HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Impression of CBE3 and Issues still unresolved from CBE2 (Public Tread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostAstrolis, on November 20 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I honestly don't see how creating the tread now or later makes a difference in its purpose. I'm saddened that so many think differently and therefore choose to dismantle a thread before it even has the chance to stand on its own.

You're right. The utility of a thread like this has little to do with timing. I think what the above is getting at is the fact that we already have a bucket for beta related discussion and ideas: the Closed Beta Event 3 Discussion subforum. Partitioning off this section of the forum even further only serves to obfuscate discussion.

If you think wading through "hundreds of pages of the same topics over and over and over again" is bad, imagine doing the same withing a single thread...

#22 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostTerranCmdr, on November 20 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

My thought exactly.

How did the good intention of creating a tread where members can post Beta experience in a centralized location, which in turn would allow Developers easier access to multiple topics and discussions (instead of going through possible hundreds of pages of the same topics over and over and over again) turn into the hail of "this is worthless" or "this will never work".

How can you say there is a different between creating this topic NOW, a few hours before the Beta goes live again, than there would be if it was created seconds/minutes/hours after the Beta goes live.

I honestly don't see how creating the tread now or later makes a difference in its purpose. I'm saddened that so many think differently and therefore choose to dismantle a thread before it even has the chance to stand on its own.

If it were created after the beta began, AND contained something of content about the Beta based upon your experience within said beta, then it would be of value and I would support you.

But this is nothing more than a:
1.  "I have not played beta 3 yet"
2.  "When I have played beta 3 I'll say something"
3.  "But I want everybody to know that I'll be saying it so I'll post a message about it"
4.  "Which will make people think the Beta is open and they are doing it wrong"

In short, this thread is about ego, not substance.  But I anxiously await your new thread containing awesome sauce information about the factual Closed Beta 3 experience.
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#23 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostSGRock, on November 20 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

My thought exactly.

How did the good intention of creating a tread where members can post Beta experience in a centralized location, which in turn would allow Developers easier access to multiple topics and discussions (instead of going through possible hundreds of pages of the same topics over and over and over again) turn into the hail of "this is worthless" or "this will never work".

How can you say there is a different between creating this topic NOW, a few hours before the Beta goes live again, than there would be if it was created seconds/minutes/hours after the Beta goes live.

If it were created after the beta began, AND contained something of content about the Beta based upon your experience within said beta, then it would be of value and I would support you.

But this is nothing more than a:
1.  "I have not played beta 3 yet"
2.  "When I have played beta 3 I'll say something"
3.  "But I want everybody to know that I'll be saying it so I'll post a message about it"
4.  "Which will make people think the Beta is open and they are doing it wrong"

In short, this thread is about ego, not substance.  But I anxiously await your new thread containing awesome sauce information about the factual Closed Beta 3 experience.

Again saddened that because it doesn't meet your criteria you condemn it. This tread is and will never be about ego regardless of what may be said.

1. It was a temporary place holder for content, which was clearly stated in the very first post that was made. And, just as the first post stated, content will be added once the CBE3 is up.
2. When we have played beta 3 we will say something*
3. There was no "I" in my intentions. To create a centralized tread for ALL to use was my only goal.
4. Clearly states that the beta servers are not online yet.

Regardless,
A potentially useful, insightful and legitimate tread was killed today.

Edited by Astrolis, November 20 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

#24 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:02 AM

Regardless,
A potentially useful, insightful and legitimate  thread was killed today.

Agreed.
Hopefully it will be replaced with one that is actually useful.
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#25 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:03 AM

I lold at this

View PostSGRock, on November 20 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Posted Image
This thread needs more
Posted Image

Edited by h0B0, November 20 2012 - 10:03 AM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users