HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Platform / Balance / Account / Shop Upgrades & Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 19 2012 - 07:37 PM

I've been digesting Hawken for awhile now and I was trying to compile a detailed enough suggestion. Saturday date I was struck by what could be best described as a bolt of lightning. A sudden idea which really brought everything together for me -- and allowed me to think of a way to achieve these objectives:
  • Increase Game Revenue
  • Increase Player Diversity
  • Address Longevity Issues
  • Address Balance Issues
  • Retain the game's core mechanics
  • Introduce Meaningful Account Progression
Let's face it, the feedback for Hawken has been fixed. There have been firm supporters of the game and others who feel that it's very lacking --- regardless of the feedback the game has a solid 12.12.12 launch date and nothing is going to hinder that at this point. So understand the basis of this suggestion is for the future of the game beyond its launch.

I repeat: This suggestion is for Hawken post 12.12.12.

The suggestion has its own set of negatives as well. Regretfully, this suggestion calls for:
  • Radically altering how mechs are processed and purchased.
  • Completely redesigning the Platform, which is where you exist between games and manage your mechs.
  • Removing the League of Legends-style Tech Tree.
  • Removing certain boosters.
  • Increasing the need of Hawken Points but changes their use and income rate
  • Altering what Experience Points are for.
In order to organize this suggestion, I'm breaking it up into several segments, which requires:

Table of Contents

Edited by TemperWolf, November 19 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#2 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 19 2012 - 07:37 PM

Platform

The Platform is the space that exists between matches. It is the portion of the game where players can access the Options, View Matches, Manage their Garage, etc. But with this suggestion I'd like to introduce several alterations that will directly result of how players will manage their Hawken experience.

1. The Platform will allow players to enter the SHOP, MAIL SYSTEM, GARAGE, CAREER, and DEPLOY.
2. Players can also view Friends List, enter Chat Rooms, and view their current HAWKEN POINTS and METEOR POINTS.
3. Players will also receive news and information while browsing the platform.

The major differences that the platform will receive are addition of NOTIFICATIONS. These notifications will alert the player of new information available in the shop, garage, career, and friend lists. Due to the sheer amount of information that the players can potentially manage, these notifications can be toggled on or off via the options menu -- but are on by default.

Often Notifications can be deployed by Meteor Staff, but can also be created by other players who pay Meteor Points to have their Notification sent to all players.

Why would players want to PAY Meteor Points to send other players Notifications_
  • Advertise Clan Recruitment
  • Advertise Mechs for Sale (Explained Later)
  • Advertise Weapons for Sale (Explained Later)
  • Announce Events
Notification can only be purchased via Meteor Points, and much like a Newspaper Ad -- but put into a section for players to potentially review. The duration of the ad and it's quality will determine it's overall price in Meteor Points.
  • 1 Day Ad
  • 3 Day Ad
  • 7 Day Ad
  • 14 Day Ad

You'd be opening the floodgates for spammers and ghost accounts. No thanks.

Since Notifications must be purchased with Meteor Points they can be tracked. Furthermore, Notifications do not have to instantly appear on the screen in front of every player. They can be isolated to a portion of the screen which can be opened and expanded -- or permanently hidden.

Additionally, Scamming and/or Gold Farming is easily discouraged. First, there is no private Player to Player trading, so it is impossible to trade Hawken Points. Also, players cannot be Scammed as only Weapons and Mechs can be sold competitively. With Meteor providing a frame-work to price Mechs, there is a starting point to control prices. Also, players who are experienced can review the parts within the mechs or weapons before they are purchased!
  • Since Mech and Weapon prices can be high, it is doubtful new players will be able to be fooled by other players.
  • If messages become a problem, Ads purchased can utilize a pre-set text strings so players cannot freely write whatever they want.

< Return to top

Edited by TemperWolf, November 19 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#3 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 19 2012 - 07:38 PM

Shop

The SHOP is a sizable change to a player's Hawken experience and is one of the bigger portions of this network of suggestions.

What is the Shop_

The SHOP is a place where players can deal with other players and Meteor -- engaging primarily in the exchange of Hawken Points and for special items: Meteor Points.

Keep in mind the key point of this game is revenue for Meteor and needs to turn a profit, the idea of opening up a player economy is driven to fuel Meteor with additional excused to charge customers for items that do not feel outside of a respectable norm. AKA - Reasonable prices!

What can players do in the Shop_

Players will be given an INVENTORY. This Inventory will store a collection of SALVAGE between matches. Salvage can be placed into a player's GARAGE or SOLD in the shop to provide players with additional HAWKEN POINTS.

