HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Impression of CBE3 and Issues still unresolved from CBE2 (Public Tread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hello all, gonna be posting up here again with my own personal insight of this coming CBE3.

Made this tread for ALL to use to post THEIR THOUGHTS in one centralized location.

Again will be updating after every Hawken session.

Please keep the discussion civil and game related.

Enjoy! (will post after playing)

Edited by Astrolis, November 20 2012 - 09:58 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ideas are easily lost in the noise of unrelated discussions in curated threads, so I prefer it when people dedicate an individual topic to outline their thoughts.

#3 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:00 AM

...or you can clearly post your topic at the start of your post. Thanks for the input (be it not game related)

Anyone serious about posting or reading this tread will take the time out to read the posts instead of skimming. And also by clearly stating your own post topic (be it a reply or new thought) at the start of your post, even skimmers can clearly read what each post is about.

Edited by Astrolis, November 20 2012 - 09:03 AM.

Posted Image

#4 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thank you for going to the effort to place a placeholder here, I am enjoying the worthlessness of this post.
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#5 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:05 AM

It won't be worthless once the Beta starts. And its only worthless if community leaders (Such as yourself) say it is. So way to help out the community in a big way by trying to destroy discussions before they even begin. Please take the troll-age somewhere else.

Edited by Astrolis, November 20 2012 - 09:06 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

...or you can clearly post your topic at the start of your post. Thanks for the input (be it not game related)

Indeed. I'm fairly indifferent either way. I just find that discussion is often compromised by the crosstalk that inevitably occurs when different ideas are vying for attention in one location. My comment is worth more stars than that, by the way.

#7 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostRoundlay, on November 20 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Indeed. I'm fairly indifferent either way. I just find that discussion is often compromised by the crosstalk that inevitably occurs when different ideas are vying for attention in one location. My comment is worth more stars than that, by the way.

Yes the does happen in every single discussion forum. Big woop.

No your comment was worth less, by the way. Ego is not a good thing to have on discussion boards, stranger.

S/N: I request that if you have nothing GAME RELATED to post, to refrain from posting at all.

Edited by Astrolis, November 20 2012 - 09:19 AM.

Posted Image

#8 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:20 AM

Dude, no offense, and I know we're all really excited, but at least wait until you have something to say about CBE3 before making a thread about it.  Otherwise the only things people have to say will be "worthless" to the discussion.

Also I have to agree with Roundlay - individual threads for suggestions tend to be more effective in my opinion.

Edited by TerranCmdr, November 20 2012 - 09:21 AM.

Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#9 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:22 AM

View PostTerranCmdr, on November 20 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Dude, no offense, and I know we're all really excited, but at least wait until you have something to say about CBE3 before making a thread about it.  Otherwise the only things people have to say will be "worthless" to the discussion.

Or you can just not post in it til you have played the game... I would hope that was blindingly obvious.
Posted Image

#10 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:22 AM

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

No your comment was worth less, by the way. Ego is not a good thing to have on discussion boards, stranger.

Intonation slash tone don't play very well in text form so I can appreciate that my posts probably read pretty critically, but I was simply putting forward my view on curated threads like these; ego has nothing to do with it.

#11 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

It won't be worthless once the Beta starts. And its only worthless if community leaders (Such as yourself) say it is. So way to help out the community in a big way by trying to destroy discussions before they even begin. Please take the troll-age somewhere else.

LOL at the vacant post calling Troll.

Help the community by start this thread when you have something to put in it instead of a "I have nothing to say, but when I have something to say it will be posted here"

#12 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Now times the above by the number of ideas you'd expect in any given curated thread. Oh lawd.

#13 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Or you can just not post in it til you have played the game... I would hope that was blindingly obvious.

That's kind of exactly what I meant...

#14 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostSGRock, on November 20 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

LOL at the vacant post calling Troll.

Help the community by start this thread when you have something to put in it instead of a "I have nothing to say, but when I have something to say it will be posted here"

And how is /having a tread already up so that when members play they already have a tread to go to/ not helping the community_

I am flabbergasted and disappointed as to how you can't see that fundamental point.
Posted Image

#15 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:25 AM

-_- Why do people with big egos talk about others having big egos_

They point they are trying to make is that while your intention is good, it's effectively pointless as it's trying to make a forum inside of a thread. The reason you would want to have a separate thread for each specific topic is so that it doesn't turn into a garbled discussion where every post has 15 different quotes so everyone knows who they are talking to, which then creates more quotes. I've seen it happen.

As stated, I appreciate the good intention, but due to all the cross talk that would ensue, it's better that each specific topic be it's own thread as it has been so far. As to expecting people to read every word of every post, that's not likely as many people will skip over things they don't care about, and in the case of this thread where multiple topics would go in a single post, much would be skipped over and ignored due to the chaotic postings.

Sorry, but this thread probably won't get far and will probably be pushed off the main page shortly after the beta is in full force.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#16 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:26 AM

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.  You now have come to the point that we are trying to get you to see.
Don't start place holder threads.
Wait until you have content, then make your post of awesomeness so we can all be amazed at your insight.

#17 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostTerranCmdr, on November 20 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

That's kind of exactly what I meant...

So if it was that obvious why did you post_
Posted Image

#18 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:28 AM

Posted Image

#19 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostTerranCmdr, on November 20 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

#20 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostTerranCmdr, on November 20 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

My thought exactly.

How did the good intention of creating a tread where members can post Beta experience in a centralized location, which in turn would allow Developers easier access to multiple topics and discussions (instead of going through possible hundreds of pages of the same topics over and over and over again) turn into the hail of "this is worthless" or "this will never work".

How can you say there is a different between creating this topic NOW, a few hours before the Beta goes live again, than there would be if it was created seconds/minutes/hours after the Beta goes live.

I honestly don't see how creating the tread now or later makes a difference in its purpose. I'm saddened that so many think differently and therefore choose to dismantle a thread before it even has the chance to stand on its own.

So RIP tread of good intentions. Sorry that I couldn't care for you more.

Edited by Astrolis, November 20 2012 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users