HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Some things i noticed during the Beta...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 19 2012 - 08:49 AM

I run complete maxed settings at 1920x1080 when not streaming (including motion blur and AA). At those settings I generally get between 25 and 50 fps on titan. On Sahara I generally get between 60 and 100fps (Wide range is due to battles and such). When streaming I have to turn everything off and set it to low to get generally speaking, the same framerate.

Specs:
AMD FX 4170 Quad Core (Stock clock of 4.2ghz)
16gb DDR3@1600mhz
nVidia 660ti 2gb oc edition

Solid system and I haven't had any out of memory issues. That said, my brother has had issues with the out of memory and had to lower his resolution. (1gb amd 6850, don't remember system memory, but is at least 4gb, probably 8gb) After lowering his resolution, he hasn't had any issues, but he's only played 3-4 games, so it's yet to be seen as to how well the lower resolution works. Try that for the next beta and see if it crashes less is the only suggestion I can give.

(I think that game developers have started to use more then the standard of 1gb of video ram now. It kind of plateaued there for a few years now, but it's getting moved up to the 2gb mark for high end now. Even a few games back toward the GTA4 era used 2gb of video ram, Including GTA4 itself.)

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#22 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 18 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

That's what happens when one doesn't pay attention to who's posting. :P

I'd guess the only reason Hipnox (who is having the issue) is running out of VRAM is he's either pushing too much pixels/details/etc for his videocard. But without knowing what Hipnox's settings are, I can't tell.

Okay well I'm glad I'm not going blind then because I re-read this thread a few times trying to see if I had missed something then I was getting worried my system might be heading for problems as well lol. I'm not running a quad monitor setup or anything fancy like that but if a monster rig like that was being brought down then my beastly rig wouldn't have been far behind.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users