Players can browse the shop and PURCHASE FROM OTHER PLAYERS:
  • SALVAGE from other players for HP.
  • PROCESSED MATERIAL for HP.
  • MECHS constructed for HP.
  • WEAPONS constructed/discovered for HP.
  • PARTS constructed/discovered for HP.
  • INTERNAL PARTS constructed/discovered for HP.
  • BLUE PRINTS discovered for HP.
  • CHASSIS SHELLS discovered for HP.
Players can browse the shop and PURCHASE FROM METEOR:
  • BULK PROCESSED MATERIALS for HP/MP.
  • UPGRADES TO GARAGE for HP/MP.
  • UPGRADES TO PLAYER STORE for HP/MP.
  • MECHS for HP/MP.
  • CHASSIS SHELLS for HP/MP.
Players can browse the shop and RENT FROM METEOR:
  • Most Popular Mech Chassis fully equipped and standardized for HP/MP.
  • BOOSTER for HAWKEN POINTS for MP.
  • BOOSTER for PART EXPERIENCE POINTS for MP.
  • BOOSTER for SALVAGE GAIN for MP.
The Player Store

Each and every player will have a store. To avoid players opening up additional stores on additional accounts, there will be NO PRIVATE TRADING between players to backdoor the economy. To avoid "Gold Farming" from busting the economy, the economy cannot be completely player driven.

All SALVAGE, PROCESSED MATERIALS, CHASSIS SHELLS, BLUE PRINTS, INTERNAL PARTS, and PARTS should have a flat price. Players who SELL to the SHOP will be INSTANTLY given HAWKEN POINTS -- but stock of the item is reflected on how many people are supplying it to the shop to sell.

Players who BUY from the SHOP will also instantly receive he items in their MAIL SYSTEM.

WEAPONS AND MECHS can have competitive prices because they must be constructed via collection of BLUE PRINTS, PARTS, INTERNAL PARTS, CHASSIS SHELLS, and PROCESSED MATERIALS which vary based on how a player acquires them.

Building a Mech is no small task, so nor should be buying it.

Culex
Edit: I don't want to see player to player transactions. It would require more time investment, and I'd rather spend all my available time actually playing the game and perfecting my fighting and teamwork instead of checking deals offered by a plethora of players and also trying to get my own stuff sold. AKA Unneeded headache.

For players who desire to keep up their game and not worry about the hassle of Shopping -- Post-Game Loot can be instantly Sold or Moved to the Garage. This way a player who is more interested in just playing the game can just continue to game additional Hawken Points by just selling all Salvage  for INSTANT REWARDS. Of course they may want to look out for Blue Prints, Weapons, and Chassis Shells -- this will only reward them for playing!  

There is no requirement to go around hunting for prices or good deals on mechs or weapons. Players who are not interested in building and selling weapons and mechs can just keep playing and making more and more Hawken Points. No need to manage your store or try to get your stuff sold! As when you sell, the store will instantly just give you Hawken Points. Reducing the player's need to micromanage parts is a good thing!

For a player who just wants to play and keep selling. They'll likely get plenty of Hawken to purchase plenty of weapons and mechs from Meteor or Players at a later time!

How will WEAPONS and MECHS be competitive in Prices_

The key to this system is RANDOMIZATION.

Much like Diablo, the key glue that will drive a competitive market is also what will determine player loyalty and longevity will be Randomization.

PARTS will have RANDOMIZED STATS which can be mixed and matched via CRAFTING. Parts can be:
  • CRAFTED using PROCESSED MATERIALS
  • Discovered amidst SALVAGE Post-Game.
  • PURCHASED from the SHOP.
  • COLLECTED from DECONSTRUCTING WEAPONS.
PART STATS
  • Parts are universal and can be utilized by a pilot of any level; however they have different stats within them that can be activated by LEVELING the Part.
  • Such stats are: Rate of Fire, Heat Rate, Attack Damage, Defense, Movement Speed, etc.
  • Parts have a RARITY too, the more RARE they are --- the more potential STATS they have, the more expensive they are to purchase, and the more rewarding they are to sell. RARITIES are: Common, Advanced, and Cutting Edge.
  • Common: 1 Stat -- Requires 5 Levels to Unlock.
  • Advanced: 2 Stats -- Requires 10 Levels to Unlock.
  • Cutting Edge: 3 Stats -- Requires 15 Levels to Unlock.
  • STATS within the parts can STACK with other Stats from other parts when combined to make a WEAPON or MECH.
  • Parts in a Player's Inventory & Garage retain Experience and Levels as long as they own them.
  • Parts a player owns can be freely switched in and out Mechs and Weapons.
  • Certain Builds and Combinations of Parts can be quickly equipped to a Mech and Weapon via pre-saved CUSTOM LOADOUTS a player can freely deploy a mech.
  • A Single Part can be put into different CUSTOM LOADOUTS, but CANNOT be deployed into two MECHS or WEAPONS at the exact same time.
PART LEVELS
  • PARTS sold to the store LOSE all EXPERIENCE POINTS bound to them and return to LEVEL 0.
  • PARTS purchased from the store will have no EXPERIENCE POINTS bound to them and will be LEVEL 0.
  • Based on the RARITY of the Part, the Part will require a player to LEVEL it using EXPERIENCE POINTS earned through matches.
  • Every 5 Levels a Stat that the PART contains will be unlocked and can be used.
  • Players can see all the Stats the PART has before they find them, buy them, or install them.
  • When a PART is created into the game. It will always be Level 0 and randomize stats based on it's rarity.
  • Parts should not have the exact same stat listed twice or even three times.
  • Parts stats can stack with the stats of another part.
COMBINE PARTS USING BLUE PRINTS & CHASSIS SHELLS

