HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

32 players test was funtastic

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Metalo

Metalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:19 AM

last day event of those chaos and insanity 32 player maps was fantastic , lots of fun

i was expecting lag , but it was even better than normal 12 player base, in all the game modes it got tested :P

Edited by Metalo, November 14 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#2 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:14 AM

I have a different opinion on this

http://community.pla...v16/#entry91568

#3 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:42 AM

Lag was bad, but despite that I had tons of fun. 32 players lends itself well to a fast and frenetic game such as this.
Posted Image

#4 Metalo

Metalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostPursang, on November 14 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Lag was bad, but despite that I had tons of fun. 32 players lends itself well to a fast and frenetic game such as this.

there was lag but because all players from all regions joined  , i am at greece and joined there , no people on european servers at that time that i joined that was the reason that i found the servers too - switched to all regions to see if there are any games and discovered those 32 player servers , i joined west and east usa and i had a decent gameplay experience with decent lag , u would normally expect such a distance from the server to result an unbearable gameplay , but it wasnt

#5 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 02:25 AM

Aren't the maps entirely too small for that number of machines plonking about_

#6 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:05 AM

I enjoyed these matches a lot but the lag and slow down was quite bad at times.  Titan became too chaotic at the middle point of the map (the siege area or whatever it is called).

It would be really good if the technical issues could be sorted and larger maps were opened up for this number of players.

#7 Azdeath

Azdeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationevery where

Posted November 14 2012 - 03:29 AM

most maps it works 32 players some of the smaller "closed in " maps theres no room to move cant tell u how many times iv ben killed becouse i could not get over or around the 5 allys around me.. its alot exer to make kills "more people fireing" :}...over all if u turn down the grafix a smige theres no lagg and lots to shoot :} as a sharpshooter that likes to protect the rear it more likly u get to shoot at something in the 32 player maps... i loved them
azdeath is my name and its from d&d (i get az death alot its pronounced az,deth not death

#8 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 14 2012 - 04:32 AM

I have had no issues with lag and really enjoyed the amount of players in the game.

going back to 12 player games, the map feels slow and empty.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#9 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:49 AM

I didn't like them because it meant less people playing regular missile maps. I missed getting an easy 7k experience every 15 minutes in regular missile maps.

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:59 AM

I really dislike the Insanity matches.

Aside from the lag, it was just really spammy.
There was little consideration for smart tactics and thoughtful play, and just sort of a "CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE" mentality.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#11 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 14 2012 - 08:01 AM

32 player TDM is rather stupid, considering the lack of fixed team spawns. Its just a big group of mechs corralling another big group of mechs round and round.

Also that feel when your ally dashes in front of you when you fire a TOW.

I like 32 mechs on Missile Assault though. But its pretty awful when there's too many sharpshooters in the game. When you get focused fired upon by several sabots...  also they tend to camp a lot and not contribute to the point capturing.

#12 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 14 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

There was little consideration for smart tactics and thoughtful play, and just sort of a "CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE" mentality.

This. It doesn't matter if Kiwi plays intelligently and tricks people into running into missiles/grenades/whatever. There are 7 more people right behind that one. And 3 teammates blocking Kiwi's escape.

It also ran terribly for Kiwi, and he had turned down everything. It made the game less enjoyable because the matchmaking would only ever dump you into those games.
Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#13 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:08 AM

I had no issue out shining everyone in this mode too. :3 No lag issues nor anything of that sort. I was just mad that the insanity maps were in the match finder. It was the only game running because of that. Was out of people in regular modes after two days.

Posted Image

#14 ZeForte

ZeForte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:44 AM

I also didn't experience any more lag than on any other non-EU server although admittedly gameplay turned into "shoot and pray" within the bigger fights rather than the usual more tactical and dynamic gameplay.

#15 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 14 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

This.
Example game: got 1600 EU wich was the most EU collected and i've delivered only 900, why_
I'm running away from a Berserker in my Sharpshooter with a full EU tank, we're on Sahara SG and he's alone, chasing me through the valley from E2 to my base. Then suddenly, i see 5 "mates" on their way to E2. Guess what, they just passed by just milimeters from my arm not giving a fuzzy bunny ("fuzzy bunny" intended) about me and the guy chasing me. They just went straight into the enemy wainting for them behind the hill and died...

And that's how almost every "insanity" match looked for me, that and lag.

Edited by Sparkard, November 14 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#16 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:27 PM

Dude what the heck_ I didn't get to play AT ALL this weekend and i'm drooling at the idea of 32 man servers. I don't care what you guys say, having 20 missiles flying in all directions is just plain fun. If you want strategy stick to 12 man servers.
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users