HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

what do you have to do to get a kill_

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 19 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 19 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

/snip

You are the only one ranting here. You can't seem to get it that "good aim" IS getting a head/chest or other vital area. That's what I was getting at. All games that do snipers well, you can and should get one shot kills. If you can't grasp that, then that's your problem.

The other point you aren't getting is that you don't need a head shot in Hawken, cause the head isn't necessarily the vital area.

I was the one you were raging at for me previous comments. I never said games were real...apperently you have some issues to deal with in real life though. So I won't be acknowledging you any further....have fun arguing with others though.

;)

Edited by Gestankfaust, November 19 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#42 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 19 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostGestankfaust, on November 19 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

You are the only one ranting here. You can't seem to get it that "good aim" IS getting a head/chest or other vital area. That's what I was getting at. All games that do snipers well, you can and should get one shot kills. If you can't grasp that, then that's your problem.
Actually, most of those games do snipers poorly
Slow movement+relatively open maps = easy sniping, especially when you add stupid fuzzy bunny like Quickscoping and Aim Assist
SMNC, Global Agenda, Tribes, Quake (Rail, not technically a sniper but fills the same role) etc. do snipers well. Some of them even include headshots, but none of them let you 1hk a target (with the exception of some iterations of Quake, where picking up a single health or armour powerup will push you out of 1hk range)
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#43 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 19 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostBeemann, on November 19 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostGestankfaust, on November 19 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Actually, most of those games do snipers poorly
Slow movement+relatively open maps = easy sniping, especially when you add stupid fuzzy bunny like Quickscoping and Aim Assist
SMNC, Global Agenda, Tribes, Quake (Rail, not technically a sniper but fills the same role) etc. do snipers well. Some of them even include headshots, but none of them let you 1hk a target (with the exception of some iterations of Quake, where picking up a single health or armour powerup will push you out of 1hk range)

I wasn't even including those games. I thought we'd be talking more about the Cod, Medal of Honor types. At least that what I meant when I said games that do snipers well. I guess it totally makes a difference when you include the Quake, Tribes, UT, and others. But Those games have odd hit boxes and specs imo. The old twitch vs technical types I guess_

Either way...my reply

Yeah...in any other FPS, one shot one kill as a sniper. You would have to aim bad not to get a 1 shot kill. I dunno how that applies here but....makes sense
Hardly needs a debate. Just my experience playing all types of FPS games. Having barely played the "twitch" type...I cannot speak for that genre.

#44 BernardWiseman

BernardWiseman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostSarkem, on November 12 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I refuse to grind to a level for a game to become fun, so I'm going to uninstall and maybe visit in a few months again. Until then, I'll enjoy some planetside 2 which you can jump in and be effective right out of the gate.

Yeah...you know what_ Tell me when you get those rocket pods.

#45 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:59 AM

Stop with the thread necromancy! This is the CBE2 archive. This isn't active anymore.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users