What are BLUE PRINTS_

Blue Prints are designs for Weapons. In order to construct a weapon, you will need a Blue Print first.
  • Blue Prints can be found amidst SALVAGE acquired Post-Game.
  • Blue Prints can be purchased in the SHOP.
  • Blue Prints can be acquired by removing parts from a weapon.
  • Certain Blue Prints are exotic and rare -- they can be found rarely from Salvage and are UNSELLABLE or can be purchased for MP from Meteor.
Want multiple copies of the same weapon with slightly different stats so you can utilize numerous weapons in a single game_ You need to find or buy a lot of Blue Prints of the SAME weapon so you can implement parts.

This will allow players to slightly adjust their weapons depending on the situation or game type they are playing during the match.

What are CHASSIS SHELLS_

Chassis Shells are designs for Mechs. In order to construct a Mech, you will need a Chassis Shell first.
  • Chassis Shells can be found amidst SALVAGE acquired Post-Game.
  • Chassis Shells can be purchased in the SHOP.
  • Chassis Shells can be acquired by removing parts from Mechs.
  • Certain Chassis Shells are exotic and rare -- they can be found rarely from Salvage and are UNSELLABLE or can be purchased for MP from Meteor.
This will allow players to build and outfit mechs with parts and sell them for a profit of Hawken Points in the SHOP. Or players can collect and build their own mechs to deploy in matches.

< Return to top

Edited by TemperWolf, November 19 2012 - 09:59 PM.

#4 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Post-Game Loot

< Return to top

Edited by TemperWolf, November 19 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#5 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Inventory

< Return to top

#6 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Career

< Return to top

#7 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 19 2012 - 07:39 PM

Blue Prints

< Return to top

#8 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Crafting

< Return to top

Edited by TemperWolf, November 19 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#9 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Customizing

< Return to top

#10 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Renting

< Return to top

#11 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Building

< Return to top

#12 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 19 2012 - 07:40 PM

Buying

< Return to top

#13 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Selling

< Return to top

#14 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Additional Material

< Return to top

#15 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 19 2012 - 08:17 PM

I know you haven't finished this, but I'd like to respond to what you have in the Platform section.

Players sending ads to other players_ Really_ I get the point of making money on it, but you want the devs to turn Hawken into Facebook_

You'd be opening the floodgates for spammers and ghost accounts. No thanks.

Edited by Ace4225, November 19 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#16 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 08:29 PM

From just seeing the Platform section so far, and seeing the points: Advertise weapons for sale/Advertise mechs for sale, I just want to say I don't want to see any Auction House of any sorts. I left Diablo 3 for it, and I'll hate to go through that with this game.

Edit: I don't want to see player to player transactions. It would require more time investment, and I'd rather spend all my available time actually playing the game and perfecting my fighting and teamwork instead of checking deals offered by a plethora of players and also trying to get my own stuff sold. AKA Unneeded headache.

Edited by Culex, November 19 2012 - 08:31 PM.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#17 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 19 2012 - 09:06 PM

p2p cash shop.
f2p game.

Hellooooo scammers.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#18 omnissiah19

omnissiah19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted November 19 2012 - 09:14 PM

Don't like any of the idea so far
Begin transmission. The world collapses behind me.Posted Image

#19 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 19 2012 - 09:35 PM

Every comment will be addressed with additional information as the idea progressed and is written! So positive or negative, produce your feedback and I will be sure to include with a reasonable way to resolve your concerns.

Edited by TemperWolf, November 19 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#20 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 19 2012 - 09:45 PM

just quit while you're ahead.. seriously.

Save us all a few migraines.

Edited by Ace4225, November 20 2012 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users