah325 & MechMechanic

When I said I liked mechs sliding, maybe I should have pointed out that I only like how it looks, but not as a gameplay element for this game.

If I want to slide around, I think I will play some AC or Front Mission, but Hawken definitely has a more realistic feel to it and sliding should be kept at just a small dash like how we have already seen in the gameplay trailer.

#33 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 26 2011 - 02:55 PM

vesper said:

- I'd love to see a good implementation of non-lethal weapons (scramblers, EMP, glue-bombs) that would make the game much more tactical, and probably make people more cautious about jumping head-first into combat. Of course, if that doesn't make sense for what the devs are aiming for, no need to have it there ;-)

- Mentioned elsewhere, the ability to use my own music as background.

- A nice clan/battle system, perhaps similar to what is being worked on for World of Tanks_ http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Clan_Wars

- A game mode that requires something else than shooting (no idea what it could be - an obstacle course race, perhaps_), so that I could practice piloting without pesky people trying to kill me 100% of the time ;D

- Traps and trap detection (nothing lethal, more crippling or slowing down/freezing)

- Good voice/keyboard comms for the team from day 1, without the need of resorting to Mumble/Teamspeak, etc. - if I am to fight with random strangers on my team, I want to be able to communicate with them easily

- A bit more of the background/universe of the game - and hell, if you don't have the time to do it yourself, ask the fans and choose the things you like most ;D

Catched my attention that new game mode, the trap concepts, the functional variety for team voice messages.. well, that would almost sum your entire post up then!. Lol. :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#34 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 26 2011 - 04:56 PM

oh hells yeah, definitely like the idea of tactical nonlethal niche weaponry and traps

Especially traps. I mean, they already are implementing turrets. would be neat if I could have some kind of prox. mine dispenser as an alternative, or different types of turrets, or remote sensors, or whatever.
Mech time all the time

#35 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 06:15 PM

Not saying this should be implemented but I think it would be sort of funny to having hacking/viruses that you could use against opponents. (Obviously this would probably break the game and I'm just throwing it out there for kicks).

#36 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted April 26 2011 - 06:48 PM

Zero said:

Not saying this should be implemented but I think it would be sort of funny to having hacking/viruses that you could use against opponents. (Obviously this would probably break the game and I'm just throwing it out there for kicks).

Well, I'm just putting 2 and 2 together here.. but someone was talking about an EMP sniper weapon in the one hit thread.

Well what about some type of directed energy weapon that could pretty much scramble an enemies on-board computers_ It could have a range of possible effects but it wouldn't do any physical damage. I think that would be pretty cool.

#37 Dem

Dem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 07:56 PM

Maybe something like what the cops in one of the Fast and Furious movies used on that one guys car to disable it, some kind of emp dart thing.  Could be something along the lines of an equipment type thing like in CoD and it would have a limited effect or duration.  That's what popped into my head at least.

#38 Skulo

Skulo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 08:49 PM

Radio Stations for teams to fight over so they can comunicate with each other  or Radio Jammers.

If u got ur hand in Chromehounds u know wut I talking about .

#39 Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 10:58 PM

"Reactor online, Sensors online, weapons online;
All systems nominal"
"Targeted"
"Core meltdown immanent,
Core meltdown immanent; shutting down"
"Danger, ERPPC"

#40 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted June 13 2011 - 08:20 AM

I have been putting my list together for some time now (some of those got confirmed already but will list them anyway);

a) please no flying mechs, flying is good for jet fighters not mechs
B) overheat on weapons and jump jets
c) limited ammo for weapons please, I could stand somehow unlimited ammo for some laser/energy weapons but not projectile weapons
d) please don't make some all-mighty lock-on weapons like missiles etc. that will require no aiming
e) think about some melee weapons
f) I would like to see more variety in design of mechs so that almost everyone could find smth for himself, I mean more mechs to choose from per each weight category
g) add some customization of mechs so we could change some parts, weapons, backpacks, camouflage types, colours
h) think about some stuff that players can unlock with time and use in game later, smth worthwhile and useful(mech parts, weapons, backpacks, gadgets, camouflage types, etc.)
i) this is very important, don't show health bars in multiplayer game, ppl will always go after those almost dead enemies no matter what, easy victory, ppl should never ever know how much HP enemies have
j) I really hope that maps will not be like arenas or copy pasted mirror type maps but will be presenting some let's say "actual" place, like for example maps from Battlefield games,
http://www.battlefie...cba.pl/mapy.htm
k) hope to see some in game communication options apart from voice chat(never liked to use voice chat anyway), something simple, push the button and choose what to "say" of few options, for example - "Help!", "Need repairs!", "Enemy in sight!"
l) limb-damage system, torso, arms, legs
m) after release can some of the community created content(maps, mechs etc.) after a little check up and approval by dev team of Hawken get implemented into game officially with some official patch_ that is not so unusual like it seems, I saw smth like this happen with Battlefield 2142 and Dogfighter  

Just to be sure I will mention few really obvious things, while creating a game I must be able to select whatever map I want, also players should be able to join a team they want + there should be option to invite friends to game. Hope players will be able to join games already in progress.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users