HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

[PSA] Glitched turret deployment being abused

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:19 PM

Speaking of turrets, if you deploy one on top of an EU delivery inlet it can't be activated. This happened in the base I was designated in a game of Siege. I wasn't entirely sure if another player had managed to get past the turrets and place one down though.

#22 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 13 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostSnoof, on November 13 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

The turrets are "harmless" if you know what youre doing, so much QQ about this when all it take is just dodging to the side once you hear the turret pre-spin/fire the rocket, and the turret loses the tracking, i mean is it really THAT hard_
Besides the fact that people are sticking turrets in the terrain so they can't be seen, there is another problem.

All you have to do to use a turret, is hit a key.
It takes literally no skill to use them and even using them intelligently even takes minimal effort.
At the moment, they are too effective for how little skill it takes to use them.

Once again, Asian, your comments wrinkle my brain. It's been a while since we had a "EMP IS OP" thread. You should jump on that.

#23 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostBRASH, on November 13 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 13 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostSnoof, on November 13 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

The turrets are "harmless" if you know what youre doing, so much QQ about this when all it take is just dodging to the side once you hear the turret pre-spin/fire the rocket, and the turret loses the tracking, i mean is it really THAT hard_
Besides the fact that people are sticking turrets in the terrain so they can't be seen, there is another problem.

All you have to do to use a turret, is hit a key.
It takes literally no skill to use them and even using them intelligently even takes minimal effort.
At the moment, they are too effective for how little skill it takes to use them.
Once again, Asian, your comments wrinkle my brain. It's been a while since we had a "EMP IS OP" thread. You should jump on that.
Do you actually have something to add to the conversation, or are you just here to make snarky comments_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#24 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:12 PM

As long as arguments of no substance are made over non-issues, I will be here. To snark.

snark
snark
snark

#25 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:34 PM

I like how questioning the output of turrets (which is something the devs are looking at I believe, though I could be mistaken) given the fact that skill is basically a non-factor in their use is an argument of no substance.
I also like how going from full health to red in about a second from something that requires no player input is a non-issue
What's extra funny is the fact that you've added nothing to the thread, while accusing Asian of making no substantial points
Classy

Go troll somewhere else please.
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users