HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Platform / Balance / Account / Shop Upgrades & Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 10:41 PM

Holy fuzzy bunny.
tl'dr all of it.
We're not even to 12/12/12 yet.  Devs have announced big changes even for CBE3 and that things -aren't- going to be done come 12/12/12.  Which is still beta anyway.
Post game loot_  No thanks, I don't want my earnings to be based on random drops.
Buying/selling between players_  No.  NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo.
Advertisements for clans_  No plz.
Crafting_  I didn't realize I was playing an MMO.
Blueprints for weapons just further diversifies weapons unnecessarily and creates huge skill gaps between paying/grinding players and new players.
Rarity_  Again, not an MMO.

...your intentions are good and all, but these solve problems that don't exist and create a million more.  Let alone development time and drastically changing everything about the game.

Most free to play games that are successful rely on cosmetics, boosts, and players who would rather spend ten bucks here and there rather than twenty hours.  Exactly what hawken does right now.  I'm sure there might be other things the devs do to make some money, but, not this.  

Randomization is one thing in games like Diablo or Borderlands that are mostly PvE, but this is most certainly not that.  You don't want to die because someone got a better loot roll than you.  An AR is an AR, not an incendiary AR of the ram.
Chicks dig giant robots.

#22 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 19 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostTimber_Wolf, on November 19 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Holy fuzzy bunny.
tl'dr all of it.
We're not even to 12/12/12 yet.  Devs have announced big changes even for CBE3 and that things -aren't- going to be done come 12/12/12.  Which is still beta anyway.
Post game loot_  No thanks, I don't want my earnings to be based on random drops.
Buying/selling between players_  No.  NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo.
Advertisements for clans_  No plz.
Crafting_  I didn't realize I was playing an MMO.
Blueprints for weapons just further diversifies weapons unnecessarily and creates huge skill gaps between paying/grinding players and new players.
Rarity_  Again, not an MMO.

...your intentions are good and all, but these solve problems that don't exist and create a million more.  Let alone development time and drastically changing everything about the game.

Most free to play games that are successful rely on cosmetics, boosts, and players who would rather spend ten bucks here and there rather than twenty hours.  Exactly what hawken does right now.  I'm sure there might be other things the devs do to make some money, but, not this.  

Randomization is one thing in games like Diablo or Borderlands that are mostly PvE, but this is most certainly not that.  You don't want to die because someone got a better loot roll than you.  An AR is an AR, not an incendiary AR of the ram.

this. All of it. [hating "like" limits lol]

Edited by Ace4225, November 19 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#23 EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted November 20 2012 - 12:07 AM

Currently not liking AT ALL the direction you want this game to take. Just a basic opinion of the current details you have written ATM, may change my mind (and add proper feedback) when more of your idea is fleshed out... or not...dunno.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users